Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
New Yokomo TC, the BD-5 >

New Yokomo TC, the BD-5

New Yokomo TC, the BD-5

Old 03-03-2011, 11:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

where can order sway bars in the usa for the bd5???
Old 03-03-2011, 11:42 PM
RAL
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dex410usa
where can order sway bars in the usa for the bd5???
http://www.driftspeed.com/index.php?...f83d7fe87d9488
Old 03-04-2011, 07:23 AM
Tech Adept

Thank you but why so much for shipping?
Old 03-04-2011, 07:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dex410usa
Thank you but why so much for shipping?
If you get in touch with them they can usually set you up with priority mail shipping which reduces the price drastically.

They are some of the nicest and most accommodating people you will ever deal with in this hobby.

Mike Slaughter
Old 03-04-2011, 07:47 AM
Tech Adept

Great will call them today. Thank you

Originally Posted by masterhit
If you get in touch with them they can usually set you up with priority mail shipping which reduces the price drastically.

They are some of the nicest and most accommodating people you will ever deal with in this hobby.

Mike Slaughter
Old 03-04-2011, 10:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by masterhit

Mike Slaughter

+1 on that. Just wish I could get all my RC stuff through them.

Bill D.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:31 AM
Tech Adept

Hi guys,

I wonder about the use of this part: suspension arm mount spacer ref [YOK-BD-301S]
http://www.teamyokomo.com/jpn/partsl...s_bd_301s.html ?

is it to rise the roll center?

Is it useful or not please?

Kschu, I'm waiting for my Asso greenslim for my Yor gear diff, can I use it too between the two parts of the gear diff case,because my rear gear diff leaks a little bit from this way?

I would like to change the gear diff O ring two, can I buy it alone and not all the maintenance kit?

thanks a lot,

Nico'
Old 03-04-2011, 10:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nico'
Hi guys,

I wonder about the use of this part: suspension arm mount spacer ref [YOK-BD-301S]

Is it useful or not please?

Kschu, I'm waiting for my Asso greenslim for my Yor gear diff, can I use it too between the two parts of the gear diff case,because my rear gear diff leaks a little bit from this way?

I would like to change the gear diff O ring two, can I buy it alone and not all the maintenance kit?

thanks a lot,

Nico'

my geardiff no more leaking after using the greenslime in the o-ring...but it;s only last for 1 race...and u need to service it again...

and also after i switch to Yokomo geardiff super flex oil, my diff work even more smoother...
Old 03-04-2011, 10:19 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks Kschu,

I dont' find where to buy the Yokomo geardiff super flex oil, can you give a link please?

Nico'
Old 03-05-2011, 03:38 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Nico'
Hi guys,

Is it useful or not ?

thanks a lot,

Nico'
Yup it's put under the suspension mount to increase the rollcenters. It's easier then fiddling with 0.5mm or 1.0mm shims.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

A few posts back I was complaining that my TC was feeling "floaty" on the track (carpet). Well, I've been working with my BD5WR for a month now. I was looking to get a more "direct" feel out of the car and was struggling a bit. I've finally got the car to stay flatter in the corners without losing grip and it now feels more planted overall. Here's what I've done unlike other posted setups... if anyone's interested:
- Associated 1.25 sway bars front and rear
- raised front and rear roll center .5mm (under blocks)
- lengthened wheel base in the rear 1mm
- Associated 35wt (cst425?) front and rear
- reduced front droop to 6.6
- reduced rear droop to 5.4
It doesn't look like much but, these few changes transformed the car for me and made handling far more precise, the rest of the setup is basically box stock. Hopefully this will be helpful and time saving to others.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:58 AM
Tech Adept

Pcar51, thanks. What tyres do you use ?.

We run outdoor, the tracks here are low grip, in the morning the car are excelent, normally faster, but when the grip go up and temperature, the others drivers improve the performance of his cars, and my car and other Yoko not improved, normally with this good first heads, classified for A-main, but in finals i donīt know what i need to change for maintain the good performance of the car, i only have a car 2 months but i drive more years with other brands.

Greetings, Luis C.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by luic

We run outdoor, the tracks here are low grip, in the morning the car are excelent, normally faster, but when the grip go up and temperature, the others drivers improve the performance of his cars, and my car and other Yoko not improved, normally with this good first heads, classified for A-main, but in finals i donīt know what i need to change for maintain the good performance of the car, i only have a car 2 months but i drive more years with other brands.

Greetings, Luis C.
We run Jaco blues as the spec tire for our indoor series.

Low roll centers and lots of droop are OK for my BD5 when the grip is low. But as you said, when grip comes up the car gets lazy and loses corner speed unless you make some changes. The biggest difference for me was higher roll center and less droop. Might be worth a try in the afternoons at your track.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by luic

Greetings, Luis C.
Is your track prepped with anything? What tires are you using? Can you post your setup?
Old 03-06-2011, 01:20 PM
Tech Adept

No, the track is not prepared, for this year the tyres are Jaco Blue control tyre, my setup is in attachment, i convert to low resolution Jpeg image for upload.
For this setup, now i go with Hpi silver all rounds and 0% rebound, and 3š toe-in in rear.

Greetings, Luis C.
Attached Thumbnails New Yokomo TC, the BD-5-test1bd5w.jpg  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.