R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-24-2012, 09:54 AM   #3571
Tech Elite
 
kschu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kota Kinabalu,Sabah
Posts: 4,598
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to kschu
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitomon View Post
you guys have any ideas on how to get more steering into the car on asphalt?

the car is great on carpet. but lacks steering on asphalt.
maybe u can try use rear 45.7 suspension block
__________________
Give the best while u can !
kschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:21 PM   #3572
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 303
Default

I just bought the new BD5WXi kit. And one of the changes in this kit, is double joints for the front, and new improved c-blades for the gear diff, and some other small parts.

Anyones know why there is only one servo mount, and only one hole for that ?

And is there a assembly manual in English ?
Shock Tower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:02 PM   #3573
Tech Master
 
Hugh Jazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: On a park bench
Posts: 1,592
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock Tower View Post
I just bought the new BD5WXi kit. And one of the changes in this kit, is double joints for the front, and new improved c-blades for the gear diff, and some other small parts.

Anyones know why there is only one servo mount, and only one hole for that ?

And is there a assembly manual in English ?
I think you get the W chassis in the WXi kit. The W chassis is narrower and has no room for the outside servo post. Most people shoe glue it in place or use a good double sided tape to hold the servo down.
__________________
Dan Maher
Hugh Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:33 PM   #3574
Tech Master
 
pcar951's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cow Town
Posts: 1,706
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock Tower View Post
I just bought the new BD5WXi kit. And one of the changes in this kit, is double joints for the front, and new improved c-blades for the gear diff, and some other small parts.

Anyones know why there is only one servo mount, and only one hole for that ?

And is there a assembly manual in English ?
I didn't shoe goo mine, I used Parma Pro 2 sided tape (stays flexible). I felt like the shoe goo caused the chassis to not flex evenly once it had cured fully (got very hard). Never had a problem with it coming loose, had some pretty good wrecks. JMO
__________________
Jim Chapman
PM Hobbycraft | RCAmerica | Xray | Hudy
pcar951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:39 PM   #3575
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 303
Default

Hi there.
Now I have finished assembly my WXi kit. I double tape my servo, because there was only one servo mount post, because of the narrow chassi.

But now there is no more space for the standard 15 gr weight, wich should be mounted on the left front side, just underneath the steering.

What have you guys done with that ?
Shock Tower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:42 PM   #3576
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 55
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock Tower View Post
Hi there.
Now I have finished assembly my WXi kit. I double tape my servo, because there was only one servo mount post, because of the narrow chassi.

But now there is no more space for the standard 15 gr weight, wich should be mounted on the left front side, just underneath the steering.

What have you guys done with that ?
Most drivers only uses the middle weight , not the two front weights.
MarcusEngdahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:49 AM   #3577
Tech Regular
 
jychow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 253
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock Tower View Post
Hi there.
Now I have finished assembly my WXi kit. I double tape my servo, because there was only one servo mount post, because of the narrow chassi.

But now there is no more space for the standard 15 gr weight, wich should be mounted on the left front side, just underneath the steering.

What have you guys done with that ?
Hi. I believe you can still attach the front weight. This is how we do:



It is very important to attach the front Left&Right weight. It enhances the rear traction. Without them, the rear will be "loose".
__________________
ERIC CHOW | HOBBY HAVEN SDN BHD | Pearl Point Shopping Mall, 2nd Floor, Lot 1.2.78-1.2.80, Batu 5, Jalan Klang Lama, Kuala Lumpur. Malaysia | Tel: +603-74994191 | http://www.hobbyhaven.com.my |
***** Team Yokomo Malaysia Blog -- http://teamyokomo.blogspot.com *****
***** Hobby Haven Blog -- http://hobby-haven.blogspot.com *****
jychow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:59 AM   #3578
Tech Elite
 
niznai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: All over the place
Posts: 2,940
Default

Quick question, guys.

Do you need a special C-hub for the CVD joints? What is the part number for that?
__________________
Team Greasy Weasel

The best upgrade to any car is some driver skill.
niznai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:41 PM   #3579
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 303
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jychow View Post
Hi. I believe you can still attach the front weight. This is how we do:



It is very important to attach the front Left&Right weight. It enhances the rear traction. Without them, the rear will be "loose".

Thanks for the pictures. I was using the servo saver that came with the kit, therefore there was no space for the 15gram weight. With the standard plastic servo horn, I can no see that there is room for the weight.

But is it not better and more safe to use the servo saver ?

What is pros and cons with the servo saver mounted ?
Shock Tower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:16 PM   #3580
Tech Elite
 
A Ilievski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: A.C.T (Australia)
Posts: 2,652
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by niznai View Post
Quick question, guys.

Do you need a special C-hub for the CVD joints? What is the part number for that?
Nope, you just need to take some material off the c hub for it to fit.
__________________
Alex Ilievski
*INFINITY * R1 WURKS * PLAIG BEARINGS* SPEEDY RC
A Ilievski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:05 AM   #3581
Tech Elite
 
kschu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kota Kinabalu,Sabah
Posts: 4,598
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to kschu
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock Tower View Post
Thanks for the pictures. I was using the servo saver that came with the kit, therefore there was no space for the 15gram weight. With the standard plastic servo horn, I can no see that there is room for the weight.

But is it not better and more safe to use the servo saver ?

What is pros and cons with the servo saver mounted ?
pros - servo internal gears wont break if hard crash
cons - servo response will be a little slower if compare with 1 pc servo horn eventhough u run high speed servo..
__________________
Give the best while u can !
kschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:52 PM   #3582
Tech Fanatic
 
OZDC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 930
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jychow View Post

It is very important to attach the front Left&Right weight. It enhances the rear traction. Without them, the rear will be "loose".
Is that so?

Can you please give more details.

Thanks

DC
OZDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:55 PM   #3583
Tech Elite
 
Yokomo_Ant3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,405
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZDC View Post
Is that so?

Can you please give more details.

Thanks

DC
What he said isnt correct. When you add weight to the front of the car, it makes the car more stable because there is more weight over the front wheels, making the car less resposive and more dosile to drive. The opposite for the rear. But if you add too much weight to the front of the car, the car may transfer its weight to the rear, making it inconsistant to drive. Its important to find what works for your car and track conditions. If you have too much steering the weight up front may work for you, if you need a little more add it to the rear. Thats what I have found anyway

HTH
__________________
Antoni Caretti

Team Yokomo - Racing Performer - Sweep Racing
Yokomo_Ant3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:06 PM   #3584
Tech Elite
 
defcone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,344
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yokomo_Ant3 View Post
What he said isnt correct. When you add weight to the front of the car, it makes the car more stable because there is more weight over the front wheels, making the car less resposive and more dosile to drive. The opposite for the rear. But if you add too much weight to the front of the car, the car may transfer its weight to the rear, making it inconsistant to drive. Its important to find what works for your car and track conditions. If you have too much steering the weight up front may work for you, if you need a little more add it to the rear. Thats what I have found anyway

HTH
It's sort of correct haha, if the car is more stable in the rear it gives the illusion of more rear grip.
defcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:51 PM   #3585
Tech Fanatic
 
OZDC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 930
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Thanks Ant.

DC
OZDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team Losi JRXS Kenshin Electric On-Road 13263 06-13-2016 04:39 PM
Yokomo MR4TC-BD mr.ng Electric On-Road 9094 02-05-2013 02:10 PM
Hey all, new to R/C Stin83 Electric On-Road 12 11-05-2005 10:29 AM
Is EP TC racing dying? Edwin Lee Malaysian R/C Racers 221 04-28-2005 12:46 AM
New 1/10 Touring Car ttektek Electric On-Road 63 03-21-2005 02:56 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:14 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net