R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Getting stock motors to go well, making winners!!! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/27857-getting-stock-motors-go-well-making-winners.html)

xray racer 11-17-2003 08:48 PM

Getting stock motors to go well, making winners!!!

hey everyone
i was wondering if someone could give me some tips on g etting these motors to go better, and the ideal gear ratios for them:

1: Trinity Monster Horsepower Pro
2: Matrix v10
3: P2K2
4: P2k- fantom tuned

if you could give me some tips on getting those motors to perform at their best please let me know
the tracks i race on are big and flowing and also tight and small

i have a major race meeting coming up at a small tight track with a really tight infield, so smaller track help would be more appropriate now, but i also need info for larger faster tracks

any help would be great
thanx
robbie lloyd

jrighter 11-17-2003 09:01 PM

I assume you are running an EVO2 or a T1r. First off, get 128T Kimbrough spur and the 1.77 pully set. I would stick with the monster for most tracks.
Tight tracks= stick with a .95-1.02 rollout.
motor= run either red+/red- springs or Purple+/Red- (just depends on how much torque you want). Putnam green brush on negative with trailing edge trimmed, blue on postive with trailing edge trimmed. That should get you in the ballpark. With a P2k2 or P2k run a 769 on the postive (767 with a hole) and a trinity E brush on the negative. Don't take anything off the trailing edges of the brushes. Same spring combo but gear up 2-3 teeth on the pinion.

Large tracks= 1.08-1.16 rollout. Same brush combos on both but run a red postive spring and green negative spring regarless.

I'm sure you will get a million different opinions but these seem to work best for me. Good luck!

Cole Trickle 11-18-2003 07:05 AM

It might not be nessecary to mention, but remember cleaning, oiling and comm cut. If you got the tool, align the brush hood. That makes a huge difference, as far as I understand.

I believe the choise of motor, depends quite a lot on personal driving style - unless you're able to adapt to the proper motor for the track.

Fuzzy 11-18-2003 07:33 AM

One more tip. After you cut the comm, run a ball point pen along the three cuts in the comm to smooth the edges. Before you put the arm back in the can, try reaming the bushings with a .125" reamer. Do it by hand, nice and easy. Use constant, light pressure while turning the reamer clockwise. It's amazing what a difference this makes.:D

BigDogRacing 11-18-2003 07:41 AM

If you are using a metric rollout and need to convert to inches to compare with what these guys are telling you, just multiply your metric rollout by .0394 and you will have the equivalent in inches.(25.25*.0394=.995) By the same token, if you want to convert the standard rollout to metric, simply divide the standard rollout by .0394. (1.02/.0394=25.88)

Hope this helps!!