Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
New Yokomo TC, the BD-5 >

New Yokomo TC, the BD-5

New Yokomo TC, the BD-5

Old 07-21-2010, 04:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teamrich
how hard is it to get Yokomo parts here in the west coast? Everything has to be done online?
driftspeed.com is the only one I know that support Yokomo Best in the west coast but for those real hop ups for racing you have to go with

http://kkeprc.com/kshobby/index.php?route=common/home
Old 07-21-2010, 06:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hotdognobun
driftspeed.com is the only one I know that support Yokomo Best in the west coast but for those real hop ups for racing you have to go with

http://kkeprc.com/kshobby/index.php?route=common/home
thanks dude...

Top photon geardiff available too which can fit into BD5...
Old 07-21-2010, 06:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by altreyx
i have both, R9R i tryed t once just for a test, LTCR is very nice but i found is giving more rear grip, and a better steering response than a Mazda6Speed
My/our problem with the BD5W has been (and i think setup was far to be perfect) on fast corners especially on a corner pretty long and fast was impossible give gas in the middle, just with a small amount of gas our cars was going out with a terrible understeer. But in the morning with less grip and low temperatures was pretty ok.
Anyway i'll try to work on the setup, feeling is to have a car really stable with a lot of rear grip so trying to have a rear a little bit more "slippery" can help.

Thank you all for your suggestions
what i hv been tried during the TITC 2010, i was using harder spring when the grip level is up...like front hpi gold and rear hpi pink...they work pretty good.. But i was using Ride Tyres so i'm not sure if it's applicable to others tyres as well...
Old 07-23-2010, 09:05 AM
Tech Adept

Tomorrow i'll try differents solutions for to have differents feeling. We'll go back the first week end of August on that track where we had problems... will see if we have a better idea on what to do.
Thanks at Kschu and all the other guys for your tips, i'll try (..and for sure i'll find a solution)
Old 07-25-2010, 05:55 AM
Tech Elite

Default F@#KING OUCH

It things like this that make get very p!$$ed off with other drivers that don't call out that their car is stop on the end of the straightOver $200 worth of damage
Attached Thumbnails New Yokomo TC, the BD-5-sn850380-small-.jpg  
Old 07-25-2010, 06:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

^ i like the weights......

200$? lots of money
Old 07-25-2010, 09:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by fastolfart
It things like this that make get very p!$$ed off with other drivers that don't call out that their car is stop on the end of the straightOver $200 worth of damage
I shoo goo all my suspention mounts, servo, and even all my electronics except battery. I had that happen before I added shoo goo now in some crashes everything stayed intact. trust me nothing is worst when your battery explodes while in the car! That will alone damage your entire car and electronic so $200 is minimum. Sorry your car got damaged though
Old 07-25-2010, 09:33 AM
Tech Regular

Default Shoogoo

Ive tried shoogoo and it melted my Reciever and heat shrink around the Esc cap. So doesnt work on every thing.But is sure does stick.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:52 PM
Tech Elite

I shoo goo all my suspention mounts, servo, and even all my electronics except battery. I had that happen before I added shoo goo now in some crashes everything stayed intact. trust me nothing is worst when your battery explodes while in the car! That will alone damage your entire car and electronic so $200 is minimum. Sorry your car got damaged though
u shoe goo your suspension mount???
Old 07-26-2010, 02:40 AM
Tech Elite

HAHAHA this is not a case of a battery exploding, I was actually happy that it escaped the wreck with almost no damage.
Have a close look and you will see what happens when you hit a stopped car at around 70 KPH. The servo didnt move, nor any other electronics, but everything in front of that was almost totalled including a bulkhead.
Attached Thumbnails New Yokomo TC, the BD-5-sn850379-small-.jpg  
Old 07-26-2010, 03:55 AM
ark
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

looks like more than $200 damage... ouch
Old 07-26-2010, 07:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by kschu
u shoe goo your suspension mount???
Yes but just a dab of it. I don't really like using threadlock cause of how it can ock ur screws which could lead to stripping of the head so a dab of shoo goo aids the vibration and keeps it intact during heavy crash if the screws get loose. Just for those who are thinking of trying this Heads up it might eat some of the paint off the mount. Some of my friends told me it did it on their Tamiyas but mine Yoke seems ok
Old 07-26-2010, 09:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Yes but just a dab of it. I don't really like using threadlock cause of how it can ock ur screws which could lead to stripping of the head so a dab of shoo goo aids the vibration and keeps it intact during heavy crash if the screws get loose. Just for those who are thinking of trying this Heads up it might eat some of the paint off the mount. Some of my friends told me it did it on their Tamiyas but mine Yoke seems ok
So your saying Shoe Goo eats anodizing? Interesting I'm gonna have to look into that.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Owen RaCing
So your saying Shoe Goo eats anodizing? Interesting I'm gonna have to look into that.
I was told that the anodized was discoloring on tamiyas but I have yet to look at my bd5. Forgot to mention tamiya runners were using shoe goo black not shoe goo white. Maybe black has a stronger formula than clear. I'll ask them this weekend........I forgot to tell you that on my reciever I put a carbon sticker all around it and then shoe gooed it so it is not contacting with the plastic which I know will either melt it or turn it white. My speed passion plastic seems to be holding up strong.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fastolfart
HAHAHA this is not a case of a battery exploding, I was actually happy that it escaped the wreck with almost no damage.
Have a close look and you will see what happens when you hit a stopped car at around 70 KPH. The servo didnt move, nor any other electronics, but everything in front of that was almost totalled including a bulkhead.
Ouch, where was that at?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.