Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
New Yokomo TC, the BD-5 >

New Yokomo TC, the BD-5

New Yokomo TC, the BD-5

Old 09-16-2009, 11:57 AM
Tech Master

the new topdeck is 2.5mm so quite hard

in combination with the kit chassi the whole car get's quite stiff
the new topdeck is more meant to be used with the P chassi as thatone features a softer carbon fibre which in combination with the new topdeck gives very good flex
Old 09-16-2009, 04:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So, do you think the new topdeck and standard chassis will be good for rubber/carpet racing? Did you post up a carpet setup before Martin? I can't remember. I'm getting ready for the carpet season next month, so I'm looking at starting setups to point me in the right direction.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JimmyMac
So, do you think the new topdeck and standard chassis will be good for rubber/carpet racing? Did you post up a carpet setup before Martin? I can't remember. I'm getting ready for the carpet season next month, so I'm looking at starting setups to point me in the right direction.
i think it'll be good for carpet racing as it's make the car stiffer...i saw martin is using this combination in his latest build carpet car.......
Old 09-16-2009, 06:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

hi elwyn! got the package! thanks again as always for the great service!

by the way, you've got mail. have a question there for you.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Martin: given IFMAR has already sanctioned LiPo for next year's on road worlds, have you started testing already with the new lipo chassis/upper deck combos with rubber asphalt? im would assume other teams are doing the same, for example i've read that the tamiya 416X is already being designed with LiPo in mind. other teams such as xray are due for a new car since the release one every year like clock work so i would also think they would have LiPo in mind when working our new designs.

currently i am still using the standard chassis and upper deck with lipo packs and the car is great. but i would like to think that a purpose built chassis and upper deck for LiPo would provide even better performance. would be great to hear how your own testing is going .... thanks.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ROBORAT
Martin: given IFMAR has already sanctioned LiPo for next year's on road worlds, have you started testing already with the new lipo chassis/upper deck combos with rubber asphalt? im would assume other teams are doing the same, for example i've read that the tamiya 416X is already being designed with LiPo in mind. other teams such as xray are due for a new car since the release one every year like clock work so i would also think they would have LiPo in mind when working our new designs.

currently i am still using the standard chassis and upper deck with lipo packs and the car is great. but i would like to think that a purpose built chassis and upper deck for LiPo would provide even better performance. would be great to hear how your own testing is going .... thanks.
I think Martin said that the new chassis is for stick packs, not lipos. Use the standard chassis for lipos. I would have to agree. One of the new top decks comes with upgraded servo mount and center brace that provides side support for lipo packs. So I would use that. Also, the new stick pack chassis is wider than the standard chassis. I wouldn't say that's a performance upgrade.

I notice how the 416X moves the motor 1mm closer to center. The BD5 already has this. I noticed this when I first got the BD5 and comparing it to my old 416.

I tried 4.0 and lipo a month or two ago.... That's just crazy! Make sure you turn your throttle expo to like -50% or -70%. The torque is just insane!
Old 09-16-2009, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

anyone try the 8mm ankerman plate yet???
Old 09-16-2009, 08:55 PM
Tech Elite

Hopefully next weekend I'll be trying it. But then again, my whole car will be different next weekend.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

Hopefully next weekend I'll be trying it. But then again, my whole car will be different next weekend.
changing everything to new options?

new toe block, upperdeck ?
Old 09-16-2009, 11:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kschu
changing everything to new options?

new toe block, upperdeck ?
Hehe, something like that. What I really need to do is one option at a time to see if I note any noticable changes. But the first thing I will surely do is the 3.5mm bulkhead caps. My TA05 is soo much more nicer to drive with shorter camberlinks on our track. I am very happy Yokomo came out with this option! Especially when I go indoors to race.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:22 PM
Tech Elite

Hehe, something like that. What I really need to do is one option at a time to see if I note any noticable changes. But the first thing I will surely do is the 3.5mm bulkhead caps. My TA05 is soo much more nicer to drive with shorter camberlinks on our track. I am very happy Yokomo came out with this option! Especially when I go indoors to race.
u will change front and rear???
Old 09-16-2009, 11:33 PM
Tech Elite

u will change front and rear???
On my TA05, Im running middle hole on the inner camber link setting. This is about a 4mm shorter link than long setting. But I'm only running this up front. So first, I will only try the 3.5mm caps up front. Then go from there.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:41 PM
Tech Elite

On my TA05, Im running middle hole on the inner camber link setting. This is about a 4mm shorter link than long setting. But I'm only running this up front. So first, I will only try the 3.5mm caps up front. Then go from there.
if running short camberlink for front, will increase steering right ? cos less angle change ?
Old 09-16-2009, 11:53 PM
Tech Elite

if running short camberlink for front, will increase steering right ? cos less angle change ?
I think it let's the front react quicker, and depending on roll center, maybe more camber change. I also ran this setup when I had a 009. It helped a lot in the corners on our track. It was the one thing I hated about the BD5, not having adjustable camber length.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:28 AM
Tech Elite

I think it let's the front react quicker, and depending on roll center, maybe more camber change. I also ran this setup when I had a 009. It helped a lot in the corners on our track. It was the one thing I hated about the BD5, not having adjustable camber length.
oo...but i think this new option make will u love d car more .....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.