LOL! Thats a big movie!
Modena AL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2002, 07:19 PM   #138
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by futureal
One more update. I have the Oval qualifying results after 3 rounds posted. The Oval mains are being run right now. Will try and have those results up as soon as possible.
Congrats to you and your 'trackside' reporters. The coverage was was excellent and the work that everyone put into it was indicative of how this site truly serves r/c.

Again, great job.
Old 02-10-2002, 09:53 PM   #139
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Kinetix WINS

Alright Ron, bringing another snowbird national title back to Austin.

Sounds like the race went well and thank all of you who kept posting the results and status, it was great to be able to keep up.

AE | Reedy | KO | Tekin | Powermaster | Avid | Upgrade | BCE | Paint by Smiley
David Joor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 11:48 AM   #140
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to David Galdo Send a message via AIM to David Galdo Send a message via MSN to David Galdo Send a message via Yahoo to David Galdo

Congrats to Ron, he would not have expected anything less. I watched his times improve every race leading up to the competition and it amazed me how he squeezed out another second and lap.

So is the next national or regional hosted by KinetixRC?

Go KinetixRC!!
Old 02-11-2002, 01:03 PM   #141
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

We will be doing the carpet regionals this year, but we can provide an adequate facility for a national yet. I did say yet.

Ron has the ability to do that, he turns a turn buckle around and al of a sudden his laps go down 2 tenths, it is quite a phenomenon (spelling sucks)

AE | Reedy | KO | Tekin | Powermaster | Avid | Upgrade | BCE | Paint by Smiley
David Joor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 02:51 PM   #142
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Kaliboy

Just wanted to say: WHAT A WEEK! Just got back from Orlando early this morning. I was supposed to go into work tomorrow but I'm gonna take an extra day off to recupperate. We got to the track around 10 wed morning and quickly setup our pits near the pool. We had a little window for practice (on road) near noon and several hours after that. Our next practice was supposed to be from 2am-7 but the club race ran until 5-6 that morning. I got up around 1am to head down to the track but just sat around waiting for the club race to end. I should have raced in the club race.

Many of the big names were there and it was a blast to see these guys race. Personally, I think that all the PRO drivers (sponsored factory drivers) should stay in the pro classes and not sand bag in the lower classes. It's hard enough as it is for us unsponsored guys to attract the attention of potential sponsors. Stay out of the stock classes and stay in the mod classes....PERIOD. A couple of guys that I know were gonna run 19t foam but after seeing the entries decided to join the 19t rubber class. They seemed to have more fun running in that class than me and some other people had in 19t foam class.

The race directors had put on a great show. A big hand goes out to all involved. That was alot of racing around the clock. One thing that I would like to add is to scrap the club races and use it for practice. If they decide to keep the race then I'm gonna make sure to enter it. Orlando was great, but wish that my sleep was more regulated. I didn't get enough. Also I didn't get a chance to cruise the town. I was in Orlando many years ago and had a blast then. It was a shame to spend the whole time at the track.

and one last thing.....word was spreading around in the pits about Kinwald trying to take out Jared Scott. What was that about? I saw it and so did many others. Was it poor sportsmanship or team driving or what?
Kaliboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 05:47 PM   #143
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

I didnt get to see Ron run his mains but I did watch his heats (had to make sure I built him enough HP) and he is an awsome driver. With some luck he would have easily TQ'd stock as well. But theres always next year.

Eric Anderson
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 06:03 PM   #144
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

jakespeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 07:36 PM   #145
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BigDogRacing

Quote:
Originally posted by EAMotorsports
I didnt get to see Ron run his mains but I did watch his heats (had to make sure I built him enough HP) and he is an awsome driver. With some luck he would have easily TQ'd stock as well. But theres always next year.

Eric Anderson
Congrats to you Eric,

not only were you the motor man of the week, but took home the highly respected Charlie Brown award for unselfish commitment and superior skill.

BTW, it was nice meeting you- and it was nice meeting all you guys that I had the privelege to meet last week who might be reading this. Thanks to you and to Mike (and his crew) for an awesome race. You can bet I'll be back next year!!
BigDogRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 09:20 PM   #146
R/C Tech Founder

And everybody thank BigDog for the pictures!

I still have the videos and am going to post those up as soon as I get the chance. The last couple days have been extraordinarily busy ones. I will try to get them online ASAP.
Old 02-11-2002, 11:01 PM   #147

Whats with the coverage of the snowbird national? Nothing on what the finals are for the oval part of the race, not every one races road coarse........are you going to up date the post or what.
4cellovalrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 11:15 PM   #148
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

not everone pampers you so give the guy some time and maybe you'll get your oval results. I hope that you posted the same thing on the snowbird site since they don't seem to have any info either.

Old 02-12-2002, 12:31 AM   #149
Tech Regular

Whatever the hell happened to courtesy around here? It seems like on every forum you have these punks who do nothing but say gimmee and whenareya. Futureal and the guys are doing this for free and doing an excellent job of it considering what they have to work with. There isn`t another website out there doing the race reports as they happen including the official race site. So shut up and show these guys some apreciation or wait until R/C Car Action prints an article in six months.

To Futureal and the guys Thanks again!
saints1115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 01:13 AM   #150
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BigDogRacing

Quote:
Originally posted by 4cellovalrcr
Whats with the coverage of the snowbird national? Nothing on what the finals are for the oval part of the race, not every one races road coarse........are you going to up date the post or what.
Hey Cheeseball, I stayed up until 4am one night and then missed a crucial 2 hour open practice session because I was so tired I never heard the alarm so you could see pictures and results ASAP. I'm pretty sure Futureal has a similar story with all the updates and page assembly he did, so slap yourself upside the head and repeat after me- "if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all"
BigDogRacing is offline   Reply With Quote