R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-26-2009, 07:48 AM   #781
Tech Elite
 
Yeti35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: SL, UT
Posts: 2,804
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alf.skaar View Post
Thanks final i get any info

How can It be that ROAR Is not mention with a single word on this page
forgive me i have not done any other races in the USA except the worlds in
Orlando.

http://www.iic09.com/rules.php

I went in to the local hobby store and pick up two Nosram single cells
4800 mha at 40C and now i can not use they.

grrr. rules are for many off use to more pain then good for the sport.

Alf
Are the Nosram packs possibly the same as one of the other mentioned packs? If so, since they mostly appear to be coming from the same factories, Scotty may allow it. That would obviously be up to him, but he would probably understand the fact you may not have those mentioned cells readily available to you.
__________________
JRXS Type R, I have four of them!! ;) ( Yes, I still have them!!)And racing one of them again!!
22 3.0SR
22T 2.0 w/ Exotech chassis
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 08:54 AM   #782
Tech Initiate
 
kblackwell71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 27
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Do we have to pre-register for the gokart stuff on monday or is it just show up and pay your money? I didn't see anything on the entry form

Yeti you got rain tires for this weekend? may be boat racing on the outdoor course

Can't wait for sept.
__________________
Kblackwell71
------------------------------
www.sweetwaterrc.com
www.wyomingrc.com
kblackwell71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:03 AM   #783
Tech Elite
 
Rick Hohwart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,935
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott B View Post
These are the 3 ROAR approved 1 cell lipos you can run..

SMC 4000 Single Cell... 5025S

Fantom 5000 Single Cell... FAN27600

Thunder Power 5000 Pro Race Single Cell... TP5000-1SPR
Don't forget the Reedy 4600 3.7V #719. They will be in stock and ROAR approved in August.
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:09 AM   #784
Tech Elite
 
Rick Hohwart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,935
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alf.skaar View Post
Thanks final i get any info

How can It be that ROAR Is not mention with a single word on this page
forgive me i have not done any other races in the USA except the worlds in
Orlando.

http://www.iic09.com/rules.php

I went in to the local hobby store and pick up two Nosram single cells
4800 mha at 40C and now i can not use they.

grrr. rules are for many off use to more pain then good for the sport.

Alf
The rules say hard cased LiPo so if the Nosram is hard cased I don't see why you can't run it. If you are stuck and can't legally run them we can probably set you up with a couple of Reedy rental packs.

This race is not ROAR sanctioned so the rules are up to the organizer. Rules can suck but without rules it would not be a sport. Instead it would be nothing more than organized bashing.
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:08 AM   #785
Tech Master
 
Charlie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: I'm All Over The Place
Posts: 1,160
Default

Organized bashing sounds like fun!
__________________
Novak Electronics Tech Support
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:05 PM   #786
Tech Addict
 
Luke Hobson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: newark, nottinghamshire, UK
Posts: 526
Send a message via MSN to Luke Hobson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart View Post
The rules say hard cased LiPo so if the Nosram is hard cased I don't see why you can't run it. If you are stuck and can't legally run them we can probably set you up with a couple of Reedy rental packs.

This race is not ROAR sanctioned so the rules are up to the organizer. Rules can suck but without rules it would not be a sport. Instead it would be nothing more than organized bashing.
do reedy do rental cars i can abuse down the strip too lol

only 72 days!!
__________________
Luke Hobson
Awesomatix - Xenon - Godzilla Paint - Moorespeed - ToniSport - MBmodels

http://luke-hobson.blogspot.com/
Luke Hobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:39 PM   #787
Tech Elite
 
Yeti35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: SL, UT
Posts: 2,804
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kblackwell71 View Post
Do we have to pre-register for the gokart stuff on monday or is it just show up and pay your money? I didn't see anything on the entry form

Yeti you got rain tires for this weekend? may be boat racing on the outdoor course

Can't wait for sept.
You guys coming down to SLC?
__________________
JRXS Type R, I have four of them!! ;) ( Yes, I still have them!!)And racing one of them again!!
22 3.0SR
22T 2.0 w/ Exotech chassis
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 02:13 PM   #788
Tech Initiate
 
kblackwell71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 27
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

I will be down in SLC but I will be moving my mom not racing but we are hoping to make it a few times before the sizzler.
__________________
Kblackwell71
------------------------------
www.sweetwaterrc.com
www.wyomingrc.com
kblackwell71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 04:12 PM   #789
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 237
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti35 View Post
Are the Nosram packs possibly the same as one of the other mentioned packs? If so, since they mostly appear to be coming from the same factories, Scotty may allow it. That would obviously be up to him, but he would probably understand the fact you may not have those mentioned cells readily available to you.
it is hard case, and the add say "Race legal (complying to ROAR / EFRA rules)"

The blue version from LRP is on the EFRA list, but not the red i now it
is the same battery but a different colour, it ma have the same order #

http://www.nosram.com/en/products/ba...c-74v/details/

Lipo from USA is hard to get many web shops don't ship lipo in the mail
and it will go by boat, and will take three month to get it.

Thanks
Alf :-)
Norway
alf.skaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 04:24 PM   #790
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 237
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart View Post
The rules say hard cased LiPo so if the Nosram is hard cased I don't see why you can't run it. If you are stuck and can't legally run them we can probably set you up with a couple of Reedy rental packs.

This race is not ROAR sanctioned so the rules are up to the organizer. Rules can suck but without rules it would not be a sport. Instead it would be nothing more than organized bashing.
Thanks
But then I will need the battery ASAP since I will have to start to make a
car for It and test It.

agreed rules are need In many area, but som things don't need
rules we have no body shell rules for 12 scale in Norway, you can
run what you purchase this rule Is working fine for us.

I hope that the battery I have will be legal.

Thanks
Alf
Norway
alf.skaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 04:30 PM   #791
Tech Adept
 
ThunderPowerRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alf.skaar View Post
it is hard case, and the add say "Race legal (complying to ROAR / EFRA rules)"

The blue version from LRP is on the EFRA list, but not the red i now it
is the same battery but a different colour, it ma have the same order #

http://www.nosram.com/en/products/ba...c-74v/details/

Lipo from USA is hard to get many web shops don't ship lipo in the mail
and it will go by boat, and will take three month to get it.

Thanks
Alf :-)
Norway
That is a 7.4v 2 cell saddle pack for B44 style offroad vehicles. You will need to get a 1 cell lipo for 12th scale like the one below.

ThunderPowerRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 05:21 PM   #792
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 237
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderPowerRC View Post
That is a 7.4v 2 cell saddle pack for B44 style offroad vehicles. You will need to get a 1 cell lipo for 12th scale like the one below.

sorry my bad, i will only use one off they. In the car.

You purchase they as a sadel pack, and get two battery to 12 scale

Alf :-)
alf.skaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 01:17 AM   #793
Tech Master
 
timmay70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,701
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alf.skaar View Post
sorry my bad, i will only use one off they. In the car.

You purchase they as a sadel pack, and get two battery to 12 scale

Alf :-)
Not legal.
__________________
Speed Merchant Rev7, Tekin, TQ Racing (wire), Team Tamale
RC Excitement - Buy where you race, support your local tracks.
ROAR #105242
timmay70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 02:55 PM   #794
Tech Fanatic
 
SalvadoriRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Brazil, Sao Paulo
Posts: 928
Send a message via MSN to SalvadoriRacing Send a message via Skype™ to SalvadoriRacing
Default

let's wait for the rules to be published and then figure out if it will be allowed or not to run 3.7v batteries from splited saddle packs.....
__________________
Salvadori Racing
www.salvadoriracing.com.br

O.S. Engines - KM RACING - CONTACT TYRES - SAVOX - LRP - ARC | Blitz | Titan
SalvadoriRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 03:42 PM   #795
Tech Elite
 
andrewdoherty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: ★Wylie, TX★
Posts: 3,776
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalvadoriRacing View Post
let's wait for the rules to be published and then figure out if it will be allowed or not to run 3.7v batteries from splited saddle packs.....
Quote:
Quote:
I'm wondering if we could run one cell of the two? I'll split a pack with ya. it's only 20C though. They are $80 at tower and if you use a $10 off over 49.99 it's $70 and if we split one it would be $35 for a 1c pack. or I could run WGT with the other 1 cell hmmm...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRACKSIDE
NASH: Unfortunately you cannot run those. I am sorry.
End of topic?

Anyone know the dimensions for Vegas layouts?


__________________
__________________
"Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
"[Driving] Genius is 1% inspiration, and 99% perspiration" -T.A. Edison
|◤Hobbywing◢|◤SpeedzoneUSA.com◢|◤Pro-One◢|
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:00 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net