R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-28-2012, 01:10 PM   #3661
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 80
Default

Can anyone share a good low traction ashpalt setup please?

Track size 50m x 30m
Mornedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:54 PM   #3662
RAL
Tech Elite
 
RAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 2,265
Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mornedn View Post
Can anyone share a good low traction ashpalt setup please?

Track size 50m x 30m
http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/yoko...YokomoBD5.html
__________________
TEAM ARAI GRIP ● J★STYLE ● P1 BRAND ● RÄLDESIGNWERKS ● EXOTEK
RAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:17 AM   #3663
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 80
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mornedn View Post
Hi guys
I'm new to the Yokomo brand. Just a quick question.
I noticed on the setup sheets that for low traction tracks you raise the RC by adding spacers to the camber link and lower the RC on high traction tracks.... So this correct? I thought its the other way around??

Thanks
Bump
Mornedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:53 AM   #3664
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: AUSTRIA
Posts: 233
Send a message via ICQ to vitomon Send a message via Skype™ to vitomon
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mornedn View Post
Bump
hi there,

my guess is this. if you add spacers under the camberlink (inside and outside on the hub) this raises the instant rollcenter, thus providing a little more grip overall.

therefore in low traction conditions i normally do that and in high traction conditions normally the other way around to get rid of some grip to free up the car.

however, from my point of few you could also only decrease the number of shims on the inner camber link to get more camber gain in the corners to generate more grip on that side of the car. but generally i think the best way is to leave the camberlink proportions as they are and adjust on both sides (inside and outside) equally. its best to have the rear camberlink and arm closely to paralell which gives the best camber gain. on the front the inside of the camber link should by roughly 0.5mm lower than the outside when compared to the arm.

standard positions for tarmac and normal grip carpet have been 2mm on the inside camberlink and 0.5mm on the outside (maybe 1mm sometimes). unless you encounter super high grip conditions (3-3.5mm inside front) i would start there.
__________________
Infinity -- Orion ESC -- Sanwa M11x
May the grip be with you ... always!
vitomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:49 AM   #3665
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 80
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitomon View Post
hi there,

my guess is this. if you add spacers under the camberlink (inside and outside on the hub) this raises the instant rollcenter, thus providing a little more grip overall.

therefore in low traction conditions i normally do that and in high traction conditions normally the other way around to get rid of some grip to free up the car.

however, from my point of few you could also only decrease the number of shims on the inner camber link to get more camber gain in the corners to generate more grip on that side of the car. but generally i think the best way is to leave the camberlink proportions as they are and adjust on both sides (inside and outside) equally. its best to have the rear camberlink and arm closely to paralell which gives the best camber gain. on the front the inside of the camber link should by roughly 0.5mm lower than the outside when compared to the arm.

standard positions for tarmac and normal grip carpet have been 2mm on the inside camberlink and 0.5mm on the outside (maybe 1mm sometimes). unless you encounter super high grip conditions (3-3.5mm inside front) i would start there.
So for low traction tracks, you will remove shims from the inside camberlink? 1mm - 1.5mm?
Mornedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:24 AM   #3666
RAL
Tech Elite
 
RAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 2,265
Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)
Default

You just have to try it. Sometimes yes sometimes no. There is no solid for sure answers in TC setup. You have to experiment and test for yourself. In some situations some things will work and some won't. Its a never ending exploration...
__________________
TEAM ARAI GRIP ● J★STYLE ● P1 BRAND ● RÄLDESIGNWERKS ● EXOTEK
RAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 06:37 AM   #3667
Tech Elite
 
kschu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kota Kinabalu,Sabah
Posts: 4,598
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to kschu
Default

vitomon,
i hv this setting,

remain the prev setting but only use 2mm shim in inner front camberlink,
4mm shim in inner rear camberlink

front sway bar 1.4mm, rear sway bar 1.4mm..

try it , let me know how it feel
__________________
Give the best while u can !
kschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:46 AM   #3668
RAL
Tech Elite
 
RAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 2,265
Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitomon View Post
hi guys, i just built a new kit (wxi) and took it on the track yesterday. car works like a charm (like the other yoks ive built), but there is no steering like in the other ones.

steering only kicks in really, when at very low speeds. in every other situation power, off power etc. it just pushes real bad.

i use ride 32 tires (preglued, handout tires in club). i have attached the latest setup sheet.

glad if you guys had any pointers.
Did you use the kit servo horn?
__________________
TEAM ARAI GRIP ● J★STYLE ● P1 BRAND ● RÄLDESIGNWERKS ● EXOTEK
RAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 11:00 AM   #3669
RAL
Tech Elite
 
RAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 2,265
Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitomon View Post
hi guys, i just built a new kit (wxi) and took it on the track yesterday. car works like a charm (like the other yoks ive built), but there is no steering like in the other ones.

steering only kicks in really, when at very low speeds. in every other situation power, off power etc. it just pushes real bad.

i use ride 32 tires (preglued, handout tires in club). i have attached the latest setup sheet.

glad if you guys had any pointers.
Try .5 Shims on top of the C-hub. Also Try Ride TC Pro Match Springs, RED, RED(same as hpi silver, silver). 6.4 Rear Block and change oil to 350, 400, or 450. I think the Yokomo guys running thick oil like 550 may be running larger holes such as 1.2mm. Hayato has told me that 1.0 piston holes with 350 or 450 feels like 500 or 550 with a 1.2 piston holes. He is using 1.2 holes I believe. You can also try lowering your inner camber link to 1mm all around.

Also, I don't know what shock hole you are at in the rear, but sometimes #4 in the rear and #3 in the front feels good. More steering and it feels more direct for me. I see some drivers using #2, #2 with soft setups. I have not tried that yet.
__________________
TEAM ARAI GRIP ● J★STYLE ● P1 BRAND ● RÄLDESIGNWERKS ● EXOTEK
RAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:32 PM   #3670
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 80
Default

Hi guys
What handeling difference will the 44.2mm ff block make vs. the 43.5mm ff block on asphalt?
Mornedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 06:56 PM   #3671
Tech Elite
 
transplantlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chicago, IL/St.Petersburg,FL
Posts: 2,073
Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)
Default HAVE ANY OF YOU ORDERED FROM HERE

Guys looking to get a wxi came across this site jus wondering if any of you have ordered from here???

http://www.etunpo.com/shop/index.php...ssvre4vjpost23
__________________
IM A SURVIOR OF A DOUBLE ORGAN TRANSPLANT KIDNEY/PANCREAS...PLEASE BE A ORGAN DONOR TO GIVE LIFE TO OTHERS!!
transplantlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 11:50 PM   #3672
gom
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 147
Default

hi guys,

i am planning to purchase a bd5wxi soon. and i just need to clear a few things up before i make the purchase. i hope some one here can help.

Is Kshobby the only supplier for North America now? it seems that no body else sells yokomo car kits online. i am worry about parts support and the time it takes to ship stuff here from asia. is it practical to run a yokomo in North America considering the very limited parts support?

i really want to get a yokomo just because i am a fan. however, none of my LHS carry yokomo stuff. i am sure it's the same for many of you guys here on this forum. how do you guys manage to get the car kit and is the lack of part support bothering your race schedule?
gom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 12:18 AM   #3673
Tech Master
 
mikeygar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,200
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gom View Post
hi guys,

i am planning to purchase a bd5wxi soon. and i just need to clear a few things up before i make the purchase. i hope some one here can help.

Is Kshobby the only supplier for North America now? it seems that no body else sells yokomo car kits online. i am worry about parts support and the time it takes to ship stuff here from asia. is it practical to run a yokomo in North America considering the very limited parts support?

i really want to get a yokomo just because i am a fan. however, none of my LHS carry yokomo stuff. i am sure it's the same for many of you guys here on this forum. how do you guys manage to get the car kit and is the lack of part support bothering your race schedule?
have the same problem here in the Philippines. KS, Hobby Haven and RCMarket are our best bets, but even if we're pretty near, customs gives a lot of problems when receiving items so when I order, I usually stock at least 3 or 4 of the most fragile parts. Order lots of C-hubs, front arms get the wide front plastic bumper and you should be fine. Suspension blocks, pins and a top deck and bottom deck too. Front axles (get the Spec-R V2 DCJ's). I've never broken a suspension tower but I've bent bulkheads. Rear arms only because I've cross threaded the shock screws…

Good luck!
mikeygar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:24 AM   #3674
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 80
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mornedn View Post
Hi guys
What handeling difference will the 44.2mm ff block make vs. the 43.5mm ff block on asphalt?
Bump
Mornedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:00 AM   #3675
Tech Elite
 
transplantlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chicago, IL/St.Petersburg,FL
Posts: 2,073
Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplantlife View Post
Guys looking to get a wxi came across this site jus wondering if any of you have ordered from here???

http://www.etunpo.com/shop/index.php...ssvre4vjpost23
__________________
IM A SURVIOR OF A DOUBLE ORGAN TRANSPLANT KIDNEY/PANCREAS...PLEASE BE A ORGAN DONOR TO GIVE LIFE TO OTHERS!!
transplantlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team Losi JRXS Kenshin Electric On-Road 13263 06-13-2016 04:39 PM
Yokomo MR4TC-BD mr.ng Electric On-Road 9094 02-05-2013 02:10 PM
Hey all, new to R/C Stin83 Electric On-Road 12 11-05-2005 10:29 AM
Is EP TC racing dying? Edwin Lee Malaysian R/C Racers 221 04-28-2005 12:46 AM
New 1/10 Touring Car ttektek Electric On-Road 63 03-21-2005 02:56 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:33 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net