Send a message via MSN to kschu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughbeard View Post
thats exactly why I want it
ur car too much steering ?
Old 07-01-2009, 01:07 AM   #692
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Martin Hofer

There are better ways to reduce steering which actually might make your laptimes benefit from it
Xenon Racing
Tonisport
Martin Hofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 06:13 AM   #693
Suspended

Hi guys,
do you know the length of the bd 5 shock shaft?
thank you
kyosho player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:22 AM   #694
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think Toughbeard runs on large, high speed tracks. I cant speak for him but Im guessing thats why he wants to reduce his steering.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:08 PM   #695
Tech Elite

Hey Martin, I notice on spool setups, you run the outer hole on the steering knuckle for the steering linkage. On Yokomo Japan oneway setups (and kit setup) they run inner hole on steering knuckle. Is this to get more steering/aggressive out of the spool? What is your opinion on this? I have yet to play with this adjustment. I'm waiting on new longer turnbuckles to try this out. Thanks.

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 08:12 PM   #696
Tech Elite

Also, the rear aluminum diff does not last long. They notch out pretty bad after a few race weekends. I should have a set of harden steel ones here by the end of the week. Someone needs to come out with an aftermarket aluminum diff halves with a blade system.

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
Old 07-05-2009, 08:45 PM   #697
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMac View Post
Hey Martin, I notice on spool setups, you run the outer hole on the steering knuckle for the steering linkage. On Yokomo Japan oneway setups (and kit setup) they run inner hole on steering knuckle. Is this to get more steering/aggressive out of the spool? What is your opinion on this? I have yet to play with this adjustment. I'm waiting on new longer turnbuckles to try this out. Thanks.
outer hole give more steering and turning angle smaller.....i didnt change my turnbuckle inorder to use the outer hole...im running 0.5 toe out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyMac
Also, the rear aluminum diff does not last long. They notch out pretty bad after a few race weekends. I should have a set of harden steel ones here by the end of the week. Someone needs to come out with an aftermarket aluminum diff halves with a blade system.
where u bought your harden rear diff?
Old 07-05-2009, 09:15 PM   #698
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschu View Post
outer hole give more steering and turning angle smaller.....i didnt change my turnbuckle inorder to use the outer hole...im running 0.5 toe out...

where u bought your harden rear diff?
That's what I figured on the outer hole. Just wanted verification. I do notice you can use the short stock 27mm turnbuckles on the outer hole on steering knuckle. But it does not leave much thread in the ball cups. Plus, if I lightly press on the plastic ball cup, and it flexes a lot with so little thread/turnbuckle inside. I'm just paranoid. So I'm using 33mm turnbuckles for that extra thread.

Page 36 from Elwyn Lee. Just shoot him a PM and he can quote you a price on them. He even carries Yokomo spare parts if you need anything. Hit him up. I'll find out the quality of them hopefully this week. I think Mod racing requires a smoother throttle finger (with all that power) which is easier on the diff. Where as stock (with spool) sometimes seems almost like an on/off switch which can notch out aluminum diff halves in no time. Stock with oneways I drive really smooth. But I hardly use oneways here.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/5901362-post531.html

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
Old 07-05-2009, 09:38 PM   #699
Tech Elite

Quote:
That's what I figured on the outer hole. Just wanted verification. I do notice you can use the short stock 27mm turnbuckles on the outer hole on steering knuckle. But it does not leave much thread in the ball cups. Plus, if I lightly press on the plastic ball cup, and it flexes a lot with so little thread/turnbuckle inside. I'm just paranoid. So I'm using 33mm turnbuckles for that extra thread.

Page 36 from Elwyn Lee. Just shoot him a PM and he can quote you a price on them. He even carries Yokomo spare parts if you need anything. Hit him up. I'll find out the quality of them hopefully this week. I think Mod racing requires a smoother throttle finger (with all that power) which is easier on the diff. Where as stock (with spool) sometimes seems almost like an on/off switch which can notch out aluminum diff halves in no time. Stock with oneways I drive really smooth. But I hardly use oneways here.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/5901362-post531.html
yeah, if using standard turnbuckle, u can see some flex on the ball cup....

i know elwyn....they are distributor for yokomo in malaysia...the rear diff u getting from elwyn is very good....very lasting....
Old 07-05-2009, 09:45 PM   #700
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschu View Post
i know elwyn....they are distributor for yokomo in malaysia...the rear diff u getting from elwyn is very good....very lasting....
Nice! Maybe I should order a spare. Might need it for the Nats in October. Elwyn seems like a very nice and profession person. I would not mind doing business with him again.

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
Old 07-05-2009, 10:05 PM   #701
Tech Elite

Quote:
Nice! Maybe I should order a spare. Might need it for the Nats in October. Elwyn seems like a very nice and profession person. I would not mind doing business with him again.
they hv their own blog n website

www.teamyokomo.blogspot.com
www.hobbyhaven.com.my
Old 07-05-2009, 10:48 PM   #702
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rezenclowd3

Where are people buying parts for the BD5 in the states? (or at least shipped to the states?)

I am quite interested in picking up the BD5 later.
rezenclowd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 11:19 PM   #703
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Martin Hofer

Quote:
outer hole is used 99% of times, the inner one is used in yatabe ... this is why it is kit setup ...
Xenon Racing
Tonisport
Martin Hofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 11:25 PM   #704
Tech Elite

I gave up on parts support in the states. So I order from overseas. Elwyn on here sells parts. I think he has a special deal if you order a car from him. See my post up above or PM him. I just ordered a ton of parts from him. I got my car from RC Champ. Easy to deal with. RCMarket, RCModel, RCMushroom are a few HK shops that have parts. You can easily get parts for the car. They just happen to be in Asia.

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
Old 07-05-2009, 11:27 PM   #705
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Hofer View Post
outer hole is used 99% of times, the inner one is used in yatabe ... this is why it is kit setup ...
Thanks, I can't imagine how much better the car will feel once I go to outer holes. I think the Yatabe setup will be a great starting point for our Nationals here in October. Indoor asphalt with tons of traction and oneways seem to dominate.

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03