R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-12-2009, 12:08 AM   #316
Tech Master
 
HB Moose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Surf City, USA
Posts: 1,080
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxepower View Post
I ran the 1/12 scale 17.5 last year and had a blast! I'd like to run it again but here in the west coast not many carpet tracks and I haven't seen any 1C batteries. Any suggestions on internet sites or distributors that you would recommend?
Thanks in advance!
Max
OCRC in Huntington Beach will be opening a carpet track in June.
__________________
Bruce "Moose" Riedinger
HB Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 06:14 AM   #317
Tech Elite
 
al dente's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 5280 Raceway. Denver's finest RC facility
Posts: 4,765
Default

thanks scotty.
__________________
Team CRC / Dumper's Speed Shop / Team Scream Racing / Black Art
RC America / FB/FX / Colorado On Road RC Club
5280 Raceway (5280raceway.com) home of the MILE HIGH INDOOR CHAMPS April 19-22, 2018
al dente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 10:47 AM   #318
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: TeamSR
Posts: 180
Default

I am really looking forward to running Lipo this year.
Mike Dumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 10:56 AM   #319
Tech Master
 
smyka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Broad Brook,CT
Posts: 1,182
Send a message via AIM to smyka
Default

wow i dont go to one race and mario has it out for me hahaha well your gonna have to wait a little longer dont think i am making it to vegas this year new job with no vacation time put a dampner on races and with the cost of hotel and plane ride i am still catching up from last year going to all the races and not working hahah


and scotty throw me under the bus when ever its all in fun
__________________
Trinity, Proline ,EA motorsports, T.O.P Racing ,Futaba ,Bsr Racing tires ,Advantage racing products,Hot Bodies racing,Tq Wire ,REDS Racing, Orca ,Protoform racing
smyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 03:08 PM   #320
Tech Adept
 
SpeedMerchant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 209
Default

Hi Guys,

Hope everyone is having a nice day.

Scotty...you just keep setting the bar higher and higher!

The WorldGT website has been updated with the new Lipo info, weights and we have a new body on the list also.

Gary McAllister sent us one of his 599's, and it meets all of the body rules. It will be legal for the IIC.

Dale (Protoform) also has another body in the works for mid-summer.

For anyone on the fence as far as 3.7 Lipo pan cars go. Give it a try you won't be sorry. Better handling cars, less wear & tear and less maintenance equals more fun.

Have a great day.-Bruce
SpeedMerchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 05:17 PM   #321
Tech Elite
 
al dente's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 5280 Raceway. Denver's finest RC facility
Posts: 4,765
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smyka View Post
wow i dont go to one race and mario has it out for me hahaha well your gonna have to wait a little longer dont think i am making it to vegas this year new job with no vacation time put a dampner on races and with the cost of hotel and plane ride i am still catching up from last year going to all the races and not working hahah


and scotty throw me under the bus when ever its all in fun
just because you know i'm commin'..... and i'm brining the wood.
__________________
Team CRC / Dumper's Speed Shop / Team Scream Racing / Black Art
RC America / FB/FX / Colorado On Road RC Club
5280 Raceway (5280raceway.com) home of the MILE HIGH INDOOR CHAMPS April 19-22, 2018
al dente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 05:53 PM   #322
Tech Elite
 
Yeti35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: SL, UT
Posts: 2,804
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by al dente View Post
just because you know i'm commin'..... and i'm bringing the wood.
That is just too much info there Mario. You need to keep that between you and Smyka.
__________________
JRXS Type R, I have four of them!! ;) ( Yes, I still have them!!)And racing one of them again!!
22 3.0SR
22T 2.0 w/ Exotech chassis
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 07:24 PM   #323
Tech Elite
 
nashrcracer's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: LA - Lower Antioch
Posts: 4,911
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxepower View Post
I ran the 1/12 scale 17.5 last year and had a blast! I'd like to run it again but here in the west coast not many carpet tracks and I haven't seen any 1C batteries. Any suggestions on internet sites or distributors that you would recommend?
Thanks in advance!
Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricF View Post
SMC

see the problem with that is Danny (smc) is the only one with a hardcase 1C readily available. and he has yet to come out with his saddle pack 1C so I can't run my CRC Xforce as I'm not going to hang the 1C pack off one side and HOPE I get it balanced out right. plus that makes all the team drivers have to buy a pack for 1 race that may not be sponsored by SMC. yes the other battery companies need to get off their butt and get a pack out but them it's a small market for 12th scale compared to TC and I have heard the numbers that Danny has spent to get the batteries made and trust me he's probably not making money on them yet.

I am really curious to see how this is handled as it sort of determines if I will try to go. trust me it's been a great race the last 4 year. and I have had a lot of great battles on the track for 1st 2nd and last! but to make all the tplate cars questionable to handling with even the mental aspect of it, trust me I know mental, would do a disservice to all the cars with tplates. CEFX Xray my lone CRC Xforce, Hotbodies let alone all the drivers that may not have the latest associated R5 and have a L4 that they want to run to pick up a second or third class.

waiting with my britches on.
__________________
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:46 PM   #324
Tech Fanatic
 
tpczx6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Fremont CA
Posts: 846
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedMerchant View Post
Hi Guys,

Hope everyone is having a nice day.

Scotty...you just keep setting the bar higher and higher!

The WorldGT website has been updated with the new Lipo info, weights and we have a new body on the list also.

Gary McAllister sent us one of his 599's, and it meets all of the body rules. It will be legal for the IIC.

Dale (Protoform) also has another body in the works for mid-summer.

For anyone on the fence as far as 3.7 Lipo pan cars go. Give it a try you won't be sorry. Better handling cars, less wear & tear and less maintenance equals more fun.

Have a great day.-Bruce
Anyone have a link to this worldGT website????
__________________
RcAmerica--Xray---Hudy----KO PROPO USA---ORCA---GRAVITY RC
Motiv------Apexrc----- AVID
SWEEP Racing USA
Mike's Hobbyshop in Dallas (RIP)
Nor-Cal Hobbies [The Race Place]

Last edited by tpczx6; 05-12-2009 at 08:47 PM. Reason: word space
tpczx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:50 PM   #325
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 285
Default

http://www.worldgtrc.com/
jrrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:50 PM   #326
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: whitehouse texas
Posts: 429
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

http://www.worldgtrc.com/
__________________
4TH Annual Fall Cla$$ic: Mike's Hobby Shop November 12-14, 2010 www.easttexasrc.com www.mikeshobbyshop.com 17.5 Rubber Sedan, 13.5 Rubber Sedan, 17.5 1/12TH, 13.5 1/12TH, WORLD GT, stock sedan and SLASH
EXPRESS MOTORSPORTS : SCHUMACHER MI3 : ASSOCIATED 12R5 : ASSOCIATED 10R5 : TAMIYA TT 01 : LOSI XXXT-CR : LOSI BK : TRAXXAS SLASH : LOSI SLIDER : CUSTOM WORKS OUTLAW
steve crane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:55 PM   #327
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 285
Default

Both 7:50, it's a tie.
jrrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:58 PM   #328
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: whitehouse texas
Posts: 429
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashrcracer View Post
see the problem with that is Danny (smc) is the only one with a hardcase 1C readily available. and he has yet to come out with his saddle pack 1C so I can't run my CRC Xforce as I'm not going to hang the 1C pack off one side and HOPE I get it balanced out right. plus that makes all the team drivers have to buy a pack for 1 race that may not be sponsored by SMC. yes the other battery companies need to get off their butt and get a pack out but them it's a small market for 12th scale compared to TC and I have heard the numbers that Danny has spent to get the batteries made and trust me he's probably not making money on them yet.

I am really curious to see how this is handled as it sort of determines if I will try to go. trust me it's been a great race the last 4 year. and I have had a lot of great battles on the track for 1st 2nd and last! but to make all the tplate cars questionable to handling with even the mental aspect of it, trust me I know mental, would do a disservice to all the cars with tplates. CEFX Xray my lone CRC Xforce, Hotbodies let alone all the drivers that may not have the latest associated R5 and have a L4 that they want to run to pick up a second or third class.

waiting with my britches on.

From ROAR announcement post by Rubin;

BTW ...... there are no capacity limits in ROAR battery approvals. The case size is the limitter and they have been constructed to the ROAR rules for a 1s lipo battery case. The 40c 5000mah packs you are hearing of are already here and approved. Thunderpower and Fantom have approved 40c 5000mah packs approved on the ROAR list, SMC has one in the works that will be out soon and the rumour is that Reedy will be creating one as well.
__________________
Ruben Benitez
ROAR Competition Director
www.ROARRacing.com

This would mean Fantom and ThunderPower must have given info to the exsistance and being readily available to the public to be already approved by ROAR. The new SMC packs ar due to be in shops in June according to Danny.....but still no saddle pack.
__________________
4TH Annual Fall Cla$$ic: Mike's Hobby Shop November 12-14, 2010 www.easttexasrc.com www.mikeshobbyshop.com 17.5 Rubber Sedan, 13.5 Rubber Sedan, 17.5 1/12TH, 13.5 1/12TH, WORLD GT, stock sedan and SLASH
EXPRESS MOTORSPORTS : SCHUMACHER MI3 : ASSOCIATED 12R5 : ASSOCIATED 10R5 : TAMIYA TT 01 : LOSI XXXT-CR : LOSI BK : TRAXXAS SLASH : LOSI SLIDER : CUSTOM WORKS OUTLAW
steve crane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:15 PM   #329
Tech Master
 
maxepower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Aliso Viejo, Calif.
Posts: 1,633
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Cool Running 1/12 scale?

So, if I want to run 1/12 scale class, I will have to invest in 1C Lipo packs and a voltage booster or run a receiver pack! The only thing with a receiver pack, aren't they usually soft cells and if so then why are these allowed but the Lipo packs to run have to be hard case? Correct me if I'm wrong! Right now there is only one game in town for 1C batteries and that's SMC! Right?
maxepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:48 PM   #330
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 734
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

1C lipo 12th should be taking off. Here in New England we have 2 heats every Tuesday night racing. The light weight of these cars produce virtually no tire wear. I have checked my ride height through 6 packs tonight without having to change it. Surprisingly the cars are not as slow as you'd think dropping battery voltage would. If anything the way things evolve in this hobby we should be running similar times if not faster than last year's 17.5 4 cell.

For those saying they'd have to buy one for this one race, trust me you will not regret it. This year without the brushless handout cost, you will have some extra coin to buy the battery/booster/etc.

Excited to attend again this year. Thank you Scotty for superstock 12th as well. Can't wait to see you in September.
JoelV is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:22 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net