Wiki Posts
Search

2009 "IIC" Las Vegas International Indoor Championships

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 10:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by karmas
hello all, i live here in vegas and race in beginer class locally.. i ran across this post and im on vacation the same week and was wondering if anyone knows how much it will cost and where i can sign up? i also read on first post that there is going to be a beginer class is it for touring cars 1/10th scale? sorry im new to this hobby still learning alot..
You will have to wait till Scotty posts up all the info like the rest of us... However, we do know there will be sign-ups on the 3rd of May. The amatuer class is usually 17.5 rubber. Last year first handout class entry fee was $150. with motor, shwag bag, and ore-race buffet included... Along with team/company meet and greet.

Definately not a race to miss. Just wait for Scotty (trackside) to post the rest of the details.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

thank you timmay , another ? what does the 17.5 mean is that the motor size, like i said before im still learning everything
Old 04-29-2009, 11:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

thank you timmay , another ? what does the 17.5 mean is that the motor size, like i said before im still learning everything
The first year I attended the IIC was as a spectator. Saw some excellent racing and learned a lot by just doing that. Have returned three times after that as a racer.

Give yourself a chance to learn and enjoy "the ride" that competitive racing will take you on.

I would suggest graduating from local racing, to regionals, to nationals and other big events (like the IIC or Reedy) to get a feel for things.

Bill
Old 04-29-2009, 11:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

ty u bill, im excited about this racing scene
Old 04-30-2009, 09:10 AM
Tech Master

Karmas, talk to some of the top local drivers. They should know what the competition level is like and how you would stack up.

There is nothing stopping you from signing up but the question is would you be having fun getting lapped? And can you stay out of the fast guys way. The fastest drivers in the amateur A-main are serious privateers who normally race expert class. If you're bouncing off the boards and other cars every lap you are not going to be very popular.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:13 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by HB Moose
If you're bouncing off the boards and other cars every lap you are not going to be very popular.
That never stopped Dirla from attending.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ~McSmooth~
Now that is funny and I don't care who you are!!
Old 04-30-2009, 10:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ~McSmooth~
ouch.... I'm just there to take pictures and race RC cars and I'm all out of cars.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Karmas I'm a vegas local too. I just got into on-road I have been racing off road for years. If you are racing at Hobbytown ask around couple of the guys have gone to that race. I know Brandon Penney has and I'm thinking about attending it this year. My name is Brandon Pitt if I can make the next hobbytown race (might have to work) I'll be pitting next to Dave he's the one with the RC cart (pit table on wheels you can't miss it and you'll know dave he wears overalls all the time) Come talk to us we'll help you out
Old 04-30-2009, 03:00 PM
Tech Master

Whats up everyone!

It is great to see everyone getting excited already about the IIC. As you can imagine there is a massive amount of behind the sceans stuff going on and it is going great.

I do have to let everyone know of a change I have to do on the registration date. Unfortunately I have had some problems with our online registration process that I will not be able to get corrected by the registration date of May 3rd. So to make it easier for everyone and give everyone ample time to plan, I am moving the registration date to June 7th 2009 at 8pm Eastern Time USA

This will allow me enough time to ensure a smooth process and allow all of you the chance to prepare. Sorry for the change, but somethings happen.

Classes are mostly set with just a few details still need to be worked out.

1 thing for sure is the Amateur class will return and I am thinking it will be huge again this year. Rubber tire 17.5 for this class.

Also there will be a big focus on 1/12th scale this year and something very special for all 1/12th scale Chassis Manufactures so stay tuned.

Who's 1/12th Chassis is honestly the best in the World??????? Stay tuned for this.

Next week I will be doing the announcement on all the latest greatest for this years IIC so stay tuned and please pass the word on the new entry date for us.

This IIC is going to surpass even last years that was so great. Set the date.

Get your plane tickets and reserve your rooms.

IIC 2009 IS NOT THAT FAR AWAY AND IT WILL START OF THE INDOOR SEASON WITH A BANG.

More next week.

Thanks
Scotty
Old 04-30-2009, 03:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TRACKSIDE
IIC 2009 IS NOT THAT FAR AWAY AND IT WILL START OF THE INDOOR SEASON WITH A BANG.

More next week.

Thanks
Scotty
130 Days lol
Old 04-30-2009, 03:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

you 'think' 130 days is a long time and then 'bam' you are marshalling the A-main WGT class.......
Old 04-30-2009, 03:57 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by The Bear
you 'think' 130 days is a long time and then 'bam' you are marshalling the A-main WGT class.......
casey jones watch your speed
Old 04-30-2009, 04:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Bear
I didn't think you made it up to the "B" Casey
Old 04-30-2009, 04:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

can't wait to race in vegas. so far i have been to all of them. now the big question do i run mod again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.