Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default LOL

JayFlores is absolutely correct....:

but back to the REAL topic everyone. BD5

I want one...
don't need stinking pics...It's a YOK....enough said...
Mine...MINE...Mine..

Is it here yet???
wait a few minutes...
IS IT HERE YET???
Old 03-01-2009, 03:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I think I just found my first BD car

My MR4-TC SD CM (that's what it says on my manual )

Gets me about the same lap times as one of them shiny T009's...

This way I can keep my SD done up for drifting/rally racing and the BD5 for carpet!
Old 03-01-2009, 05:05 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by olhipster1
JayFlores is absolutely correct....
hahahaha
Old 03-01-2009, 04:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi Guys,

I'm sending on the questions that you guys have so far to Japan (but they are a bit busy at the moment with the Reedy off-road championship at Yatabe Arena) so please give us some time to reply. A few things that are answered:

MSRP is 58,000 yen (NOT the 60,900 in the pdf file, that's the Japan MSRP with tax included) so look for pricing to be around where we stated earlier of $459.99 (or less) when the car kit arrives

There is a spool for the BD-5 (hooray!) and we are trying to verify right now if that's coming together in the kit or a simple option part that will be available seperately.

On the Lipo question, it looks like the lipo will tuck in underneath the upper deck, but because the deck is lower than the BD (for lower CG all around including lower profile bulkheads) we are checking if the larger capacity size lipo (like 5000mah + sizes) will tuck in underneath the upper deck.

Some one (I believe HarryN) asked about whether or not nitro on-road will be made, sorry to disappoint, but it doesn't appear to be so. However, there are several new cars that Yokomo Japan is working on to be released through out the year

Still waiting for official photos from Japan to be sent to us and confirmation on the type of material used for universals (JasonC was asking).

We hope to start taking pre-orders in about a week to 10 days from now and by then all details should be available and finalized. Thanks everyone for your patience and enthusiasm about the new BD-5

Steve Wang
Old 03-01-2009, 06:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Is there gonna be any Yokomo America sponsored drivers? Just wondering if they are gonna be represented again at big races to offer support to other drivers.

I don't remember if you stated it or not, but do you/or are you setting up a new website? Perhaps better support with maybe, setups and tips?
Old 03-02-2009, 05:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by YokomoAmerica

On the Lipo question, it looks like the lipo will tuck in underneath the upper deck, but because the deck is lower than the BD (for lower CG all around including lower profile bulkheads) we are checking if the larger capacity size lipo (like 5000mah + sizes) will tuck in underneath the upper deck.

Some one (I believe HarryN) asked about whether or not nitro on-road will be made, sorry to disappoint, but it doesn't appear to be so. However, there are several new cars that Yokomo Japan is working on to be released through out the year
Aww man, I was really hoping to get a Yokomo nitro car.

As far as the 5000+ mah batteries, just in case the BD-5 is unable to support a battery that size, will they have additional parts to raise the top deck (similar to the Xray T2'009 and T2R Pro)? Hopefully you can squeeze that part in there as well, concerning LiPo batteries!

Thanks for all the information! You're kickin arse already!
Old 03-02-2009, 06:49 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by |JayFlores|
Bd-5 = 5years in the making.

during these five years YOKOMO entered three times (out of three) the A-Main at the Worlds... and was three times (out of three) on the rostrum!!!
WHO else?
Old 03-02-2009, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

HB
Old 03-02-2009, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

will YokomoUSA update their website and provide shopping again for US customers?
Old 03-02-2009, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B18C Turbo
will YokomoUSA update their website and provide shopping again for US customers?

You can anticipate a new site and continued commerce. All in the works from what I understand.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:47 AM
Tech Initiate

Yokomo USA is a closed entity, and actually our business entity have no affiliation with Yokomo USA. Yokomo America is starting completely fresh and new with new Yokomo chassis platforms (BD-5, B-MAX4 off-road, and rock crawlers), new people behind the business (me!), new business model and new websites. We are still working on the website, and it won't be finished for a few more weeks (middle of march) once it is done, we will start by taking pre-orders for the BD-5.

Steve
Old 03-02-2009, 10:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Steve,

Good your Speedtech website was good!!
Old 03-02-2009, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YokomoAmerica
Yokomo USA is a closed entity, and actually our business entity have no affiliation with Yokomo USA. Yokomo America is starting completely fresh and new with new Yokomo chassis platforms (BD-5, B-MAX4 off-road, and rock crawlers), new people behind the business (me!), new business model and new websites. We are still working on the website, and it won't be finished for a few more weeks (middle of march) once it is done, we will start by taking pre-orders for the BD-5.

Steve
Steve,
how were you able to accomplish this? who did you contact to make this business entity "Yokomo America"? Will you be sponsoring US drivers? Will your website have geniune Yokomo parts for all Yokomo models?
Old 03-02-2009, 10:55 AM
Tech Elite

Steve,
how were you able to accomplish this? who did you contact to make this business entity "Yokomo America"? Will you be sponsoring US drivers? Will your website have geniune Yokomo parts for all Yokomo models?

Steve has had a long history with Yokomo and has a very good reputation in the R/C industry... It's really not a surprise to me that Yokomo Corp in japan chose him to be the US distributor.....
Old 03-02-2009, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Steve,
Uh...read the first post.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/5483407-post1.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.