R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-18-2003, 03:27 PM   #31
Tech Addict

Send a message via ICQ to Cobra81li200

To me it seems easy !

Whether sponsored or not, if you're being lapped, that's it, let the leader pass. There is low chances you can pass him after that (if he laps you in a 5 minutes race, he's obviously much faster than you or you missed your run, which means this run is lost for you) and he can be the "rabbit" for you for some corners, if not to say laps, so maybe you'll win some time.

Oh, and a lot of people do forget they have brakes... Last saturday, in the A main, I've been hit in the back twice by the same car. I was in the middle of the corner and he just arrived too fast, and hit my back. As it was on wooden floor with poor grip, I had a back end and lost a lot of time. The second time he hit me, I just told him to stop that and he didn't touch me again, hopefully... Now in the same heat, I went into traffic, and lapped quite a lot of cars, but I know how to use my brakes and I did not touch any other car.

When you're behind a car, faster, slower or just as fast as you, you are just not supposed to touch that car. Otherwise why does Novak, LRP and so continues putting brakes on their speedos ?
Cobra81li200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 05:18 PM   #32
Tech Initiate

I'm new to this forum thing, but it's time to add my two cents...

Iíve always believed in the old fashion "golden rule". You know, treat others as you would like to be treated. I'm always very courteous if someone is lapping me, so on the few occasions that I have the honor of doing the lapping; I expect the same in return. If not, I like to enforce what I call the "two lap rule". That is, if you're not out of my way in two laps, well... you will be! heh, heh

(Iíve seen a truck with a ďgot-pezĒ license plate at the track I race at, but Iím not too sure who that isÖ)
kklemmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 07:55 PM   #33
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Unhappy Sponsor Drivers

This has nothing to do with being lapped. It is a about being good for the
hobby!And I'm not saying that all sponsor driver are bad! I'm saying it is
time for R/C company to stop sponsoring people who are not good for the
hobby! And if you are a person who forget it is a hobby(FOR FUN) and is
a cry-baby with bad sportmanship which drivers for a R/C company then
I'm not going to buy your product!!
flbugboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 08:53 PM   #34
Tech Fanatic

hey, i know it's a hobby, but to me it's a sport, and like me, some people take it seriously. While at races, when my friends are foolin around at the arcade, i'm tuning my motor. I like to treat every race as if its the worlds, and if i win, i finally get a sponsorship(hey, i can dream), thats one way of getting better, put youself in a position, and test yourself to perform.
pro3racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 08:59 PM   #35
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Yeah, its a hobby, but once you goto the races and plunk down the fee to race, then it becomes a sport because now your competing against other people who have the same interest in you.
Old 11-18-2003, 10:49 PM   #36
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Yeah your competing..you want to win...get better...that is really not the point of all this.YOu should not belittle your competition or become and outright jerk because of your desire to compete or your lack of success.The great ones compete fairly and gracefully showing kindness to the kids asking the same question 100's of times.Showing respect for their fellow races and trying to help them if they need it.
There is nothing like having some first time kid come ask you to help them.Then having them come back with a smile on their face because you solved their problem.Seeing them get better with a sliver of your precious competitive time.Growing our sport because someone ask you how to get into this hobby and you didn't blow them off.You actually gave them some of your scant time to answer their questions.This is what makes our hobby grow not arrogance and cut to the quick no time for you answers.
I feel better knowing I have brought a new face to a track or having some kids mom or dad come by and say thanks you really helped my boy and I appreciate it.These are the reasons I race.When I win I feel lucky that day..When I take time to help others I feel good about myself...
SOuthernFRIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 12:15 AM   #37
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

I think the original poster's point is something along the lines of, don't support a company that sponsors somebody who might be fast, but is a jerk.

I don't think many (or any) companies like sponsoring racers who don't treat other racers with respect. Sponsoring is all about marketing, and having a jerk marketing your products is a bad idea.
Old 11-19-2003, 12:27 AM   #38
R/C Tech Founder

And on the etiquette issue, it all depends on the situation. At a big event or a foreign track, if I am down a lap and the leader(s) are behind me, I'm pulling wide to let them by in every case.

But if I'm racing at my local club, and the heat is 5 or 6 guys who I race with every week, I'm battling every person on the track and they are battling me, regardless of position. If I'm coming up on a lapped guy, I expect him to race me, since that's what we're there for. Maybe it's different in other locales, but around here, most everybody knows each other and we know who is fast and who isn't, and we try to have a good time.
Old 11-19-2003, 01:38 AM   #39
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by futureal
But if I'm racing at my local club, and the heat is 5 or 6 guys who I race with every week, I'm battling every person on the track and they are battling me, regardless of position. If I'm coming up on a lapped guy, I expect him to race me, since that's what we're there for. Maybe it's different in other locales, but around here, most everybody knows each other and we know who is fast and who isn't, and we try to have a good time.
That's exactely the same as my track, why go to the races if your not going to race anybody.
fatdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 07:57 AM   #40
Tech Adept

kklemmo: I'm they guy with the GOTPEZ plates on my truck. Man, I guess I can't hide anywhere now!!!! ;-)