R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-07-2010, 08:25 AM   #1846
Tech Elite
 
Yokomo_Ant3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,405
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchu View Post
I am using the setup that you publish and 35w oil schumacher and tires LRP VTEC 30x
go 45 or 50wt oil
__________________
Antoni Caretti

Team Yokomo - Racing Performer - Sweep Racing
Yokomo_Ant3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 08:38 AM   #1847
Tech Elite
 
kschu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kota Kinabalu,Sabah
Posts: 4,598
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to kschu
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yokomo_Ant3 View Post
go 45 or 50wt oil
go 60wt!
__________________
Give the best while u can !
kschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 03:03 PM   #1848
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: argentina
Posts: 52
Default for antoni or kschu

I have 500 and 550.600 of mugen, which I recommend, the ambient temperature is over 30 degrees
manchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 04:03 PM   #1849
Tech Fanatic
 
hotdognobun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 823
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Gear Diff

So anyone know if J-Spec will be making a gear diff for a bd5?
hotdognobun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 07:12 PM   #1850
Tech Elite
 
kschu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kota Kinabalu,Sabah
Posts: 4,598
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to kschu
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdognobun View Post
So anyone know if J-Spec will be making a gear diff for a bd5?
jspec?? or u mean spec-R? ?

i will making my own geardiff for bd5 soon by using NT1 rear geardiff.....
__________________
Give the best while u can !
kschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 10:53 PM   #1851
Tech Fanatic
 
hotdognobun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 823
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschu View Post
jspec?? or u mean spec-R? ?

i will making my own geardiff for bd5 soon by using NT1 rear geardiff.....
thx for the correction! let us know hownit runs
hotdognobun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 12:56 AM   #1852
Tech Elite
 
Yokomo_Ant3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,405
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchu View Post
I have 500 and 550.600 of mugen, which I recommend, the ambient temperature is over 30 degrees
Go 500 and see how it feels, if the car is overheating tyres go thicker oil. Only way to know is to test it
__________________
Antoni Caretti

Team Yokomo - Racing Performer - Sweep Racing
Yokomo_Ant3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 01:20 AM   #1853
Tech Master
 
mikeygar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,200
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

since we're talking about oil, which brand suits the yokomo shocks the best?
mikeygar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 01:41 AM   #1854
Tech Elite
 
kschu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kota Kinabalu,Sabah
Posts: 4,598
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to kschu
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeygar View Post
since we're talking about oil, which brand suits the yokomo shocks the best?
any brand will do...i will go for cheapest oil...
__________________
Give the best while u can !
kschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:33 AM   #1855
Tech Addict
 
Barry White's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: HEAVEN
Posts: 720
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dual Fuel View Post
I actually totally agree with you. When I did my Mechanical theory at trade school we did a whole chapter on springs and yes Progressive springs are supposed to be tighter coiled either at one end or both. At least in the full-size world!
I was told by some-one at the last worlds who was told by an X-Factory Yokomo driver that the Yokomo springs were progressive.
Maybe they are not!! Perhaps Martin could jump in here and put the record strait.

I guess what really matters is how they perform for each of us but it would be nice to know for sure!
I could be wrong but here's what I think:
There are different linear coiled springs that for example read 200gr at 1cm compression. From those springs the are some with fewer/more winds or a smaller/bigger diameter. Although the winds are parallel to each other one spring will have for example 100gr @ 0.5cm, 200gr @ 1cm, 300gr @ 2cm and an other will have 75gr @ 0.5cm, 200gr @ 1cm, 325gr @ 2cm. So people will say one is more progressive becouse it gets harder compared to an other spring although spring rates stay linear and is something completely different than a real progressive spring with different coils.
Barry White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 01:12 PM   #1856
Tech Adept
 
altreyx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Milan, Italy
Posts: 139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry White View Post
I could be wrong but here's what I think:
There are different linear coiled springs that for example read 200gr at 1cm compression. From those springs the are some with fewer/more winds or a smaller/bigger diameter. Although the winds are parallel to each other one spring will have for example 100gr @ 0.5cm, 200gr @ 1cm, 300gr @ 2cm and an other will have 75gr @ 0.5cm, 200gr @ 1cm, 325gr @ 2cm. So people will say one is more progressive becouse it gets harder compared to an other spring although spring rates stay linear and is something completely different than a real progressive spring with different coils.
i agree on what you say but i find really hard build a spring with a different diameter because a spring is build working on a single steel (thin) bar. I have the HPI springs and the Yokomo ones. I was looking at the coil diameter and is not changing, every coil has the same diameter.
At the end I think that there is a misunderstanding on what PRO means on Yokomo springs... could be PROfessional?..don't know.
For me this link explain well what a "progressive spring" is, http://www.tuninglinx.com/html/suspension-springs.html
I use HPI and Yokomo springs and I found the HPI ones better in Indoor tracks while Yokomo, for me, are a little bit better for our Outdoor tracks.

May be Martin will enlighten us about this
__________________
Yokomo BD7 - Yokomo R12C
Orca-Gm120
Reedy-Lrp
Helios EX10
altreyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 01:17 PM   #1857
Tech Addict
 
Barry White's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: HEAVEN
Posts: 720
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by altreyx View Post
i agree on what you say but i find really hard build a spring with a different diameter because a spring is build working on a single steel (thin) bar. I have the HPI springs and the Yokomo ones. I was looking at the coil diameter and is not changing, every coil has the same diameter.
At the end I think that there is a misunderstanding on what PRO means on Yokomo springs... could be PROfessional?..don't know.
For me this link explain well what a "progressive spring" is, http://www.tuninglinx.com/html/suspension-springs.html
I use HPI and Yokomo springs and I found the HPI ones better in Indoor tracks while Yokomo, for me, are a little bit better for our Outdoor tracks.

May be Martin will enlighten us about this
The springs I am talkin' about are perfectly linear. By the the dia I mean the spring dia (Tamiya is 13mm and a bit and most others are 14mm) and not the wire dia becouse then you WOULD have a progressive spring.
Barry White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 06:17 PM   #1858
Tech Regular
 
dsyed1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 341
Default

so where can one buy a yokomo bd-5 kit and parts? teamyokomo.com did not seem very helpfull... are there any other sites that I can look at?

thanks!
dsyed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 06:27 PM   #1859
Tech Master
 
Me_MrTyson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,802
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Me_MrTyson Send a message via Skype™ to Me_MrTyson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsyed1 View Post
so where can one buy a yokomo bd-5 kit and parts? teamyokomo.com did not seem very helpfull... are there any other sites that I can look at?

thanks!

I got my one from here..

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/rc-yok...s-p-31297.html

and got my spares from

http://rcmarket.com.hk/index.php?cPath=51_98_116_246

&

http://www.rc-mushroom.com/index.php?cPath=36_382


Hope this help and I did not take all the spares
__________________
Team losi racing // v-dezign // black diamond
Me_MrTyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 01:10 AM   #1860
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: argentina
Posts: 52
Default for antoni or kschu

and how I overheat when the tires, what is the correct working temperature of a tire if it is 30 degrees air temperature and 40 degrees alphalto greetings
manchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team Losi JRXS Kenshin Electric On-Road 13263 06-13-2016 04:39 PM
Yokomo MR4TC-BD mr.ng Electric On-Road 9094 02-05-2013 02:10 PM
Hey all, new to R/C Stin83 Electric On-Road 12 11-05-2005 10:29 AM
Is EP TC racing dying? Edwin Lee Malaysian R/C Racers 221 04-28-2005 12:46 AM
New 1/10 Touring Car ttektek Electric On-Road 63 03-21-2005 02:56 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:43 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net