R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-08-2009, 09:31 AM   #736
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Martin Hofer

I am not at all into Lipo so no I don't have a releasedate or the lipo chassi plate
Xenon Racing
Tonisport
Martin Hofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:02 AM   #737
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

ZS-507 is still in production!
thrust assy available!

Last edited by SammyZ; 07-09-2009 at 01:10 AM.
SammyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:59 AM   #738
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Good question. I just ordered a set of ZS-507 just to get the plates, and I'm using ZC-507 Tungsten balls with it. So all you would have to do is source out the plates. Flip them over and reuse them again. I just found 2 complete sets in my old parts box. So I'm good for awhile. I don't think sourcing out plates will be an issue. Perhaps AE parts will work just as good if not the same thing.

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:37 AM   #739
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

thrust assembly available!

Last edited by SammyZ; 07-09-2009 at 01:11 AM.
SammyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:38 AM   #740
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rezenclowd3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMac View Post
Have you seen that new aftermarket lipo chassis for the TC5? That might spark some enthusiasm back into your car. I like the new chassis because it shifts more weight forward. Look into it. I think it was posted on RedRc a few days back.
Yup, saw it, same idea as the BD5 lipo chassis, no battery cutouts. I do not like the idea at all. I think the best weight solution is what Verndog devoloped, a plate that only raises the battery 1mm , and is machined to sit in the battery slots. Its the cleanest solution. It keeps alot of mass as far down low as possible. Also, the add-on weights that the Exotek uses (similiar to the Xray '09) do not add enough weight, AND they add the weight much too far out IMO as it has the battery sit very far off the chassis ) There is no need for me to get a so called "lipo chassis" as with the Reedy 5A pack, and the PPD side and bottom plate, I am balanced and only 9 grams over the weight limit (1500g). Next time I will paint my shell using as little paint as possible to get the weight down as much as possible.
rezenclowd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:45 AM   #741
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi,

Hobby Haven still have the ZS-507 thrust bearing plate in stock.

And we carry full range of spare parts & option parts for Yokomo BD5.

Do PM me if you are interested on any of Yokomo parts.

Cheers
Elwyn
http://www.hobyhaven.com.my - http://www.hobby-haven.blogspot.com - http://www.teamyokomo.blogspot.com
Elwyn Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 02:07 PM   #742
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by B18C Turbo View Post
yeah i mean once you have them your good for a long time, you cna sand them, flipem over and there good.

However if your building a ball diff you need the plates, balls are easy to find but the plates...
Do you think an AE part will work? If so which one?
Well you can order them from Elwyn. That's where my complete diff parts and harden steel diff is coming from. But I'll look into the AE part and let you know.

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
Old 07-08-2009, 08:51 PM   #743
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by B18C Turbo View Post
yeah i mean once you have them your good for a long time, you cna sand them, flipem over and there good.

However if your building a ball diff you need the plates, balls are easy to find but the plates...
Do you think an AE part will work? If so which one?
ZS-507 thrust washers are 5.98mm wide. Hole is about 2.63mm. And it's 0.95mm thick.

TC5 thrust washer that I am measuring now is 6.14mm wide. Hole is 2.21mm. And it's 0.9mm thick.

Sooo that might not work. I think the BD5 diff screw is thick. I'll have to measure it when my parts come in. I'll have to measure some other thrust washers.

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
Old 07-08-2009, 10:00 PM   #744
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezenclowd3 View Post
Yup, saw it, same idea as the BD5 lipo chassis, no battery cutouts. I do not like the idea at all. I think the best weight solution is what Verndog devoloped, a plate that only raises the battery 1mm , and is machined to sit in the battery slots. Its the cleanest solution. It keeps alot of mass as far down low as possible. Also, the add-on weights that the Exotek uses (similiar to the Xray '09) do not add enough weight, AND they add the weight much too far out IMO as it has the battery sit very far off the chassis ) There is no need for me to get a so called "lipo chassis" as with the Reedy 5A pack, and the PPD side and bottom plate, I am balanced and only 9 grams over the weight limit (1500g). Next time I will paint my shell using as little paint as possible to get the weight down as much as possible.
I actually like the no cutouts in the chassis. I think, and as they stated, you get even chassis flex on both sides of the chassis. Also, with a lipo weight tray, yes you do get weight low into the chassis, but it's only low on the right side of the chassis, not on the left. Which again, I think unbalances the chassis. I also like the idea of the chassis only being 100mm wide. That's narrower than the BD5. With no cutouts, you can get then lead slabs that fit right under the lipo pack. I have 2 slabs/plates of different thickness. One is a tad lighter than the PPD plate, one is heavier than the PPD plate. As far as the battery hanging out like that, it is adjustable. I think on their website it says it's adjustable in 3 positions. So you can move it in if you like. If I had a TC5R, I would have one for sure! hehe, I sound like a salesman! haha. I just can't wait to get the lipo chassis for the BD5. I just hope they didn't make it wider.

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
Old 07-08-2009, 10:19 PM   #745
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rezenclowd3

Wait, you like that thers no cutouts yet you want to put weight under the pack? Hmm...Theres not enough clearance on most kits....The TC5 just happens to have a skyscraper top-deck.

As far as flex, with the battery taped in or strapped in, its as if the battery side is solid anyway... Also, its not like the lipo pack will fall through with the cutouts lol. I honestly feel like its a gimmick.
rezenclowd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:29 PM   #746
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezenclowd3 View Post
Wait, you like that thers no cutouts yet you want to put weight under the pack? Hmm...Theres not enough clearance on most kits....The TC5 just happens to have a skyscraper top-deck.

As far as flex, with the battery taped in or strapped in, its as if the battery side is solid anyway...
No, that was an option for you. I only ran that setup when I had a 416, PPD plate, lead plate, and SMC 4000 pack at the beginning of 2008. But once I went to the TP5000 40C pack, all I use is a long weight on the side of my pack. Nothing under it. I think the battery still moves a hair when it's taped in. So chassis still flexes unevenly. But most people won't notice it anyways if they aren't looking for it.

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
Old 07-09-2009, 05:35 AM   #747
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default bd ride hight

can any tell me

how do you get the ride hight on bd when use hpi c hub ?
racingkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 06:39 AM   #748
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Martin Hofer

why would you want to use hb c-hubs on a bd5?
Xenon Racing
Tonisport
Martin Hofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 06:51 AM   #749
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

how do you even adjust the ride height? i havent changed mine on my BD or BD5
total3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 07:03 AM   #750
Tech Rookie

Is Yokomo still in business (in the US)?

I got one of their MR-4TC SD (Drift) kits back when they first came out.

I hadn't really done much with it and was looking to get a new body, wheels/tires, and maybe some of the hop up parts; The D-005 Drift carbon graphite upgrade kit looks pretty cool.

Where can I actually go (online) to get some Yokomo stuff? I've checked Tower, Hobby People, and HobbyTown USA. When you click the Add to Cart button on the yokomousa.com website, there's a message that they closed their web store on Dec 31st, 2008.

Thanks for any help, I'd rather not write this kit off just yet...

Donovan
ms3boy is offline   Reply With Quote