R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-13-2009, 08:47 PM   #916
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to kschu

do u guy notice martin's bd5 shock tower is lower than standard ??
Attached Thumbnails
New Yokomo TC, the BD-5-img_4465.jpg   New Yokomo TC, the BD-5-img_4463.jpg   New Yokomo TC, the BD-5-img_4462.jpg  
Old 08-13-2009, 08:58 PM   #917
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Looks like he just shaved off the top brace. Maybe allow more flex in the shock tower.

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 05:06 AM   #918
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fpart

I want Martin's top deck!
fpart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 05:16 AM   #919
Tech Master

Check this out !
This will flex dudes LOL

If you want that top deck why don't you buy trf416?
yokemad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 03:51 PM   #920
Tech Elite

What does a top deck have to do with buying a 416????

I saw that chassis a few months back. I don't like it much. I just need a different top deck for low bite asphalt. Kinda like how the top deck changed from the 416 to the 416WE. I'm just gonna buy another one cut it for more flex.

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
Old 08-14-2009, 08:53 PM   #921
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ROBORAT

Elwyn: hi there! you've got mail!

http://www.hobbyhaven.com.my/
ROBORAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 10:48 PM   #922
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBORAT View Post
Elwyn: hi there! you've got mail!
Got your email.

Thanks
http://www.hobyhaven.com.my - http://www.hobby-haven.blogspot.com - http://www.teamyokomo.blogspot.com
Elwyn Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 06:22 AM   #923
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Martin Hofer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschu View Post
do u guy notice martin's bd5 shock tower is lower than standard ??
no, standard shocktowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMac View Post
Looks like he just shaved off the top brace. Maybe allow more flex in the shock tower.
exactly, but all I did it for was to make them look better *G* I did not like the chunky look of the standard items *G*

Quote:
What does a top deck have to do with buying a 416????

I saw that chassis a few months back. I don't like it much. I just need a different top deck for low bite asphalt. Kinda like how the top deck changed from the 416 to the 416WE. I'm just gonna buy another one cut it for more flex.
the car doesn't need a different topdeck for low bite asphalt as the standard topdeck of the bd5 is supersoft already, cutting it won't help a lot, what you can try is leave out the screws in row 2, 4 and 5 counting from the front
Xenon Racing
Tonisport
Martin Hofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 07:14 PM   #924
Tech Elite

Hey Martin, Thank You for the tip on using the MuchMore Joint Grease! It may be a little premature saying this, but so far, no wear on my aluminum out drives. But I only have 4 runs on them so far. I'll keep a long term report on the wear of them with the MM grease. I think part of this is due to the new layout. They torn down the whole outdoor track and redid everything. We now have an Asian/European style track. Very awesome I think for us. So the track was flowing. Not like the typical parking lot ON/OFF throttle driving. It was more smooth style, which I like. Anyways, only thing I did not like was the rocks/dirt collecting on there. Gotta clean them out almost every run.

Thanks for the tip on removing the screws. I keep forgetting to do that. I'm just scared of tweak if I do. Some of the parking lot tracks can be brutal.

Anyways, I may try one of your setups for our new track layout. It may be a good starting point. My car pushed today and the Tekin esc lacks good brakes for the hair pin. I think I need a little midcorner steering. Do you think adding 1mm to the steering rack will help out some?

Kschu, I didn't get to try raising the rear diff today. Not enough time between rounds. I'll try it next weekend. But I did set fast lap and won today. Not too bad I guess.

I started rewiring my esc last night. But didn't finish. Look at my huge fan! I fried two motors in one day last month. I ain't gonna do it again!!

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
Old 08-15-2009, 07:34 PM   #925
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Hey Martin, Thank You for the tip on using the MuchMore Joint Grease! It may be a little premature saying this, but so far, no wear on my aluminum out drives. But I only have 4 runs on them so far. I'll keep a long term report on the wear of them with the MM grease. I think part of this is due to the new layout. They torn down the whole outdoor track and redid everything. We now have an Asian/European style track. Very awesome I think for us. So the track was flowing. Not like the typical parking lot ON/OFF throttle driving. It was more smooth style, which I like. Anyways, only thing I did not like was the rocks/dirt collecting on there. Gotta clean them out almost every run.

Thanks for the tip on removing the screws. I keep forgetting to do that. I'm just scared of tweak if I do. Some of the parking lot tracks can be brutal.

Anyways, I may try one of your setups for our new track layout. It may be a good starting point. My car pushed today and the Tekin esc lacks good brakes for the hair pin. I think I need a little midcorner steering. Do you think adding 1mm to the steering rack will help out some?

Kschu, I didn't get to try raising the rear diff today. Not enough time between rounds. I'll try it next weekend. But I did set fast lap and won today. Not too bad I guess.

I started rewiring my esc last night. But didn't finish. Look at my huge fan! I fried two motors in one day last month. I ain't gonna do it again!!

Dang Jimmy, you have so much grease on them you wouldn't be able to see any wear!:sne aky::

Gratz on your win!
Old 08-15-2009, 11:20 PM   #926
Tech Elite

Quote:

jimmy, ur wiring look very neat!!

btw, how you fried your motor ?? too hot??

your car full with graphite!! and options too!

do u guys notice the crossjoint and the PIN of the CVD wear out quite fast??
Old 08-16-2009, 12:21 AM   #927
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschu View Post
jimmy, ur wiring look very neat!!

btw, how you fried your motor ?? too hot??

your car full with graphite!! and options too!

do u guys notice the crossjoint and the PIN of the CVD wear out quite fast??
Thank you! I'm still working on the wiring. No where as neat as Martin's car!

Fried motor? Well, testing new esc software. So gearing and timing was all guessing. Plus Roar went from 5 to 6 minute heats/mains. So that adds more heat to these damn 17.5 stock motors. And air temp from 90F (32C) to 100F (38C). It was a bad funny day. haha.

I don't really notice my cross joints wearing out. But I have been oiling them after every other run with MuchMore Joint Lube. I'll usually spray them down and blow them off during the week. Then lube them up with 4 small drops of MM Lube for each axle. I'm staying on top of the maintenance for this car like I did on my 416.

Well I just threw the steel diff back into the car. Not gonna risk the aluminum diff in a parking lot track. I pulled the screws out of the top deck like Martin suggested. Now I gotta pull the roll center shims out from under the blocks and go down on all my spring rates. Then I'm off to bed!

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
Old 08-16-2009, 08:02 AM   #928
Tech Champion

sorry i know this is a lame question but what's the internal drive ratio of the bd5? cant seem to find it written down in the manual... thanks in advance!

elwyn: thanks! im excited to get the stuff!

Old 08-16-2009, 08:22 AM   #929
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBORAT View Post
sorry i know this is a lame question but what's the internal drive ratio of the bd5? cant seem to find it written down in the manual... thanks in advance!

elwyn: thanks! im excited to get the stuff!

Old 08-16-2009, 08:56 AM   #930
Tech Champion

kschu: thanks!