R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-11-2012, 04:19 PM   #3421
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro_ryan View Post
Having a problem with my bd5 worlds on carpet , spool front and ball diff rear. After each 5 min run i keep finding the front wheelnuts loose on both sides, standard blue lightweight nyloc nuts and can't see any vibration?Tried different sets of wheels and tyres same thing happens.
Do i need some serrated nuts ? bearings worn?
Yeah new lock nuts or serrated ones will fix it. It could also be that the thread on the cvd is damaged in some way. Maybe check the cvd before putting new lock nuts on. Had a guy running a mini loose his front tire in two finals last week on the opening laps with a damaged thread.
Old 02-12-2012, 12:16 PM   #3422
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the input , i think i've found the problem, on full lock the wheels are just catching ,hence vibration and loosening nuts. Do you guys all use 0 offset wheels?
retro_ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 01:14 PM   #3423
Tech Apprentice

Right tried a set of 0 offset definetly not catching and still vibration on full lock?? No vibration with wheel off?? I can't seem to find the problem,annoying!
Old 02-12-2012, 03:14 PM   #3424
Tech Apprentice

I see it's a common problem with the spool on full lock solved by the Double Joint Universal Shafts.

I can get the spec-r version 2 ones straight away or is it worth waiting for the Yokomo/Arrowmax ones or both do the same job?
Old 02-12-2012, 04:34 PM   #3425
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Craig W Send a message via Skype™ to Craig W

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro_ryan View Post
I see it's a common problem with the spool on full lock solved by the Double Joint Universal Shafts.

I can get the spec-r version 2 ones straight away or is it worth waiting for the Yokomo/Arrowmax ones or both do the same job?
wait for yok or arrowmax 1s
Old 02-12-2012, 08:39 PM   #3426
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

been running the spec-r version 2 DCJ's and I can say that because it does not use grub screws, they are more reliable and I guess require less rebuilds than the Yokomo DCJ's or the spec-r version 1's.

My Yokomo DCJ's broke the 2nd day i used them (practice). The spec-r ones seem to be holding fine, and have used them already for practice days and a club race. So far so good
mikeygar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:06 AM   #3427
Tech Apprentice

Think i'll give the spec-r ones a go, never really noticed the problem as my other bd5 has a litemodz spool.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:38 PM   #3428
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeygar View Post
been running the spec-r version 2 DCJ's and I can say that because it does not use grub screws, they are more reliable and I guess require less rebuilds than the Yokomo DCJ's or the spec-r version 1's.

My Yokomo DCJ's broke the 2nd day i used them (practice). The spec-r ones seem to be holding fine, and have used them already for practice days and a club race. So far so good
If you use the Xray pins in the yoke DCJs and secure with heat shrink they'll be bulletproof
Old 02-13-2012, 10:34 PM   #3429
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ROBORAT

ive tried the spec-r ver.2 and litemodz driveshafts and would have to say the spec-r ver. 2 ones seem to do the job better. the litemods still have a tad bit of chatter at full lock from my experience plus the extra play coming from the slightly smaller pins on the drive cup end gives even more play. have yet to test the yoke ones but i have one on order. at first glance they look like a flimsy design and i can imagine how the grub screw assembly can become a problem. among all the double jointed driveshafts, seems the good 'ol Losi ones that came with the JRXS from years ago was the simplest (used shrink tubes to secure the pins) and just as effective.

let you guys know how things go with the yokomo ones.

http://www.hobbyhaven.com.my/
ROBORAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:38 PM   #3430
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to kschu

Anyone here heading titc next week??

i will be there on 21st february..Hope to see some of you there to share setups..
Old 02-13-2012, 10:45 PM   #3431
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBORAT View Post
ive tried the spec-r ver.2 and litemodz driveshafts and would have to say the spec-r ver. 2 ones seem to do the job better. the litemods still have a tad bit of chatter at full lock from my experience plus the extra play coming from the slightly smaller pins on the drive cup end gives even more play. have yet to test the yoke ones but i have one on order. at first glance they look like a flimsy design and i can imagine how the grub screw assembly can become a problem. among all the double jointed driveshafts, seems the good 'ol Losi ones that came with the JRXS from years ago was the simplest (used shrink tubes to secure the pins) and just as effective.

let you guys know how things go with the yokomo ones.
You forgot the price difference. I also found that the material on the spec-r tends to bend rather than snap, which I guess is a good thing.
defcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:07 PM   #3432
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschu View Post
Anyone here heading titc next week??

i will be there on 21st february..Hope to see some of you there to share setups..
Yep, a couple of Yoks running from OZ, make sure you get there nice and early and get a dialled setup bud,
Old 02-14-2012, 01:32 AM   #3433
Tech Regular

I have been using the spec-r ones for these past 2 months in bd5wxi. They have worked flawlessly to date.

Wanted to ask you guys what top camber link settings you are on when it comes to shims on the inner and outer end fr & rr. I mostly race on med grip asphalt with both fast corners and tight hairpins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by defcone View Post
You forgot the price difference. I also found that the material on the spec-r tends to bend rather than snap, which I guess is a good thing.
Pro Models is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:26 AM   #3434
Tech Apprentice

Ordered spec-r's and set of serrated nuts, will give feedback.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:03 PM   #3435
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Hey all you Yokomo TC racers, have you signed up to race your Yokomo at the 2012 ROAR Carpet Nationals coming up on March 16? Hurry up and register before time runs out! Click here to get signed up.

Click HERE to see a countdown to the 2012 ROAR Carpet Nationals
wwddww34 is offline   Reply With Quote