R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-29-2009, 07:12 PM   #796
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdoherty View Post
Anyone know the dimensions for Vegas layouts?

RC America / XRayUSA / Hudy / Motiv / Avid / Vannen Watches
J.Filipow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 08:01 PM   #797
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Wow, that's bigger than I thought. All of that is track?
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 08:17 PM   #798
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to goop

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdoherty View Post
Wow, that's bigger than I thought. All of that is track?
yes

TOP Racing - Gravity Rc - Contact tires - KO Propo - Competition Electronics
goop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 08:55 PM   #799
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Hi Everyone,

Great to see so much chat. I am sorry I have been gone for the weekend and not able to answer them right away.

I will do my best to answer all of them, but if I miss something, just ask again, thanks

ALF: when we set out to allow the new 1 cell Lipo for the IIC we wanted to use packs that were being designed specifically for pan cars both 1.12th and WGT.
As for now, the packs we will be allowing are SMC, ThunderPower, Reedy and Fantom, These as of now are the only companies manufacturing 3.7v 1 cell batts designed for these cars. I may update this before the event if other companies have packs that meet the specs for this class. I am not aware of Nosram or LRP making a 1 cell 3.7v pack, but if they are, I will find out soon from them.
If the pack you are referring to is a 7.4v Saddle pack and you want to split the pack, I am sorry but this will not be allowed.
I hope this clears up any questions you have and if you have others, please let me know.

ANDREWDOHERTY: J has it correct 100' x 50'

KBLACKWELL71. The go kart option was on the original signup when you registered for the IIC. I am working on adding it to the website to sign up for it and use pay pal, but it will take a little while.

BCLOTHING: If you would like to add a class and go kart, Please email me the info at [email protected]. Then I will let you know what you need to send via Pay Pal. Thanks.

I hope I got to all the questions you guys had, but if not fire away.

Thanks
Scotty
Scotty Ernst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 11:27 PM   #800
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

But, CRC carpet is always 12' wide...

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 12:38 AM   #801
Tech Master

For the go karts..... what's the ride height rule for them? and What's the wing height rule? Also, how many cells are in those bad boys?

If tennies beats me can I kick him in the jewels?

I'm totally bringing my helicopter to buzz the tower too! WOot WOot!
Old 06-30-2009, 08:36 AM   #802
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey Scotty have you updated the website lately for registration count?
5280 Raceway
MILE HIGH INDOOR CHAMPS April 19-22nd 2018 @ www.milehighindoorchamps.com
bkspeedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:46 AM   #803
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

I haven't seen the registration numbers change in the last week.

Rules, when we these get posted?
kn7671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 02:22 PM   #804
Tech Master

+1 for a complete set of rules. What is legal for a 17.5 motor? (BYOM in 12th scale) Any rotor or is it restricted. Are Timing Advancing ESC's legal.

Note: Only Scotty's or Jamie's answers will be valid. Anyone else is just speculating.

Last edited by HB Moose; 06-30-2009 at 03:43 PM.
HB Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 07:13 PM   #805
Tech Master

Speculating that:

Any approved motors will be permitted, meaning IFMAR/Roar approved. This means the rotors will have to fit into the same guidelines.

Speculation Over:

Why wouldn't timing advance ESC's be legal? There never has been an ESC rule in the history of RC......

Where's that little Tech Leprechaun when you need him?
Old 07-01-2009, 08:24 PM   #806
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Speculating that:

Any approved motors will be permitted, meaning IFMAR/Roar approved. This means the rotors will have to fit into the same guidelines.

Speculation Over:

Why wouldn't timing advance ESC's be legal? There never has been an ESC rule in the history of RC......

Where's that little Tech Leprechaun when you need him?
The governing bodies had their chance to ban dynamic timing ESCs, but none of them did it. Looking back, it probably would have made the sport/hobby healthier. Ah well, no sense crying about it. Back to tensely waiting for the next generation of ESC to replace the one that I just bought to replace the one that had worked great.
When someone is intent on excelling in an otherwise laudable manner, does he not desire to inflict pain on others by means of his exalted status and enjoy the envy he arouses? Is there not an anticipated delight in an artist's ability to defeat his artistic rivals, which heightens his euphoria in creation?
-Nietzsche
adamge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:56 PM   #807
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I don't have any affiliation with any manufacturer, I have run most esc's, I am running the Tekin RS's and have been happy because they have kept up with the changes by only needing a software/firmware update. They are a nice size and have performed well for me. You sometimes have to wait tensely for the updates, it does take some time to be sure it is ready to release for use, but usually worth the wait.
oldrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:59 PM   #808
Tech Master

Hi guys,

Ah yes, rules. Jamie and I are finalizing these this week and will have the majority of them posted soon.

As for motors. There will be nothing surprising, all the current motors that most of us use will all be allowed.

CHARLIE: Jamie will also be running tech at the go kart event so you are in big trouble. And yes, You can kick him, but only after the IIC. I need him vertical for the event. Not like at the Reedy 2 years ago when he was on a scooter with a broken leg

thanks guys.
Scotty
Scotty Ernst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:13 PM   #809
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Wicked-Wayz Send a message via AIM to Wicked-Wayz Send a message via MSN to Wicked-Wayz Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked-Wayz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRACKSIDE View Post

CHARLIE: Jamie will also be running tech at the go kart event so you are in big trouble. And yes, You can kick him, but only after the IIC. I need him vertical for the event. Not like at the Reedy 2 years ago when he was on a scooter with a broken leg
Yea charlie, jamie is already short enough. I have still yet to see him be allowed in a deep end of a pool. Some of the kiddie pools I think are even too deep.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Old 07-01-2009, 11:53 PM   #810
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRACKSIDE View Post
Hi Everyone,

ALF: when we set out to allow the new 1 cell Lipo for the IIC we wanted to use packs that were being designed specifically for pan cars both 1.12th and WGT.
As for now, the packs we will be allowing are SMC, ThunderPower, Reedy and Fantom, These as of now are the only companies manufacturing 3.7v 1 cell batts designed for these cars. I may update this before the event if other companies have packs that meet the specs for this class. I am not aware of Nosram or LRP making a 1 cell 3.7v pack, but if they are, I will find out soon from them.
If the pack you are referring to is a 7.4v Saddle pack and you want to split the pack, I am sorry but this will not be allowed.
I hope this clears up any questions you have and if you have others, please let me know.

Thanks
Scotty
"If the pack you are referring to is a 7.4v Saddle pack and you want to split the pack"

yes that is correct.

I have many good argument why i want to do that.
1. I don't want to see that 12 scale drop down.
2. making a special battery for 12 scale only Is not a clever thing.

USA Is a different story but If you use the split saddle pack you can use that battery for both TC 1/10 and 12 scale pan car.
the special made battery for 12 scale battery can not be used for TC 1/10 car or buggy 1/10.

I don't say that using a Saddle pack as a single cell and a two cell Saddle pack In TC Is perfect but possible
and if both cells are having the same number off runs It will possible work fine.

This will give many people the potential to use the batteries in two classes as in today many make 4 cell packs off old 6 cell packs or 5 cell pack that
have be used in TC, buggy, etc.
making a special lipo for 12 scale only is only going to hurt 12 scale many places In Europe I think. I may be wrong.

3. and using that one cell Saddle pack will work on a old 6 cell 12 scale chassis, whit out any mod.
I'm sure many have a old 6 cell AE 12L3 chassis that they can use.

I hope i don't hurt anyone that Is not my intention.

I wants 12 scale to continue to grow.

Alf
alf.skaar is offline   Reply With Quote