Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2009 "IIC" Las Vegas International Indoor Championships

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 11:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by maxepower
I ran the 1/12 scale 17.5 last year and had a blast! I'd like to run it again but here in the west coast not many carpet tracks and I haven't seen any 1C batteries. Any suggestions on internet sites or distributors that you would recommend?
Thanks in advance!
Max
OCRC in Huntington Beach will be opening a carpet track in June.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:14 AM
Tech Elite

thanks scotty.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:47 AM
Tech Adept

I am really looking forward to running Lipo this year.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:56 AM
Tech Master

wow i dont go to one race and mario has it out for me hahaha well your gonna have to wait a little longer dont think i am making it to vegas this year new job with no vacation time put a dampner on races and with the cost of hotel and plane ride i am still catching up from last year going to all the races and not working hahah

and scotty throw me under the bus when ever its all in fun
Old 05-12-2009, 02:08 PM
Tech Adept

Hi Guys,

Hope everyone is having a nice day.

Scotty...you just keep setting the bar higher and higher!

The WorldGT website has been updated with the new Lipo info, weights and we have a new body on the list also.

Gary McAllister sent us one of his 599's, and it meets all of the body rules. It will be legal for the IIC.

Dale (Protoform) also has another body in the works for mid-summer.

For anyone on the fence as far as 3.7 Lipo pan cars go. Give it a try you won't be sorry. Better handling cars, less wear & tear and less maintenance equals more fun.

Have a great day.-Bruce
Old 05-12-2009, 04:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by smyka
wow i dont go to one race and mario has it out for me hahaha well your gonna have to wait a little longer dont think i am making it to vegas this year new job with no vacation time put a dampner on races and with the cost of hotel and plane ride i am still catching up from last year going to all the races and not working hahah

and scotty throw me under the bus when ever its all in fun
just because you know i'm commin'..... and i'm brining the wood.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by al dente
just because you know i'm commin'..... and i'm bringing the wood.
That is just too much info there Mario. You need to keep that between you and Smyka.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maxepower
I ran the 1/12 scale 17.5 last year and had a blast! I'd like to run it again but here in the west coast not many carpet tracks and I haven't seen any 1C batteries. Any suggestions on internet sites or distributors that you would recommend?
Thanks in advance!
Max
Originally Posted by EricF
SMC

see the problem with that is Danny (smc) is the only one with a hardcase 1C readily available. and he has yet to come out with his saddle pack 1C so I can't run my CRC Xforce as I'm not going to hang the 1C pack off one side and HOPE I get it balanced out right. plus that makes all the team drivers have to buy a pack for 1 race that may not be sponsored by SMC. yes the other battery companies need to get off their butt and get a pack out but them it's a small market for 12th scale compared to TC and I have heard the numbers that Danny has spent to get the batteries made and trust me he's probably not making money on them yet.

I am really curious to see how this is handled as it sort of determines if I will try to go. trust me it's been a great race the last 4 year. and I have had a lot of great battles on the track for 1st 2nd and last! but to make all the tplate cars questionable to handling with even the mental aspect of it, trust me I know mental, would do a disservice to all the cars with tplates. CEFX Xray my lone CRC Xforce, Hotbodies let alone all the drivers that may not have the latest associated R5 and have a L4 that they want to run to pick up a second or third class.

waiting with my britches on.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SpeedMerchant
Hi Guys,

Hope everyone is having a nice day.

Scotty...you just keep setting the bar higher and higher!

The WorldGT website has been updated with the new Lipo info, weights and we have a new body on the list also.

Gary McAllister sent us one of his 599's, and it meets all of the body rules. It will be legal for the IIC.

Dale (Protoform) also has another body in the works for mid-summer.

For anyone on the fence as far as 3.7 Lipo pan cars go. Give it a try you won't be sorry. Better handling cars, less wear & tear and less maintenance equals more fun.

Have a great day.-Bruce
Anyone have a link to this worldGT website????

Last edited by tpczx6; 05-12-2009 at 07:47 PM. Reason: word space
Old 05-12-2009, 08:50 PM
Tech Regular

http://www.worldgtrc.com/
Old 05-12-2009, 08:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

http://www.worldgtrc.com/
Old 05-12-2009, 08:55 PM
Tech Regular

Both 7:50, it's a tie.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
see the problem with that is Danny (smc) is the only one with a hardcase 1C readily available. and he has yet to come out with his saddle pack 1C so I can't run my CRC Xforce as I'm not going to hang the 1C pack off one side and HOPE I get it balanced out right. plus that makes all the team drivers have to buy a pack for 1 race that may not be sponsored by SMC. yes the other battery companies need to get off their butt and get a pack out but them it's a small market for 12th scale compared to TC and I have heard the numbers that Danny has spent to get the batteries made and trust me he's probably not making money on them yet.

I am really curious to see how this is handled as it sort of determines if I will try to go. trust me it's been a great race the last 4 year. and I have had a lot of great battles on the track for 1st 2nd and last! but to make all the tplate cars questionable to handling with even the mental aspect of it, trust me I know mental, would do a disservice to all the cars with tplates. CEFX Xray my lone CRC Xforce, Hotbodies let alone all the drivers that may not have the latest associated R5 and have a L4 that they want to run to pick up a second or third class.

waiting with my britches on.

From ROAR announcement post by Rubin;

BTW ...... there are no capacity limits in ROAR battery approvals. The case size is the limitter and they have been constructed to the ROAR rules for a 1s lipo battery case. The 40c 5000mah packs you are hearing of are already here and approved. Thunderpower and Fantom have approved 40c 5000mah packs approved on the ROAR list, SMC has one in the works that will be out soon and the rumour is that Reedy will be creating one as well.

This would mean Fantom and ThunderPower must have given info to the exsistance and being readily available to the public to be already approved by ROAR. The new SMC packs ar due to be in shops in June according to Danny.....but still no saddle pack.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Cool Running 1/12 scale?

So, if I want to run 1/12 scale class, I will have to invest in 1C Lipo packs and a voltage booster or run a receiver pack! The only thing with a receiver pack, aren't they usually soft cells and if so then why are these allowed but the Lipo packs to run have to be hard case? Correct me if I'm wrong! Right now there is only one game in town for 1C batteries and that's SMC! Right?
Old 05-12-2009, 10:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

1C lipo 12th should be taking off. Here in New England we have 2 heats every Tuesday night racing. The light weight of these cars produce virtually no tire wear. I have checked my ride height through 6 packs tonight without having to change it. Surprisingly the cars are not as slow as you'd think dropping battery voltage would. If anything the way things evolve in this hobby we should be running similar times if not faster than last year's 17.5 4 cell.

For those saying they'd have to buy one for this one race, trust me you will not regret it. This year without the brushless handout cost, you will have some extra coin to buy the battery/booster/etc.

Excited to attend again this year. Thank you Scotty for superstock 12th as well. Can't wait to see you in September.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.