R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-10-2009, 08:08 PM   #286
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Ok my friends, As promised all the info is up. I know I actually did it on time.

I am very excited for this years event and the classes we will have will ensure the best IIC ever.

As always if you have any questions, please let us know and we will be happy to answer them.

Let the count down begin and.

Let the good times ROLL!

See you at the IIC
Scotty
Scotty Ernst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 08:16 PM   #287
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

at the end when they showed the group of 12th scale a main drivers after that all i could think of was, jeez what are they zooming in on? good video scotty.
not home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 08:42 PM   #288
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

interesting reading at http://iic09.com. I'm happy to see WGT isn't listed as a sedan class this year. What is expert wgt? Why were the classes split up? Over the past year WGT has had a fair amount of issue getting racer turnout with even one class.
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 09:12 PM   #289
Tech Master

hanulec: I was involved in the planning stages of the WGT class last year. It was originated and conceived to offer racers who were tired of the complexity of touring cars a simple but extremely fun alternative to those cars. At first that is exactly what it was, but over the past year it has become the new Pro Class and with all the major chassis manufactures making WGT Cars I could envision this years IIC WGT class to be a A final full of Full Factory Team Drivers. So to get the WGT Class back to the class for the regular racer, I decided to make the Expert class. The Expert Class is for drivers with Chassis sponsorship.

I hope you will be able to join us this year.

Scotty
Old 05-10-2009, 09:15 PM   #290
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to smoke81 Send a message via Yahoo to smoke81

Any idea's on what the 17.5 handout motor will be? I assume Jaco Blues are the handout tire as well?
Old 05-10-2009, 09:33 PM   #291
Tech Regular

Great idea. Would love to see this idea applied to 1/12th scale 17.5/13.5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRACKSIDE View Post
So to get the WGT Class back to the class for the regular racer, I decided to make the Expert class. The Expert Class is for drivers with Chassis sponsorship.

I hope you will be able to join us this year.

Scotty
jrrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 09:35 PM   #292
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Scotty..... I got shivers. Big Brother monitoring practice for seeding heats has been something I have suggested for years. I am glad to see that someone has the nuggets to make it so. I expect it will be nothing less then spectacular. I know that Slapmaster Crew will be hard at work from now to Sept.

Brian
Team Orca orcharc.com
Slapmaster6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 10:03 PM   #293
Tech Master

SMOKE81: Yes the Amateur class will be brought to you by Speed Passion.

JRRC: Thank you, but I think you will see with changing to 1 cell for the pan classes you will not see many fully sponsored racers in the 17.5 classes.

SLAPMASTER: Thanks for the props. I think this will make for the best qualifying possible. My concern is not for the sponsored guys or extremely experienced drivers but more for the average racer that has to worry about getting out of the fast guys way all the time and then he cannot concentrate on doing the best he can. With this format, I hope to change that by really balancing out the heats.

thanks
Scotty
Old 05-10-2009, 10:08 PM   #294
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRACKSIDE View Post
So to get the WGT Class back to the class for the regular racer, I decided to make the Expert class. The Expert Class is for drivers with Chassis sponsorship. Scotty
So Scotty what do you consider to be a Chassis Sponsorhip IE: 100% or 50% type of Driver Just want to get things clear before singups.

See you in two weeks at Reedy
Mike's Hobbyshop in Dallas (RIP)
Nor-Cal Hobbies [The Race Place]
tpczx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 10:15 PM   #295
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Can't wait for this race. The qualifier seeding and lucky dog are great ideas and hope it catches on for other national events.
5280 Raceway
MILE HIGH INDOOR CHAMPS April 19-22nd 2018 @ www.milehighindoorchamps.com
bkspeedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 10:16 PM   #296
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpczx6 View Post
So Scotty what do you consider to be a Chassis Sponsorhip IE: 100% or 50% type of Driver Just want to get things clear before singups.

See you in two weeks at Reedy

ARE THEY HAVING A SENORS DIVISION FOR GUYS LIKE TPCZX6 ??
4TH Annual Fall Cla$$ic: Mike's Hobby Shop November 12-14, 2010 www.easttexasrc.com www.mikeshobbyshop.com 17.5 Rubber Sedan, 13.5 Rubber Sedan, 17.5 1/12TH, 13.5 1/12TH, WORLD GT, stock sedan and SLASH
EXPRESS MOTORSPORTS : SCHUMACHER MI3 : ASSOCIATED 12R5 : ASSOCIATED 10R5 : TAMIYA TT 01 : LOSI XXXT-CR : LOSI BK : TRAXXAS SLASH : LOSI SLIDER : CUSTOM WORKS OUTLAW
steve crane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:15 PM   #297
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Scotty awesome choice of classes. We have been running single cell 17.5 12th for awhile and its so much fun
Old 05-10-2009, 11:16 PM   #298
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is there a definition on amateur somewhere?
When someone is intent on excelling in an otherwise laudable manner, does he not desire to inflict pain on others by means of his exalted status and enjoy the envy he arouses? Is there not an anticipated delight in an artist's ability to defeat his artistic rivals, which heightens his euphoria in creation?
-Nietzsche
adamge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:37 PM   #299
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I am looking forward to my 5th year at this great event and I think the new classes are an awesome addition. Scotty and Crew just seem to out do themselves every year. The handout motors were awesome last year, but I think it is cool he kept that idea for at least the amateur class this year to help those guys out a little. I also like the idea of including one set of handout tires with entry in rubber.

If anyone reading this thread has not ever attended this race, but has always thought about it, don't think anymore. Just do it and you will not be disappointed at all!!
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:48 PM   #300
Tech Master

ADAMGE:
AMATEUR-

This class is designed for the casual racer, regular guy who just loves this hobby, not professional, not semi pro, not 50% deal with whomever. Our goal is simple for this division. A fun class where everyone understands what it is designed for, The spirit of racing. So if you have a "sponsorship" of any kind from any industry company, or you have been sponsored in the past, we invite you to run 13.5, the Amateur class is not for you. If you do receive assistance, you obviously felt you were good enough of a racer to seek or inquire or accept an offer of support. If so congratulations for your accomplishments and we invite you to run some of the other classes we have to offer.

Sure are there going to be rumors of guys that are supported by somebody or getting special help, and I will check into these. I will be getting a list from all manufactures and teams who have any form of racer support and check this against the entry list for the class.

So my hope is that everyone that enters this class will do it in the spirit of it and it should make for one of the best classes at the IIC.

-Scotty