R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-24-2011, 05:20 PM   #2521
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

This should help!

I have been running a modified (IIRCC just drill the holes bigger) TC5 kydex bumper and hard foam and have yet to break on our 2"x4" barriers.

The belts will work, but while all the TC5/6 plastics look deceptively similar they are just different enough to not work...

Mike Slaughter
Attached Thumbnails
New Yokomo TC, the BD-5-bd_001w.jpg   New Yokomo TC, the BD-5-bd_001w_02.jpg  
masterhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 06:22 PM   #2522
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Tom & Matt - Thanks for your replies on thread. I know the type of track you race at . The CRC click track and 6-8 foot lanes can be tough on Touring Cars.

I don't know if you had any issues w/ your Spec-R BD-5 LCDs, but we've been seeing a bunch of challenges with them and that is the main reason I went out and created a spool cups for the TOP spool so we could start using the XRay ECS. Hopefully your luck w/ the Spec-R LCDs is better than mine, but I really cannot stand my equipment failing me on the track. A few weeks ago I TQ'd stock, and broke an LCD while lapping traffic at Horsham. I'm happy to know heading into Snowbirds (I'm at the airport now) that I'll have a rock solid drive train (along w/ those sturdy XRay C-Hubs and Steering blocks).

I think I've been able to take the best parts of the XRay car and mate them onto the TOP Photon. BD-5 and TC6 runners can now easily do this too -- www.sidepieceracing.com ... check them out.
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 06:30 PM   #2523
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to kschu

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
Tom & Matt - Thanks for your replies on thread. I know the type of track you race at . The CRC click track and 6-8 foot lanes can be tough on Touring Cars.

I don't know if you had any issues w/ your Spec-R BD-5 LCDs, but we've been seeing a bunch of challenges with them and that is the main reason I went out and created a spool cups for the TOP spool so we could start using the XRay ECS. Hopefully your luck w/ the Spec-R LCDs is better than mine, but I really cannot stand my equipment failing me on the track. A few weeks ago I TQ'd stock, and broke an LCD while lapping traffic at Horsham. I'm happy to know heading into Snowbirds (I'm at the airport now) that I'll have a rock solid drive train (along w/ those sturdy XRay C-Hubs and Steering blocks).

I think I've been able to take the best parts of the XRay car and mate them onto the TOP Photon. BD-5 and TC6 runners can now easily do this too -- www.sidepieceracing.com ... check them out.
i wonder is xray ecs can fit into bd5?
Old 01-24-2011, 09:06 PM   #2524
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgmeat View Post
Thanks are u going to birds? Is so good luck.
Not this year unfortanitly, new job can't get the time off.
Not sure if anyone is interested, I have bd5w that I'm looking to get rid of. Ceramic bearings, ceramic diff balls, titanium screws, bunch of parts, bomber belts, titanium shock shafts and all sway bars. Car has only been driven on carpet. I know there's more I'm missing. Pm me if interested.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:14 PM   #2525
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschu View Post
i wonder is xray ecs can fit into bd5?
Yes they will... but who will be the first?
the spec-r LCD shafts are equivalent in size to a 51mm xray (if they made such a thing). I cannot remember with width of the top spool with my outdrives but I will measure it tomorrow. I know its 1.5mm bigger than "stock".

If someone provides the width of their current spool we will know nearly everything we need to (I have a feeling I might of found out that number in December as I was designing the part).
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:52 PM   #2526
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The Xray ECS will not fit he BD5W, two things to consider the C-Hub and the ball end part of the drive shaft is too big to fit inside the BD5W outdrives, I tried the Photon spool outdrives it doesn't fit either.
ddd2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:43 PM   #2527
Tech Adept

Hi everyone. We've been working closely with Litemodz over the past few weeks and we are very close to being able to release a version of their CVS driveshaft that will fit the standard BD5 hubs perfectly. Have a look at;

http://www.litemodz.com/product_info...formation.html

We'll have confirmation on price and availability later this week. If you're interested, or want any further information, please pm me or e-mail [email protected]
university_dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:48 AM   #2528
Tech Elite

Just got my BD5 WR today....hopefully I can finish building it before this weekend so that I can test and race it straight away this Sunday.My local track is medium grip asphalt, which chassis will suit this type of track surface condition? the one that has got many holes or the other one? also if you have any good base set-up pls post it too.

Thanks.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:36 AM   #2529
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to kschu

Quote:
Originally Posted by university_dave View Post
Hi everyone. We've been working closely with Litemodz over the past few weeks and we are very close to being able to release a version of their CVS driveshaft that will fit the standard BD5 hubs perfectly. Have a look at;

http://www.litemodz.com/product_info...formation.html

We'll have confirmation on price and availability later this week. If you're interested, or want any further information, please pm me or e-mail [email protected]
i thought they already have for BD5??
Old 01-25-2011, 01:56 AM   #2530
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by dameetz View Post
Just got my BD5 WR today....hopefully I can finish building it before this weekend so that I can test and race it straight away this Sunday.My local track is medium grip asphalt, which chassis will suit this type of track surface condition? the one that has got many holes or the other one? also if you have any good base set-up pls post it too.

Thanks.

you should finish the building in few hours,
i havn't got a problem!

for asphalt the recommended chassis in the one "holed" which gives you more flexibility and more grip on a surface, the asphalt, which has not as grip as carpet.
and you should drive ball diff, but you can test even gear diff as someone sad before it seems to be very good too!

good luck keep us posted!
- Sanwa m11x
- Pitshark.it
jackdani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 02:01 AM   #2531
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdani View Post
no, it has to be the same,
when you tape you have to fix the front-to-back tape as you have the battery in holes, than you tape the others way little bit behind...the battery should be always in the same inner position as you have the 20g weight!

btw i m from italy...i supposed you where from europe as US user now are seeping!!
Hi,

allright, thanks a lot, I understand, I used to think only to tape at the vetical of the hole, but when I go out of the hole with the tape, I can go a little bit inside then put the battery on the tape and finish taping it, so the battery will be placed as if the 20g weight were there.
Nico' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:32 AM   #2532
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddd2k View Post
The Xray ECS will not fit he BD5W, two things to consider the C-Hub and the ball end part of the drive shaft is too big to fit inside the BD5W outdrives, I tried the Photon spool outdrives it doesn't fit either.
With the outdrives from side piece racing you can use the Top spool and Xray ecs in the Yokomo, the outdrives where designed for the larger Xray shaft end. You will need to use Xray c hubs also.
matt rem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:52 AM   #2533
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Cuffs View Post
Not this year unfortanitly, new job can't get the time off.
Not sure if anyone is interested, I have bd5w that I'm looking to get rid of. Ceramic bearings, ceramic diff balls, titanium screws, bunch of parts, bomber belts, titanium shock shafts and all sway bars. Car has only been driven on carpet. I know there's more I'm missing. Pm me if interested.
dawgmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:24 AM   #2534
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Whats parts do i need to use X-ray ECS drive shafts?
dawgmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:55 PM   #2535
Tech Regular

Hi,

Interested in getting one of these which one is the lipo version where is the best place to get one as I'm in the UK ?

I run 13.5 on carpet and asphalt is there anything that needs changing on it, front one way etc ?

Is there an english manual online and a basic setup ?

Thanks.
S.A.W is offline   Reply With Quote