R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Sponsor Drivers (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/27852-sponsor-drivers.html)

flbugboy 11-17-2003 07:22 PM

Sponsor Drivers

I'm writing this to say that I'm tried of supporting sponsor r/c driver who
are cry-baby and show poor sportmanship. Who has no time for racers
and wants club racers to move out of there way.
I'll not buy products from company who sponsor this type of driver and hope
more people do the same!

lmunno 11-17-2003 07:28 PM

Hi, Check your PM's

flbugboy 11-17-2003 07:35 PM

PM

What are PM's?

Corey Bernardo 11-17-2003 07:40 PM

Dont you think that you are over reacting just a tade? Do you honestly think that just because you have had a bad expierance with sponsored drivers, that doesnt mean you have to put us all in a category and catergorize us as "cry-babies". lol :)

lmunno 11-17-2003 07:42 PM

Private Messages (go to control panel)

pro3racer 11-17-2003 07:50 PM

hey corey, your sponsored, good job. Sponsored drivers earn every penny of merchandise by out driving there competition. About bugboy- maybe you got lucky and got in the same heat as a sponsor guy, and was stinking up the place, and if thats the case, get out of the way. A driver, at club races, doesn't really need to sell his product, because most people at the track know him, and know his product. If hes sponsored, and races there, i bet his product is there too. I race with sponsored guys too, and if i'm having a bad race, i take it carefull around them on the track. And i know what company they represent, and i try there product, sure makes them faster, thats one way of selling a product, giving proof on the track. If they are mean to you, let it go, i bet you have been mean to somebody too, everybody has, so let it go, just think if you were sponsored, would you be willing to help every person out, every time. Just think about it.

flbugboy 11-17-2003 08:00 PM

Sponsor Driver

If you have a person who is showing your product you need that person to be good for the company!

Randy Caster 11-17-2003 08:18 PM

I have seen some drivers that dont support their product well, but when I'm at the track, I'll try to help everyone who asks me a question. I am fortunate enough to race at a place that has a lot of other sponsored drivers, and the racers that are just getting into the hobby have pretty good track edicate, 99% of the time when I come up on someone, they will go a little wide so I can slip in on the inside. There are always the people that will try to race and block, and if they get bumped, it's propably because they dont drive a consistant enough line to where I know what they'll do in the next corner...

JusBox 11-17-2003 08:18 PM

Re: Sponsor Driver

Originally posted by flbugboy
If you have a person who is showing your product you need that person to be good for the company!
That's true but competitive nature tends to bring out the worst in people. I doubt you'd be friendly 24/7 if you're under stress to perform on a consistent basis.

SOuthernFRIED 11-17-2003 08:23 PM

I think there is a growing problem at club races.That problem is the loose throwing of the term hacker.Some guys think they deserve a 2 ft cushion around the track and if you invade their space your hacking them.I get so annoyed listening to this childish ranting.Some guys have off days.Some guys are on a steep learning curve.Show some respect and let them be.Who cares if they bump you once or accidentally cut you off.It is a toy car! These are the types that keep our sport from growing.I know many people who would love to race their toys ,but they are intimidated by the jerks that yell hacker everytime they take a bump.I think personality goes along way in this.How can you be arrogant about your skills driving at a club race.This is suppossed to be fun for everyone.I always have a crowd at my tent.If you hear laughter it's guys having fun.I race off-road and on-road.I have never complained about hacking...So if you see my tent come hang out; if ya hack me... well try not to do it again.People that go ballistic over this should go play elsewhere.

BigDogRacing 11-17-2003 08:23 PM

Re: Sponsor Drivers

Originally posted by flbugboy
I'm writing this to say that I'm tried of supporting sponsor r/c driver who
are cry-baby and show poor sportmanship.

Me too!!!

Who has no time for racers
and wants club racers to move out of there way.

Well, actually I'm tired of them not moving out of my way!!! :lol::lol::eek: :nod: :cool: ;) :D

Chill bro, this is supposed to be for fun. I get a little heated myself sometimes, at least until I remember the reason I race... FOR FUN~~!!!

R/C Anonymous 11-17-2003 08:25 PM

i get the "block"move all the time when im racing ...it suxors...lol:smile: :lol:

ScottyP 11-17-2003 08:51 PM

I hate to say it, but flbugboy has a point.

Some sponsored drivers behave very poorly and this reflects equally poorly on their sponsors. Companies need to understand that the value of sponsorship is far greater than the on-track performance of the racer being sponsored.

Simlarly, drivers need to understand that the value they are capable of delivering back to their sponsors is far greater than just their on-track performance. An example being Josh Cyrul... I've never met him, let alone seen him race, but I see him on this board all the time helping people out and this reflects back on his sponsors very positively (congrats to XRay, Fantom and SMC!).

Sure there are often tremendous pressures being sponsored at an elite level, but that's no excuse for poor sportmanship and behaviour.

I recall at the 1997 Off Road Worlds at the Ranch Pit Shop that a large number of the Team Associated crew would cheer and clap whenever Kinwald, Francis or any of the other Losi drivers crashed. This is very poor in my book.

I'm not suggesting the Losi drivers were any better (although I don't remember them clapping and cheering), but this left a bad taste in my mouth about TA. If that's how 'Team' Associated conducts itself, is that really a 'Team' I want to be a part of?

Not sure if that kind of stuff still goes on in the States... being from Australia makes it hard (read expensive!) to get to big international races!

Scotty

tmunno 11-17-2003 09:04 PM

Guys I race every weekend with bugboy, he is with out a doubt one of the fairest people you could ever meet. He has helped everyone at our track regardless of what they needed!!! He has given more parts to people that needed help then any other 6 people combined. He runs every state race, the Snowbirds and drives 60 miles each way to race with us on Sunday. I have never seen this man get mad at any of us for bumping/banging/or wrecking with him...He is the first one to tell you its toy cars for bowling ball trophies. If he is pissed about something he must have a damn good reason for it..Now next question what was a factory guy doing in the Cmain???? they are good enough to drive around most of us. Don't know how many entrys were there , but average is 60/70. Maybe the sponsored guy wasn't happy about being in the Cmain insted of the A.

Jon Kerr 11-17-2003 09:19 PM

But that's one guy. You can't lump all sponsored drivers together like that.