Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2009 "IIC" Las Vegas International Indoor Championships

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 12:43 PM
Tech Master

Hi Guys,

Yes 1425 grams is the correct weight for Rubber tire sedans. I personally feel it is time to update the rules for sedans since everyone is running Lipo. I think it is foolish that we need to add so much weight to the cars just to make weight.

1425 g is the current weight we run as the legal weight for 5 cell and the chassis are still balanced so this will not affect the balance of the cars.

We at the IIC always try and do what we think is the best for you the racer even though it may not fit into the current rules from the sanctioning bodies.

We will see you online tonight.
Scotty
Old 06-07-2009, 01:23 PM
Tech Addict

hey scotty,

i got your PM cheers mate.

i like the idea of the 1425 weight limit, we have been looking at this in the UK, the sooner the better i think, nothing more hideous than a car with larger amounts of lead hanging off the side....

only 3 and a half hours until the entries now, must stay awake haha!

luke
Old 06-07-2009, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Any one need any steel Lipo trays for a Type R?
Old 06-07-2009, 02:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Scotty, we went to 1425grams / 51 oz for all Touring cars in the Florida State Series last year. It works!!!!! Some of the die-hards still run a little heavy, but the majority have all gone to 51oz. I have to add very little weight to battery side to balance our cars (with lipo plate) to make weight and to be balanced.
Old 06-07-2009, 02:12 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Hey Guys,

Been doing some research on the rooms. If you use expedia or any of the other discount hotel places you will more than likely be geting and un-renavated room for the race. If you use the IIC code you will be getting the Signature (Deluxe) room. The very best the hotel has besides a full suite. And its only 39.00 more per night for Mon-Thrus. the weekend rate is the same as Expedia and other sites.

While most wont care what type of room they are in my wife does! So something to think about when you get a deal.

EA
Old 06-07-2009, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

I guess your wife is pickier then mine. Mine does not care what room we have either.
Old 06-07-2009, 02:49 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by Yeti35
I guess your wife is pickier then mine. Mine does not care what room we have either.
She's not really picky but if you had seen the room I got first last year you wouldnt want to stay in it either! LOL

EA
Old 06-07-2009, 03:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Hey Guys,

Been doing some research on the rooms. If you use expedia or any of the other discount hotel places you will more than likely be geting and un-renavated room for the race. If you use the IIC code you will be getting the Signature (Deluxe) room. The very best the hotel has besides a full suite. And its only 39.00 more per night for Mon-Thrus. the weekend rate is the same as Expedia and other sites.

While most wont care what type of room they are in my wife does! So something to think about when you get a deal.

EA
Thanks Eric, great info.
Old 06-07-2009, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Hey Guys,Been doing some research on the rooms.* If you use expedia or any of the other discount hotel places you will more than likely be geting and un-renavated room for the race.* If you use the IIC code you will be getting the Signature (Deluxe) room.* The very best the hotel has besides a full suite.* And its only 39.00 more per night for Mon-Thrus.* the weekend rate is the same as Expedia and other sites.While most wont care what type of room they are in my wife does!* So something to think about when you get a deal.EA
your wife can come stay with me, i am getting the presidential suite. it will take her off you hands, and let you save a few bucks too!
Old 06-07-2009, 03:40 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by al dente
your wife can come stay with me, i am getting the presidential suite. it will take her off you hands, and let you save a few bucks too!
Maybe I need to take you up on that....A week with you and she would be begging to come back! LOL

I dont think you could handle her for a week!

EA
Old 06-07-2009, 04:06 PM
Tech Addict

im struggling to decide how many classes to race lol

also does anybody have a link to the roar approved lipo list?

luke
Old 06-07-2009, 04:25 PM
Tech Master

HI Guys,

Well looks like the chat is starting and everyone is ready to sign up.

As always if you have a problem, don't panic. Boomer,Shane and myself will all be here in case there are any problems.

Good info EA. You are correct our room block is the renovated rooms. I will be getting a call from the hotel tomorrow with the new adjusted rate. I know it wont be as good as the online but it will be better than we currently have.

LUKEHOBBSON: We will have an IIC Approved list of all Motors, Batteries and Bodies that will be legal for the IIC. This list will be out soon.
1 Class is not enough for the size of this race. 2 classes is ok and still gives you down time. 3 classes can be run and you will still have enough time to prepare for each of them no problem.

Got to go. more stuff to work on.

Thanks
Scotty
Old 06-07-2009, 04:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I don't think that is right.
Wrong again...No more Losi steel trays for you...
Old 06-07-2009, 04:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Still Bill
Wrong again...No more Losi steel trays for you...
Nope and I am now going to start running that weight here at home to get used to it. I hope you are on your game this year!!
Old 06-07-2009, 04:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Nope and I am now going to start running that weight here at home to get used to it. I hope you are on your game this year!!
What classes you runnin'?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.