R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-02-2009, 12:22 PM   #106
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

ughh... he never said who he contacted or how he did it, i wanted to know the process he took to achieve his goal (trying to understand how this business works). He also stated that he's supporting products for their new line of cars and it is unclear on what the deal will be with older models.
SammyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:49 PM   #107
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Sam just wants to know if he has to start sourcing parts from Europe and HK for all of his out dated Yok kits.
ROAR #105242
timmay70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:31 PM   #108
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to olhipster1
Default Yokomo contact

Don't think Steve would want to give out that info.
since how he made the confirmation of YokomoAmerica and it's dealings are his agreed to business decisions and should be safeguarded.

All I know is that...we get to keep YOKOMO stateside...ohh..YEAH..
I don't care if Steve is bringing it over in a suit case.

I only have one question for STEVE, Are you getting the first one or am I?

IS IT HERE YET?????

StEvE you'RE mY HeRo
CAUSE and EFFECT
olhipster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:37 PM   #109
Tech Master

Could you provide us some additional insight as to Mr. Tommy Kramer's involvement with this project?

Badly influencing a new generation of racers!
~McSmooth~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 05:00 PM   #110
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by B18C Turbo View Post
Steve,
how were you able to accomplish this? who did you contact to make this business entity "Yokomo America"? Will you be sponsoring US drivers? Will your website have geniune Yokomo parts for all Yokomo models?
Hi,

I'm currently working with Yokomo Japan's international manager whom I've been in conversation about this project for oh...the past 5-6 months (this same gentlemen I have been racing touring car with since the late 90's) . I will keep his name confidential, but he is on R/C Tech every now and then, and it is currently in Japan finalizing all the details of this new venture and if he feels is necessary, he'll post on here, but I'll leave that as a choice he can make himself. Some of the guys on here knows me well and also our long good standing relationship with Yokomo Japan, so my involvement with this new entity really wasn't a huge surprise for a lot of racers. Some of you obviously probably just heard my name for the first time, and I do look forward to getting to know all the new Yokomo customers

As for sponsoring drivers, for the on-road program, top drivers are handled directly by Yokomo Japan. We currently do not have a USA drivers program setup just yet...we will be focusing on getting the new company up and running first.

Our main focus will be on the new Yokomo platforms first, and as for older models, we are still in discussion as to what extent and how the older models support will be handled.

and finally, no....this is not someone bagging things in a suit case or hooking up with a shop from Japan or Hong Kong and trying to resell it here...in another words, this is Genuine Yokomo Products...no gray market stuff

Steve Wang

Yokomo America

Last edited by YokomoAmerica; 03-02-2009 at 09:43 PM.
YokomoAmerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 06:55 PM   #111
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YokomoAmerica View Post
Hi,

I'm currently working with Yokomo Japan's international manager whom I've been in conversation about this project for oh...the past 5-6 months . I will keep his name confidential, but he is on R/C Tech every now and then, and it is currently in Japan finalizing all the details of this new venture and if he feels is necessary, he'll post on here, but I'll leave that as a choice he can make himself. Some of the guys on here knows me well and also our long good standing relationship with Yokomo Japan, so my involvement with this new entity really wasn't a huge surprise for a lot of racers. Some of you obviously probably just heard my name for the first time, and I do look forward to getting to know all the new Yokomo customers

As for sponsoring drivers, for the on-road program, top drivers are handled directly by Yokomo Japan. We currently do not have a USA drivers program setup just yet...we will be focusing on getting the new company up and running first.

Our main focus will be on the new Yokomo platforms first, and as for older models, we are still in discussion as to what extent and how the older models support will be handled.

and finally, no....this is not someone bagging things in a suit case or hooking up with a shop from Japan or Hong Kong and trying to resell it here...in another words, this is Genuine Yokomo Products...no gray market stuff

Steve Wang
Steve

i sent you some goodies. check your email.

- Chris
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:44 PM   #112
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki View Post
Steve

i sent you some goodies. check your email.

- Chris
Hi Chris,

Replied, thanks

Steve

Yokomo America
Old 03-03-2009, 07:29 PM   #113
Tech Regular

oooooh, I'm excited...
Old 03-03-2009, 11:33 PM   #114
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YokomoAmerica View Post
Hi,

... as for older models, we are still in discussion as to what extent and how the older models support will be handled.

...this is Genuine Yokomo Products...no gray market stuff

Steve Wang
Its been too far gone for anyone to expect support at the factory level on any of the older stuff. If there are any left over stock piles, I think it be best to clearance them though one of the retailers that handles that on ebay. RCBoyz comes to mind as a viable outlet to handle that. I think its best that Yokomo America should start fresh and concentrate on marketing the new line rather than have to bother with supporting old and maybe forgotten models. Heck not even Kyosho America has support for their older kits so why should Yokomo?

Good luck in the new line and may it be successful as the past products of Yokomo.
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 06:01 AM   #115
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fpart

Quote:
Originally Posted by junelopez View Post
oooooh, I'm excited...
June, I didn't know you were a Yok BD fan!! Did you see mine run at Pennsauken last week??

This is Tom Lane btw
fpart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:19 AM   #116
Tech Rookie

I think it's time for a comeback... What's up Steve! Congrats on the new position!
Joey O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:44 AM   #117
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey O. View Post
I think it's time for a comeback... What's up Steve! Congrats on the new position!
I...can..not...believe my eyes...Joey O??? You're still racing?

For those you that do not know Joey, Yokomo driver back in the days of MR-4TCSP, TQ ROAR Nats...2002? 2003?

Steve

Yokomo America
Old 03-04-2009, 09:50 AM   #118
Tech Initiate

Thank you YR4Dude! As much as we like to support ALL older Yokomo models...we have to draw the line some where. Special orders on older model parts might be an option, the best option would be to introduce new products and chassis at very competitive prices and help all loyal Yokomo owners switch over to newer models. With this business completely new, my inclination is to start with fresh new Yokomo platforms.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by YR4Dude View Post
Its been too far gone for anyone to expect support at the factory level on any of the older stuff. If there are any left over stock piles, I think it be best to clearance them though one of the retailers that handles that on ebay. RCBoyz comes to mind as a viable outlet to handle that. I think its best that Yokomo America should start fresh and concentrate on marketing the new line rather than have to bother with supporting old and maybe forgotten models. Heck not even Kyosho America has support for their older kits so why should Yokomo?

Good luck in the new line and may it be successful as the past products of Yokomo.

Yokomo America
Old 03-04-2009, 09:50 AM   #119
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey O. View Post
Oh What??? Joey O is on the forums...What up long lost friend?
Old 03-04-2009, 10:18 AM   #120
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I remember when Yokomo was everywhere. "LONG LIVE BRENT WALLACE" Before we went to spec tires the Yok 138G was the tire to have I'm sure once everything is here in the states and in the hobbyshops things will take off. Having another variety of car at the Reedy race will be nice. It wont just be the Japan guys running the car. Congrats Steve and hopefully we'll see you at the Reedy.
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote