R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-21-2009, 10:32 PM   #1201
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 42
Default

goooooooooooooooo
herocyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 01:15 AM   #1202
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 900
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart View Post
My main concern is that locally (and probably elsewhere) racers are treating the stock classes as if they are modified with turn limits. Modified 12.5 rotors (less than 7.25mm shaft) and rotors larger than 12.5 are commonly used.
Well said Rick. Isn't it the case that with BL we now don't have a stock class anyway? I appreciate what everyone said about maintenance and all that with BR, but with LiPo and BL software issues, it seems to me 'Stock' is now the same cost as Mod, and just as variable. The Law of Unintended Consequences...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRACKSIDE View Post
Well the winner of the Bonus lap is..........................................

LUKE HOBSON FOR THE UK. WITH HIS BONUS LAP HE IS NOW TQ...... OF PRACTICE.

Thanks for playing along.
Scotty
The British Team win the first award of the IIC!! Is there a prize for winning the first award, then we'd have two!!

I hope there is a prize for being last in Expert WorldGT - that's mine!! Then we'd be guaranteed going home with two awards!!
SlowerOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 01:17 AM   #1203
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 900
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericjooopuntnl View Post
Elliott Harper....or maybe........David Spashett??

17 days till i get on the plane

greetz,

Eric
You'll get better odds of it snowing in Vegas during the IIC than David coming out of retirement!
SlowerOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 01:59 AM   #1204
Tech Addict
 
Luke Hobson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: newark, nottinghamshire, UK
Posts: 526
Send a message via MSN to Luke Hobson
Default

woop woop!!

Not long left now, think it's 15 days till I leave, not looking forward to a 12 hour flight followed by a 3 hour flight.... eeek!!

Seeyou guys soon!
__________________
Luke Hobson
Awesomatix - Xenon - Godzilla Paint - Moorespeed - ToniSport - MBmodels

http://luke-hobson.blogspot.com/
Luke Hobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 02:34 AM   #1205
Tech Master
 
Charlie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: I'm All Over The Place
Posts: 1,160
Default

Stock racing has always been "pretty" much just as expensive as modified.

Same lathe, same battery war, same brush of the week, in many cases it was more expensive due to the competition being much closer. Racing will never be cheap. If it was, it wouldn't be racing, it would be bashing about.

At least now, for the guys that don't take this stuff super serious, they very much can buy one motor and run it for months and maybe years with no real issues. I know, none of those guys have the internet or post, so what's it matter right.....

As a race, you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. No way to keep everyone happy. If you only allow certain motors you're going to piss off the guys that don't use/run/like those motors. You allow anything, and you piss of the guys that don't have one of everything and want to run what they own/sell/promote.

Just my opinion, and like I always say, opinions are like Shop Vacs, everyone has one and most of them suck..... some blow too.....
__________________
Novak Electronics Tech Support
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 06:37 AM   #1206
Tech Elite
 
Yeti35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: SL, UT
Posts: 2,804
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Stock racing has always been "pretty" much just as expensive as modified.

Same lathe, same battery war, same brush of the week, in many cases it was more expensive due to the competition being much closer. Racing will never be cheap. If it was, it wouldn't be racing, it would be bashing about.

At least now, for the guys that don't take this stuff super serious, they very much can buy one motor and run it for months and maybe years with no real issues. I know, none of those guys have the internet or post, so what's it matter right.....

As a race, you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. No way to keep everyone happy. If you only allow certain motors you're going to piss off the guys that don't use/run/like those motors. You allow anything, and you piss of the guys that don't have one of everything and want to run what they own/sell/promote.

Just my opinion, and like I always say, opinions are like Shop Vacs, everyone has one and most of them suck..... some blow too.....
Wow Charlie, that was an amazing post for even a short guy like you! Well put though and I mean that.
__________________
JRXS Type R, I have four of them!! ;) ( Yes, I still have them!!)And racing one of them again!!
22 3.0SR
22T 2.0 w/ Exotech chassis
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 06:58 PM   #1207
Tech Regular
 
Mike@StlCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 253
Send a message via AIM to Mike@StlCity
Thumbs up Carpet Racers - Life in the Small Lane

Just a quick note to IIC racers, the feature length film Carpet Racers which was filmed at the last IIC is complete. The film has been submitted to over a dozen film festivals all over the world. Carpet Racers will need to complete the film fest circuit before being released on DVD - which will be by the end of 2009 or early 2010.

For more info check out www.CarpetRacers.com. - you may see yourself and what past events have looked like if you were there!

Thank you to all who participated in spreading the word of what Carpet Racing is about!

If you are a FaceBook fan, become a fan to be the first to hear any latest news, and to view more pictures of behind the scenes and funny stories.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pa...3807297?ref=ts

Good luck at this years IIC - a true championship of the world!

Mike
__________________
Carpet Racers - Life in the small lane - Feature Length R/C Film
www.CarpetRacers.com
Mike@StlCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 12:27 AM   #1208
Tech Apprentice
 
karmas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 63
Default is there any women racing this year?

just wondering if there were any women racing this year and what class?
__________________
-www.sincityrc.com-
Hpi Blitz, Hpi Flux, Motiv Esc, Caliber SCT Tires
Team Associated FT-B4, Proline tires, LRP Esc, Reedy Motor
karmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 05:53 AM   #1209
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 900
Default

There's a Kathy Davenport in 17.5 Rubber Sedan amateur. To my disappointment, no Vicky Carruba this year.
SlowerOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 05:57 AM   #1210
Tech Master
 
Keith Billanti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: BUFFALO
Posts: 1,794
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Are there really only a handful of Foam TC entries?

I hear foam is not even ran at Fastcats anymore, when talking with JB from fastcats..

Has foam TC finally died?

I ask this as after watching the carpet racers trailer-- I am very eager to start racing again. WHICH way will i go with it? I have always kind of wanted to run rubber again- but went with the masses.


Wish i could make it to the IIC again this year, but being back in school sucks a lot of time. Missing the first week wouldnt be good

good luck to all of the racers.

Keith
__________________
OUT
Keith Billanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 06:07 AM   #1211
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 900
Default

There's a Kathy Davenport in 17.5 Rubber Sedan amateur. To my disappointment, no Vicky Carruba this year.
SlowerOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 08:27 AM   #1212
Tech Elite
 
Yeti35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: SL, UT
Posts: 2,804
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowerOne View Post
There's a Kathy Davenport in 17.5 Rubber Sedan amateur. To my disappointment, no Vicky Carruba this year.
Check again, Vicky is signed up and as far as I know is going.
__________________
JRXS Type R, I have four of them!! ;) ( Yes, I still have them!!)And racing one of them again!!
22 3.0SR
22T 2.0 w/ Exotech chassis
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 08:41 AM   #1213
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 9,158
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti35 View Post
Check again, Vicky is signed up and as far as I know is going.
No She wont be there this year. Her new job wont let her take off for a week this race and then again for Cleveland. And I know Cleveland is a must for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Billanti View Post
Are there really only a handful of Foam TC entries?

I hear foam is not even ran at Fastcats anymore, when talking with JB from fastcats..

Has foam TC finally died?

I ask this as after watching the carpet racers trailer-- I am very eager to start racing again. WHICH way will i go with it? I have always kind of wanted to run rubber again- but went with the masses.


Wish i could make it to the IIC again this year, but being back in school sucks a lot of time. Missing the first week wouldnt be good

good luck to all of the racers.

Keith
Seems everyone is going back to rubber with TC with the new Jaco blue tires. Buy a set and run them for a month or longer on carpet. There are still a lot of foam guys but most are slowly switching over.

12th scale is where its at now!!!

EA
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Team EAM | Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | APEX Raceway and Hobbies | RC Mission | Killer Concepts | AVID | Hobbywing.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 10:03 AM   #1214
Tech Master
 
Keith Billanti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: BUFFALO
Posts: 1,794
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post


Seems everyone is going back to rubber with TC with the new Jaco blue tires. Buy a set and run them for a month or longer on carpet. There are still a lot of foam guys but most are slowly switching over.

EA
This is actually music to my ears.

You just sold me. I am buying a touring chassis this week, one way, or another.

Keith
__________________
OUT
Keith Billanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 12:59 PM   #1215
Tech Master
 
J.Filipow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,692
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
Seems everyone is going back to rubber with TC with the new Jaco blue tires. Buy a set and run them for a month or longer on carpet. There are still a lot of foam guys but most are slowly switching over.

EA
I agree with EA...I have never run rubber tires on carpet until earlier this summer, when OCRC opened an carpet track. With rubber tires, and everyone running Jaco Blues, I have noticed a shift in focus from 'wheel/insert/tire/compound' to driving and car setup; a shift into the right direction. Add to this, the fact that the tires perform the same run after run after run (at our track), and you have a much more cost effective class. It's brought a lot of the fun back to the rug for me....as for foams, it's still great to run foams with 12th scale!
__________________
P1 Brand - "Victory is Black and White" ◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤

RC America / XRayUSA / Hudy / Motiv / Avid / Vannen Watches
J.Filipow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:55 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net