R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-15-2009, 11:11 AM   #676
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart View Post
I think we need Masters and junion rubber calsses too. Why not throw in a Powder Puff 17.5 and 13.5 classes as well?

Why not just have one Rubber Touring class and the driver chooses the motor speed he is most comfortable with and rocks it.
I'll run powder puff if Rick runs with me!
Old 06-15-2009, 11:54 AM   #677
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Send a message via AIM to Ron Goetter

Quote:
I think we need Masters and junion rubber calsses too. Why not throw in a Powder Puff 17.5 and 13.5 classes as well?

Why not just have one Rubber Touring class and the driver chooses the motor speed he is most comfortable with and rocks it.
Why should I spend my money to come to a race and run a class I'm not comfortable with?
Ron Goetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 12:02 PM   #678
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Because 'The' Rick Howart believes that everyone should run mod and stop being a bunch of pansies.
ROAR #105242
timmay70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 12:15 PM   #679
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to chicky03

I understand Scotty's idea of having some separate classes to help the beginner guys but what ever happened to working hard and getting to the top by earning it? It seems all Americans want the easy way out, no scoring in little league, no failing in school, add another class so you can have a chance at winning? What is happening here? How come in the past there was stock and mod and we had a ton of entries? Why did it work then, is it because no one knew what they were doing? Did computer games make us lazy? I am baffled by the fact no one wants to run against the best and see how you measure up? If you don't do good then try harder so you can do better next time. This hobby can't be all that hard if I can do it reasonably well but can't even hit or catch a baseball.

Paul
Old 06-15-2009, 12:30 PM   #680
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Goetter View Post
Because I don't like 13.5 rubber on carpet. I'll be running 13.5 foam before I ever run 13.5 rubber.
i guess they havent dropped yet...13.5 isnt much faster than 17.5....the 17.5 is just soft on the bottom...

but hey, what ever gets you thru the day

UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot,nothing is going to get better. It's not. Dr. Seuss
Matt M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 12:35 PM   #681
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicky03 View Post
I understand Scotty's idea of having some separate classes to help the beginner guys but what ever happened to working hard and getting to the top by earning it? It seems all Americans want the easy way out, no scoring in little league, no failing in school, add another class so you can have a chance at winning? What is happening here? How come in the past there was stock and mod and we had a ton of entries? Why did it work then, is it because no one knew what they were doing? Did computer games make us lazy? I am baffled by the fact no one wants to run against the best and see how you measure up? If you don't do good then try harder so you can do better next time. This hobby can't be all that hard if I can do it reasonably well but can't even hit or catch a baseball.

Paul

I'll run mod on one condition, after I win cause I hacked the entire class no one can be mad at me!
Old 06-15-2009, 12:36 PM   #682
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Goetter View Post
Why should I spend my money to come to a race and run a class I'm not comfortable with?
That is the point I was trying to make. There can't be a class for every driver's comfort level. Scotty has determined the classes and everyone has to run the classes that are offered or not race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmay70 View Post
Because 'The' Rick Howart believes that everyone should run mod and stop being a bunch of pansies.
Yes!
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 12:58 PM   #683
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Send a message via AIM to Ron Goetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. losi View Post
i guess they havent dropped yet...13.5 isnt much faster than 17.5....the 17.5 is just soft on the bottom...

but hey, what ever gets you thru the day
http://www.liverc.com/view_result_fi...5_(A_Main).xml

http://www.liverc.com/view_result_fi...5_(A_Main).xml

Yup I see what you mean.
Ron Goetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:10 PM   #684
Administrator

those are foam races right, i thought we were talking about rubber

if a sponsored racer cannot handle the extreme power of a 13.5 motor, they have no business being sponsored....

UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot,nothing is going to get better. It's not. Dr. Seuss
Old 06-15-2009, 01:11 PM   #685
Administrator

now, back to our regularly scheduled thread on the iic...

sorry scotty

Old 06-15-2009, 01:12 PM   #686
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:

Yes!
come on up to seattle for our summer sizzler, I'll run mod with you.

Is Keven still coming?
Old 06-15-2009, 01:22 PM   #687
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I was thinking this could be a fun vacation since we have friends that live up there. Am i reading right though it is going to be nearly $500 for the 4 days?
Old 06-15-2009, 02:14 PM   #688
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
come on up to seattle for our summer sizzler, I'll run mod with you.

Is Keven still coming?
I was going to come up with Keven but looks like the plan changed for some reason. So it will be Keven only.

Back to IIC...
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:24 PM   #689
Tech Master

Hi Everyone,

Entries are continue to build and I have just finished confirming what we have received as of Saturday both in the mail and online.

I still have a fair number of drivers who have entered but we are waiting on them to mail the payment in.

Something we have tried to do with the IIC throughout all the years is listen to all the racers when it comes to what they would enjoy at the IIC. It is feed back as we are reading on here with the choices of class that you guys would like to see at the event, that has helped us make the IIC the best event possible.

When we made our list of classes for this years IIC, we tried to take into account so many details to ensure a very balanced event giving every ability driver options to run, giving each form of on road racing a choice to what they can run. So that everyone, no matter what they run, Rubber,Foam, Sedans or Pan cars could thoroughly enjoy their time at the IIC running the classes they love.

Of course there are many more options of classes to run as we are seeing with the vote for 10.5 Rubber. But again we have tried to balance everything out. So for this years IIC we will be staying with the classes that we currently are offering.

For next years event we will of course revisit the classes that we are offering and look at the trends and popularity to see what we will offer.

I hope everyone can understand our decision and I am sure you will still have the best time possible.

Thanks again for everyone's support.
Scotty
Scotty Ernst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 04:04 PM   #690
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Nobody didn't say you couldn't run your 10.5 in mod rubber. It might even be the best drive out there.
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote