PM me for price
Old 06-05-2012, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

World Warm up race at Holland, hope team yokomo can have better luck this time
Old 06-08-2012, 11:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Are these cars really worth the price?

So, I'm an offroad guy and I used to love the yoke cars till parts support became completely non-existent in the U.S. I noticed the bd5 and thought it looked really cool. However, I looked around and the prices seem crazy. Also there seem to be already 3 or 4 different versions.

What's a bd5 wx cost new or used and are they worth it? Maybe I'll source one from a friend in Japan or something since I cannot seem to find them here.
Old 06-10-2012, 04:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Cool

Originally Posted by kschu
i got sell new unit of bd5.

Shows they aren't in stock. Any idea when you will get some in?
Old 06-10-2012, 04:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Woulvesbaine
What's a bd5 wx cost new or used and are they worth it? Maybe I'll source one from a friend in Japan or something since I cannot seem to find them here.
The Hong Kong shops where selling them around the us$650. A friend and I bought two kits from a shop in Japan and they were closer to the $700 mark. If you can find them instock out side of japan they will be cheaper.

I have been happy with my BD5wx.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:33 AM
rai
Tech Regular

Hello fellow racers,
Did anybody tried to change the position of the belt tension cam than they were supposed to be? I mean instead of having the longer mark on the top position facing towards the shock tower which was shown in the manual, did anybody ever tried to change the longer mark on the tension cam to the lower position facing the lower chassi? What changes and the feeling to the car does it make?

You guys can also have a look at the set-up sheet at petitrc for yokomo BD5 where the pic of the belt tension cam was illustrated on the setup sheet which means that it has something related to the car's set-up unless I am wrong. Thanks...
Old 06-17-2012, 02:24 PM
Tech Regular

Thinking of selling my Yokomos, email me for information:

[email protected]

No trades. Just entertaining offers, thinking of leaving this aspect of the hobby.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:17 AM
Tech Adept

Default STEERING NEEDED!

hi guys, i just built a new kit (wxi) and took it on the track yesterday. car works like a charm (like the other yoks ive built), but there is no steering like in the other ones.

steering only kicks in really, when at very low speeds. in every other situation power, off power etc. it just pushes real bad.

i use ride 32 tires (preglued, handout tires in club). i have attached the latest setup sheet.

glad if you guys had any pointers.
Attached Thumbnails New Yokomo TC, the BD-5-setup-linz2.jpg  
Old 06-18-2012, 01:38 AM
Tech Adept

in which way did you put the central spur gear and aluminium gears?

turn them in the other way than in the notice, the little mechanical set will be in front and will help to turn.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:55 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Nico'
in which way did you put the central spur gear and aluminium gears?

turn them in the other way than in the notice, the little mechanical set will be in front and will help to turn.
can you specify. i dont quite understand.

the central spur gear i understand. i could turn it arround. but what would that help with steering. on that mount there is one side with a little bit slope and the other is fixed.

whats the "mechanical set"? do you have pictures?
Old 06-18-2012, 02:07 AM
Tech Adept

I mean you turn central spur gear and aluminium gear in the way to have front aluminium gear with rear belt and rear aluminium gear ( with pin so little mechanical set when you will have some runs) with front belt.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vitomon
hi guys, i just built a new kit (wxi) and took it on the track yesterday. car works like a charm (like the other yoks ive built), but there is no steering like in the other ones.

steering only kicks in really, when at very low speeds. in every other situation power, off power etc. it just pushes real bad.

i use ride 32 tires (preglued, handout tires in club). i have attached the latest setup sheet.

glad if you guys had any pointers.

I don't know the ride springs but you can try these options:

1. run the F4.2 front inner hinge pin blocks. It creates some front sweep.

2. try stiffer oil/grease in the rear gear diff

3. try the rear r6.4 toe in block
Old 06-18-2012, 08:06 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by fpart
I don't know the ride springs but you can try these options:

1. run the F4.2 front inner hinge pin blocks. It creates some front sweep.

2. try stiffer oil/grease in the rear gear diff

3. try the rear r6.4 toe in block
thx for the answer. i'm just curious. the diff i understand.
but the armsweep in front and the 6.4 block would in my mind actually take away more steering. any chance you can argue these changes? what they do exactly?

thx
Old 06-18-2012, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Steering is a funny thing, to me there are 3 critical points about steering. Entry steering, mid corner steering(rotation) and exit steering.

When I run the f4.2 blocks it give me better entry steering and a little less exit. When I run the r6.4 it gives me less entry and more exit.

I forgot, I also have the front option inner top links on my car and it also improved steering. the link is shorter.

Another aside is that I do NOT run sway bars in stock or mod class. I think the tracks in europe are much better prepared and larger so sway bars are required. I always like the feel without sway bars. I am actually running xray springs 2.8 front and 2.4 rear.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:26 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by fpart
I forgot, I also have the front option inner top links on my car and it also improved steering. the link is shorter.
i bought the wxi version. which part are you talking about? do you have part number of what was supplied in the wxi and what u are using?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.