Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
New Yokomo TC, the BD-5 >

New Yokomo TC, the BD-5

New Yokomo TC, the BD-5

Old 03-20-2009, 03:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
Thats cool, if they found a motor that didnt fit to well. I would rather them tweak the design than to have to dremel my new Kit.
Hope they remember that some people run stock silver cans!

I had to drill the pants out of my MR4TC SD motor cam for a stock silver can to fit.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default ?

What's a silver stock can?

Just kidding couldn't resist.
Old 03-24-2009, 01:24 AM
Tech Rookie

sorry because im not sure how to put the actual page on here, but if you go to the teamyokomo website the official BD5 pics are on there. and its in the product section now also.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:04 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R.Parsons
sorry because im not sure how to put the actual page on here, but if you go to the teamyokomo website the official BD5 pics are on there. and its in the product section now also.
you mean like this....

Old 03-24-2009, 02:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Want.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

It looks like one must take 13 top deck screws to now access the spur. I sure hope I am wrong...but if I am not, I am disappointed and would choose another brand with easier spur access. I do see something that looks like 2 screws on either side of the layshaft. I wonder what the purpose for that is. I would love to see the assembly manual.
Old 03-24-2009, 03:16 AM
Tech Adept

i think that there are only two side scews to access the spur gear....but i'm still disappointed, i can't see big improvement on the car, when i look at new gen cars like TOP photon, xray 2009 etc i can see many little tecnical improvement (blade system , lcd cvd for no chattering ,built in differential cover , etc...) hope that i'm wrong ,but here i can't see anything of that.....

waiting for better pics and drawings.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:17 AM
Tech Master

does any of the things you menioned actually make you faster?

I doubt that

there are many huge improvements
new, brushless-proof diff, new suspension geometry, flex to go with the changing racing conditions

things to improve your laptimes!

as for the spurgear ... you also have to untighten this many screws on a Tamiya i.e....
and spurgear access is not really an argument for wether or not using a car
Old 03-24-2009, 05:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Martin Hofer
... you also have to untighten this many screws on a Tamiya i.e....
and the similarities don't end there...
sorry couldn't help myself...
Old 03-24-2009, 06:05 AM
Tech Adept

Martin i know...maybe a diff cover will not make me faster, but we don't run all in yatabe arena ....on my track there is a lot of dust,....with xray diff you can run 20 packs before open it ....with a open diff you can run 3 packs or less.....

.......i can't really understand why the car hasn't blades on alu diff.....all recent cars have blades .......also team bomber optional diff for BD has a blade system......

i hope that with manual and drawing i'll see something that can change my point of view....
Old 03-24-2009, 06:24 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by capellone24
i think that there are only two side scews to access the spur gear....but i'm still disappointed, i can't see big improvement on the car, when i look at new gen cars like TOP photon, xray 2009 etc i can see many little tecnical improvement (blade system , lcd cvd for no chattering ,built in differential cover , etc...) hope that i'm wrong ,but here i can't see anything of that.....

waiting for better pics and drawings.
does any of the things you menioned actually make you faster?

I doubt that

there are many huge improvements
new, brushless-proof diff, new suspension geometry, flex to go with the changing racing conditions

things to improve your laptimes!

as for the spurgear ... you also have to untighten this many screws on a Tamiya i.e....
I think capellone has to said if BD5 comparing with T2009 or Photon has some disadvantage in case of some details, doesn't mean it has no improvement.
For myself Yokomo cars has always a guarantee about the quality of materials, off course also the design, for me the car biggest disadvantage is not Lipo friendly, which happened always in all japanese chassis.
I hope will release spool for this car and some optional aluminium parts for this car as soon as possible.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Wow, very nice! A few things I like, a few I don't. But nice over all. I'd like to see a top down view to see battery placement. Sucks I won't be getting one now, but perhaps later in the year. Would like to see how they did the spool this time around.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:04 AM
Tech Master

btw if you look closely at the pics you will find that the centershaft can be taken out by removing only 2 screws (see pics of the former prototype used at the lrp tcm to see how it will work)
Old 03-24-2009, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The car looks good and it seems like the car will accomodate HardCase lipo
with out modifications which is a + for me......

How does the servo mount on? It looks like the pics only has one servo holder on the inside...
Old 03-24-2009, 10:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

For me spur gear access IS a valid argument on whether to buy a car or not. You do not know all circumstances regarding a potential customers purchase.

I run 2 classes, expert stock and mod, but will not be buying 2 cars. Because of the vast gearing differences, it will most likely be necessary to change BOTH pinion and spur. Yes, spur removal is a valid argument, as to why I am looking to soon sell my TC5.

I did mention the 2 screws below the layshaft, and it would be my guess they are for layshaft removal, but at this point we can not be certain. The prototype had an insert the layshaft sat in, that would pull up, and in this case, the top deck is in the way. My guess thinking more about it is removal of the 2 screws allows removal of the layshaft only, pulling out from the side. Possibly then the spur and pulley assembly pulling out from the top.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.