R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-22-2011, 07:13 PM   #2971
Tech Elite
 
kschu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kota Kinabalu,Sabah
Posts: 4,598
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to kschu
Default

Happy easter day everyone...
__________________
Give the best while u can !
kschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 10:00 AM   #2972
Tech Master
 
pcar951's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cow Town
Posts: 1,705
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

For all you guys running ECS style front drive shafts. The TC6 slipper spool fits easily in the BD5 with a little shimming. I ran the slipper spool all last carpet season, never broke a pin or bent a shaft. Might be worth a try if you're having problems.
pcar951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 01:22 PM   #2973
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 22
Default

Hi, I have one question for Ronald:

- What is your opinion about hudy setup system?
alejandrospeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 05:41 PM   #2974
Tech Adept
 
housey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: ENGLAND
Posts: 232
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Having a little problem guys, wonder if you can help.

I've just installed the Roche lightweight axles and they seem to be a bit long, as in they push the bones towards the centre of the car. This now means that the driveshaft blades push up against the inside of my geardiff outdrives and it binds up the whole thing as well as squashes and damages the blades themselves.

Has anyone else come across this same problem?
__________________
Chris Swallow - Team Yokomo - GM Racing - Ko Propo

Donny Racing - http://donnyracing.yolasite.com/forum.php

Poweeeeerrrrr!
housey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 03:34 AM   #2975
Tech Adept
 
altreyx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Milan, Italy
Posts: 139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschu View Post
Happy easter day everyone...
You too m8, and to all the other guys

Happy Easter!!
__________________
Yokomo BD7 - Yokomo R12C
Orca-Gm120
Reedy-Lrp
Helios EX10
altreyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 03:59 AM   #2976
Tech Addict
 
VintageFrog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: sa
Posts: 660
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by altreyx View Post
You too m8, and to all the other guys

Happy Easter!!
Happy Easter Guys,

From Tom Erceg and all the guys at AERCCC Down Under
VintageFrog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 06:02 AM   #2977
Tech Elite
 
Yokomo_Ant3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,405
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by housey View Post
Having a little problem guys, wonder if you can help.

I've just installed the Roche lightweight axles and they seem to be a bit long, as in they push the bones towards the centre of the car. This now means that the driveshaft blades push up against the inside of my geardiff outdrives and it binds up the whole thing as well as squashes and damages the blades themselves.

Has anyone else come across this same problem?
It wont be the Roche axles, the Yok blades just do that as they are such a soft plastic. You just have to keep replacing them frequantly. I went through sooooooooooo many at TITC haha.
__________________
Antoni Caretti

Team Yokomo - Racing Performer - Sweep Racing
Yokomo_Ant3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:13 AM   #2978
Tech Elite
 
SammyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New England
Posts: 3,045
Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)
Default

seriously? what ...do they break?
__________________
Hotbodies USA
SweepRacing USA
SammyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:53 AM   #2979
Tech Adept
 
housey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: ENGLAND
Posts: 232
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yokomo_Ant3 View Post
It wont be the Roche axles, the Yok blades just do that as they are such a soft plastic. You just have to keep replacing them frequantly. I went through sooooooooooo many at TITC haha.
Well something isn't right as its binding up the whole differential action. It didn't do it with the original axles. I matched them up with original axles and the distance between the wheel hex pin hole and the u/j joint holes is definitely longer on the roche axles. Its bad enough that its squashing the blades out and I've never actually run the car. Obviously if I increase the camber so its positive it moves the driveshafts out and it all frees up again. So the problem is definitely the length of the roche axles.
__________________
Chris Swallow - Team Yokomo - GM Racing - Ko Propo

Donny Racing - http://donnyracing.yolasite.com/forum.php

Poweeeeerrrrr!
housey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:13 AM   #2980
Tech Elite
 
defcone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,344
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by housey View Post
Well something isn't right as its binding up the whole differential action. It didn't do it with the original axles. I matched them up with original axles and the distance between the wheel hex pin hole and the u/j joint holes is definitely longer on the roche axles. Its bad enough that its squashing the blades out and I've never actually run the car. Obviously if I increase the camber so its positive it moves the driveshafts out and it all frees up again. So the problem is definitely the length of the roche axles.
Well the obvious solution is to go back to yokomo axles
defcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:04 AM   #2981
Tech Elite
 
defcone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,344
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by housey View Post
Well something isn't right as its binding up the whole differential action. It didn't do it with the original axles. I matched them up with original axles and the distance between the wheel hex pin hole and the u/j joint holes is definitely longer on the roche axles. Its bad enough that its squashing the blades out and I've never actually run the car. Obviously if I increase the camber so its positive it moves the driveshafts out and it all frees up again. So the problem is definitely the length of the roche axles.
Well the obvious solution is to go back to yokomo axles
defcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:21 AM   #2982
Tech Adept
 
housey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: ENGLAND
Posts: 232
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Good point, but some people on here must be using the roche axles and I don't hear them having the same problem. So they are doing something different to me and I'd like to know what.

TBH the more I look at it the more I think its the blades, those things stick out a long old way from the end of the bone. I don't have any blades on the front so there's no issues there.

Does anyone know of any different blades that fit. Xray, Associated, Schui?
__________________
Chris Swallow - Team Yokomo - GM Racing - Ko Propo

Donny Racing - http://donnyracing.yolasite.com/forum.php

Poweeeeerrrrr!
housey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 07:36 AM   #2983
Tech Elite
 
defcone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,344
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by housey View Post
Good point, but some people on here must be using the roche axles and I don't hear them having the same problem. So they are doing something different to me and I'd like to know what.

TBH the more I look at it the more I think its the blades, those things stick out a long old way from the end of the bone. I don't have any blades on the front so there's no issues there.

Does anyone know of any different blades that fit. Xray, Associated, Schui?
Maybe try filing some of the ends off.
defcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:09 AM   #2984
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 242
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by housey View Post
Good point, but some people on here must be using the roche axles and I don't hear them having the same problem. So they are doing something different to me and I'd like to know what.
TBH the more I look at it the more I think its the blades, those things stick out a long old way from the end of the bone. I don't have any blades on the front so there's no issues there.
Does anyone know of any different blades that fit. Xray, Associated, Schui?
I have similar problem, but with alu yokomo cardans, im sure are the blades. When compress the suspension, hits the bottom of diferential.
Normally, you can removed a litle material of blades, but this reduce the hardness, may reduce some material of the bottom of diff vessels, the Xray blades make good job, but the 3.5 mm (Ref. 30 5241).

Greetings, Luis C.
__________________
## NOSRAM ## YOKOMO BD5W ## BMI DB12RR+ ##
luic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:42 AM   #2985
Tech Master
 
pcar951's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cow Town
Posts: 1,705
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

I'm using TC6 blades, just have to enlarge the pin holes slightly, they're more durable that the Yokomo blades. Wonder if the others that are using Roche axles are running wider arms/holders?
pcar951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team Losi JRXS Kenshin Electric On-Road 13263 06-13-2016 04:39 PM
Yokomo MR4TC-BD mr.ng Electric On-Road 9094 02-05-2013 02:10 PM
Hey all, new to R/C Stin83 Electric On-Road 12 11-05-2005 10:29 AM
Is EP TC racing dying? Edwin Lee Malaysian R/C Racers 221 04-28-2005 12:46 AM
New 1/10 Touring Car ttektek Electric On-Road 63 03-21-2005 02:56 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:00 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net