Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
New Yokomo TC, the BD-5 >

New Yokomo TC, the BD-5

New Yokomo TC, the BD-5

Old 03-04-2009, 09:34 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ~McSmooth~
Could you provide us some additional insight as to Mr. Tommy Kramer's involvement with this project?

I think he retired....or died....one of the two...THAT was a great car! So sad there were so few released...

Old 03-04-2009, 09:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by STLNLST
I remember when Yokomo was everywhere. "LONG LIVE BRENT WALLACE" Before we went to spec tires the Yok 138G was the tire to have I'm sure once everything is here in the states and in the hobbyshops things will take off. Having another variety of car at the Reedy race will be nice. It wont just be the Japan guys running the car. Congrats Steve and hopefully we'll see you at the Reedy.
Thank you Clint (Clint is probably the tallest R/C racer I know in Northern California...lol) I will be at Reedy this year, but most likely I will be there to support and help with the new car (my reflexes are slowing every minute and I'm really too slow now to be on the track ) But we should have a handful of guys there and potentially a driver from Europe. I'm not sure if any driver is coming from Japan at the moment yet. The month of May is usually very busy for Japan market due to the Shizuoka hobby show. But we'll have to wait and see.

Steve
Old 03-04-2009, 09:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Japan RC Sports Magazine News :
Masami don't race !
Old 03-04-2009, 09:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YokomoAmerica
Thank you Clint (Clint is probably the tallest R/C racer I know in Northern California...lol) I will be at Reedy this year, but most likely I will be there to support and help with the new car (my reflexes are slowing every minute and I'm really too slow now to be on the track ) But we should have a handful of guys there and potentially a driver from Europe. I'm not sure if any driver is coming from Japan at the moment yet. The month of May is usually very busy for Japan market due to the Shizuoka hobby show. But we'll have to wait and see.

Steve
6'8 of pure chocolate...
Old 03-04-2009, 10:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
Masami don't race !
WHAT? Don't race? Did he quit,retire? What's up with that? Give us more detail please..
Old 03-04-2009, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Masami don't race !
I cannot find this news anywhere. Maybe speculation or conjecture?
Old 03-04-2009, 11:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

said retire !
Old 03-04-2009, 11:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

said retire !
So Masami-san retired? Noo...
Old 03-04-2009, 01:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Yes, it is true. Masami will retire this year from racing and concentrating on driver support/training and marketing for Yokomo Japan. This was announced I believe recently at the Reedy off-road Race at Yatabe Arena last weekend. His protege Naoto will be a force to be reckon with (who finished 2nd at the Reedy off-road race this past weekend) and who is also the current 1/12th IFMAR champion. Sad to see Masami stop racing...I remember the first time I saw him race I was just starting out in TC and the worlds that year was at a local track (Revelation Raceway) and watching him practice 1/12th pan car was just phenominal...8+ minutes and less than inches from the boards and never touched them...and then he started driving with his feet, I almost fell on my face

We hope to invite Masami to US in the future where he can hang out at local on and off-road track and provide tutorial for the local racers

Steve Wang
Old 03-04-2009, 02:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YokomoAmerica
I...can..not...believe my eyes...Joey O??? You're still racing?

For those you that do not know Joey, Yokomo driver back in the days of MR-4TCSP, TQ ROAR Nats...2002? 2003?

Steve
Yea I know Joey, he's the one who beat me at the 2000 Reedy Race and started me on a long string of #2 finishes.....

Congrats on the new venture Steve, i'm sure you'll do well. It will be great to see yokomo back on the US racing scene again.

-James
Old 03-04-2009, 07:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

When might this car be available in the States?
Old 03-04-2009, 07:35 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by fpart
June, I didn't know you were a Yok BD fan!! Did you see mine run at Pennsauken last week??

This is Tom Lane btw
oMG!!! No not you again.. lmao, and yes, I am and I haven't taken mine out at that track..
Old 03-04-2009, 07:43 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Congrats on the new venture
Old 03-04-2009, 07:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PW
Congrats on the new venture
OMG......A P-DUB posting. My kids thought you were just one of the people that come with the picture frames from Walmart and not a real person. Wait until I show them this thread How ya been bro???
Old 03-04-2009, 08:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by JamesArluck
Yea I know Joey, he's the one who beat me at the 2000 Reedy Race and started me on a long string of #2 finishes.....

Congrats on the new venture Steve, i'm sure you'll do well. It will be great to see yokomo back on the US racing scene again.

-James
Thanks James. I guess that means you won't see me in GT-1 this year at TCS (not that I was even a threat in the A-Main anyway..., just there to fill up the grid) Good luck if you're taking another shot at it this year

Steve

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.