R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-31-2011, 04:52 AM   #2881
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dameetz View Post
Ronald, do you usually use the 8mm steering center link? Also I ask this on last page regarding zero rebound shock, do you drill a hole on the top shock shaft to get zero rebound. I always see your car is using the longer rear stabilizer, what difference does it make compare to the stock one?

Thanks.

always 8mm center link because of more steering.
on carpet never, but sometimes on asphalt we are using a hole in the shock cap to get zero rebound as this feels easier and controllable to drive. recommend this more on low/medium traction.
about rear stablizer "kschu" was right..
R.Völker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 04:53 AM   #2882
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddd2k View Post
hi ronald what gear diff oil do you use?
I never tried dot 4 but like dot 1 on carpet as well. most of the time I use dot 2
R.Völker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:39 PM   #2883
Tech Addict
 
VintageFrog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: sa
Posts: 660
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Völker View Post
I never tried dot 4 but like dot 1 on carpet as well. most of the time I use dot 2
Whilst ojn the subject of gear diffs, I have noticed in some photos from the Tourer series that you are running Blue coloured outdrives for your gear diff, and not the standard silver outdrives that come supplied with the diff. Which model of car do the Blue outdrives belong too? I've been looking at replacing the standard items for various reasons including durability and clearance issues for the plastic blades.

Thanks
VintageFrog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:08 PM   #2884
Tech Elite
 
dameetz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: The Sky
Posts: 2,542
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschu View Post
According to Umino, the longer 'SD' style sway bar is a bit softer initially, and adjusts better to changes in surface condition, making it easier when setting up the car..

(from Team Yokomo)
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Völker View Post
always 8mm center link because of more steering.
on carpet never, but sometimes on asphalt we are using a hole in the shock cap to get zero rebound as this feels easier and controllable to drive. recommend this more on low/medium traction.
about rear stablizer "kschu" was right..
Thanks for the info Ronald and kschu.
__________________
Dudududududuuuuuu.....
dameetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:29 PM   #2885
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 721
Default

ronald...

1. why most of the time at asphalt u use camber front 1.5 rear 2.0... haven't u try f2.0, r2.5 or more/less...? need to know your feeling whenever u use other than f1.5 n r 2.0...
2. your favourite insert for sorex 36r at high temp track (noon)...? i was using speed mind medium grey but seem not work because always overheat my tire about 4-5laps...

thanc for relpy...
zamrioo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:00 PM   #2886
Tech Elite
 
kschu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kota Kinabalu,Sabah
Posts: 4,598
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to kschu
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamrioo2 View Post
ronald...

1. why most of the time at asphalt u use camber front 1.5 rear 2.0... haven't u try f2.0, r2.5 or more/less...? need to know your feeling whenever u use other than f1.5 n r 2.0...
2. your favourite insert for sorex 36r at high temp track (noon)...? i was using speed mind medium grey but seem not work because always overheat my tire about 4-5laps...

thanc for relpy...
maybe u can use 40R sorex tyres since your race didnt control tyre...

__________________
Give the best while u can !
kschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:25 PM   #2887
Tech Elite
 
Yokomo_Ant3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,405
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageFrog1 View Post
Whilst ojn the subject of gear diffs, I have noticed in some photos from the Tourer series that you are running Blue coloured outdrives for your gear diff, and not the standard silver outdrives that come supplied with the diff. Which model of car do the Blue outdrives belong too? I've been looking at replacing the standard items for various reasons including durability and clearance issues for the plastic blades.

Thanks
Thats a prototype diff from before the actual gear diff was realeased. The Blue alloy is the same material as the ball diff outdrives if im not mistaken.
__________________
Antoni Caretti

Team Yokomo - Racing Performer - Sweep Racing
Yokomo_Ant3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 04:20 AM   #2888
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageFrog1 View Post
Whilst ojn the subject of gear diffs, I have noticed in some photos from the Tourer series that you are running Blue coloured outdrives for your gear diff, and not the standard silver outdrives that come supplied with the diff. Which model of car do the Blue outdrives belong too? I've been looking at replacing the standard items for various reasons including durability and clearance issues for the plastic blades.

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yokomo_Ant3 View Post
Thats a prototype diff from before the actual gear diff was realeased. The Blue alloy is the same material as the ball diff outdrives if im not mistaken.

correct
R.Völker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 04:23 AM   #2889
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamrioo2 View Post
ronald...

1. why most of the time at asphalt u use camber front 1.5 rear 2.0... haven't u try f2.0, r2.5 or more/less...? need to know your feeling whenever u use other than f1.5 n r 2.0...
2. your favourite insert for sorex 36r at high temp track (noon)...? i was using speed mind medium grey but seem not work because always overheat my tire about 4-5laps...

thanc for relpy...

1.personally I use 1.5° all around. Maybe in some sheets 2.0° is listed when Umino set the car but I have no explanation why to use 2.0° instead of 1.5°

2.I have no experience with non-controlled tires actually so I can not recommend anything,sorry!
R.Völker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 07:30 AM   #2890
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 242
Default

Hello Ronald, thank you very much for your time, are very helpfull, well and Kschu, ... etc, thanks for your responses guys, this help a lot, more drivers around the world read here.

Ronald, next week is the 1st round of Nationals here, i run a setup pretty similar to your asphalt setup, i use 42.0 mm FF-FR, work best for me, sometimes change rear RC to 1 - 1 mm, instead 2 - 0.5 mm as you use in rear.

But sometimes i need more traction, especially when the heat gets too high, can you recommend to maintain traction? , hydraulic, additive ... i use MR+Xenon, with good results, ... the track is low grip, medium with water-sugar.

Thanks, Luis C.
__________________
## NOSRAM ## YOKOMO BD5W ## BMI DB12RR+ ##
luic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 04:25 AM   #2891
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by luic View Post
Hello Ronald, thank you very much for your time, are very helpfull, well and Kschu, ... etc, thanks for your responses guys, this help a lot, more drivers around the world read here.

Ronald, next week is the 1st round of Nationals here, i run a setup pretty similar to your asphalt setup, i use 42.0 mm FF-FR, work best for me, sometimes change rear RC to 1 - 1 mm, instead 2 - 0.5 mm as you use in rear.

But sometimes i need more traction, especially when the heat gets too high, can you recommend to maintain traction? , hydraulic, additive ... i use MR+Xenon, with good results, ... the track is low grip, medium with water-sugar.

Thanks, Luis C.

which tires are you using? I do like CS tire max additive which is similar to MR,sometimes also "LRP asphalt".
If you have to run in hot condition maybe you remove tire warmers quite early before the start (10-15minutes). but its in general not easy to find good traction in hot condition if track hasnt that much grip
R.Völker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 04:31 AM   #2892
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 22
Default

Hi Ronald,
In spain we use Jaco tyres (blue), and we also use the chassis of BD5-ws (not high-traction chassis)
alejandrospeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 01:43 AM   #2893
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 242
Default

Thanks, i like CS, too, i testing with tyre warmes, yesterday the car have good feeling, easy to drive and very good traction, the temperature at track are 44ºC.
I hope, have same feeling next week.

Alejandro, prepare your car, see you next week .

Regards, Luis C.
__________________
## NOSRAM ## YOKOMO BD5W ## BMI DB12RR+ ##
luic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:15 AM   #2894
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Fresno CA
Posts: 218
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Had my first run with the Yokomo! The car is super fast and tons of steering. I used Volker asphalt sorex 36 setup. I had only one problem the car was a bit twitchy for my liking is there a way to calm it down?
dex410usa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:05 AM   #2895
Tech Master
 
pcar951's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cow Town
Posts: 1,705
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

I found my WR a little twitchy too, here's some things that I've done to calm it down:
- less front camber
- raise the front roll center (.5 or 1mm shims)
- move some weight forward
- heavier shock oil all around
I also took a little steering out with exponential, to tame it just off center. Hope it helps, worked for me.
pcar951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team Losi JRXS Kenshin Electric On-Road 13263 06-13-2016 04:39 PM
Yokomo MR4TC-BD mr.ng Electric On-Road 9094 02-05-2013 02:10 PM
Hey all, new to R/C Stin83 Electric On-Road 12 11-05-2005 10:29 AM
Is EP TC racing dying? Edwin Lee Malaysian R/C Racers 221 04-28-2005 12:46 AM
New 1/10 Touring Car ttektek Electric On-Road 63 03-21-2005 02:56 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:30 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net