R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree17Likes

Old 07-10-2007, 02:16 PM   #346
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

anybody have a Tuned F201 they want to sell?
email me w/pics and details at [email protected]

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 05:52 PM   #347
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to ford_racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc-zombies View Post
anybody have a Tuned F201 they want to sell?
email me w/pics and details at [email protected]
PM Monaro_Racing, he has one for sale
ford_racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 05:57 PM   #348
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford_racing View Post
PM Monaro_Racing, he has one for sale
Thanks!..
looks like Monaro_Racing is from Australia..
want to find somebody in the states..so I don't have to pay overseas shipping which can be very costly...

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:08 AM   #349
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to idwurks Send a message via Yahoo to idwurks

Guys, is MLP still around?? Is he stocking bodies anymore?? I tried to get a hold of him on here I think - and no response.
idwurks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:30 AM   #350
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfreeb View Post
I have a F201 made about 10 laps with it to make sure it was running good. Has a Monster Stock motor and Z590 servo and extra set of springs. $100.00 plus shipping
I take Pay-Pal U.S.A. and Canada delivery only.
PM me if interested
ygpm
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 12:51 PM   #351
Tech Rookie

Default F201 conversion

Hello Guys,

Just wanted to share something I did over the last year and a half or so. I'm a big F1 fan so when the F201 came out I was stoked. And I was hoping this would be the beginning of new era of F1 rc cars, hop ups, line extensions, etc. Of course we all know what happened there. It started dying a slow death! I was dissapointed, because the touring car kits where getting all the cool stuff. And just like real F1, the cars have to get better, improve, evolve. So after some early experimentation, converting a 414 to fit F201 bodies, I decided to give myself a project: convert a TB EVO4 to fit F201 bodies and tires. So first I did some experimentation to see how I could make the F1 tires, that have a smaller diameter than touring wheels, fit the uprights. With some help from a dremel and some machining I got that to work.

As you can see this has touring car wheelbase, and won't fit an F201 body. So I had to go into CAD, build all the Tamiya OEM parts and some custom ones to stretch the wheelbase by 10mm. Make sure everything fits, with a low enough profile to fit the F210 body.

So I sent the new bottom and top carbon plate CAD drawings to Penguin RC and they cut a set for me. I machined some custom parts out of aluminum and put it together.

I put the servo in front (a trick I copied from a former co-worker of mine, formula 1 is all about taking the best from the competition!). It worked okay, but steering was just not as tight as I would have liked it. And it did make the servo more vulnerable. I must have tried 4 different front suspension set-ups. Also I tried for the longest time to make the EVO 4 A-arms work in front. But the modified uprights just didn't gel with the F1 wheels. So I decided to go back to the F201 uprights and make my own aluminum lower A-arm that fit the EVO4 chassis but alos fit the F201 upright. This seems to be the best solution.

I also went with a mini servo, as a regular servo is just too big to fit with an F1 body. The current front upper I-arms are a weak point in aluminum, so ideally I would like to make those better (like proper A-arms). But sadly not a lot of people run f1 rc anymore, and no way this car will make into any Tamiya sanctioned event! Also I was dissapointed when KO PROPO didn't have an F1 class anymore, where one could run something more experimental, with LiPo batteries. If you are interseted in seeing more pictures, let me know.

Pfunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 04:23 PM   #352
Tech Elite

My hero! Man where you been! We did the same thing on a Traxxas 4-tec here to use as an introduction type car to get people to race F1. It worked pretty good even as a stocker. If you want cool wheels and tires that are a direct fit check out the Tamiya F103GT on Tower hobbies and look at the "also bought" section. HPI make very cool retro 5 spoke wheels with matching tires that fit touring and work great on F201 cars. You can see them on most of the F1 display cars at www.mlpmotorsports.net . And yes, MLP is coming back after that horrible year of health problems with lot's of new cars and stuff. He does not use these forums anymore since everyone ganged up on him after the heart attack
We have a whole series here in the south for F1 that is very popular. We also have the next Builders Cup race coming to Carbondale,IL in December. And an F1 Jamboree coming to Calhoun, GA soon, Lots of F1 going on here and getting stronger every race.
mxrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 06:58 PM   #353
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxrich View Post
My hero! Man where you been! We did the same thing on a Traxxas 4-tec here to use as an introduction type car to get people to race F1. It worked pretty good even as a stocker. If you want cool wheels and tires that are a direct fit check out the Tamiya F103GT on Tower hobbies and look at the "also bought" section. HPI make very cool retro 5 spoke wheels with matching tires that fit touring and work great on F201 cars. You can see them on most of the F1 display cars at www.mlpmotorsports.net . And yes, MLP is coming back after that horrible year of health problems with lot's of new cars and stuff. He does not use these forums anymore since everyone ganged up on him after the heart attack
We have a whole series here in the south for F1 that is very popular. We also have the next Builders Cup race coming to Carbondale,IL in December. And an F1 Jamboree coming to Calhoun, GA soon, Lots of F1 going on here and getting stronger every race.
Thanks man! I've visited MLP several times, we excahnged some emails early on. I'm glad there is still some love for F1 where you are, here in SoCal it's tough to find. That's why I converted a TA-05 to fit the Lemans bodies http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...47#post3466747 I didn't know about his health problems, I'll have to visit the site again.
Pfunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:48 AM   #354
Tech Adept

Default F201 competition still lives!!!

Hi all you die hard F1 fans (F201) drivers.

My name is Will. I am with Over Geared Racing. We are having a R/C Summer Smack Down here in Vancouver Canada on August 18-19.

Any F201 Drivers from the Pacific North West you are more than welcome to come and compete. Heck if you are international and happen to be in the Vancouver BC...why not join us.

http://www.overgearedracing.com/Gall...ackdown-p1.jpg

So far we have about nine confirmed Drivers

The Rules for F201. Pretty much Open. Tires, Batteries (lipos allowed) and a Spec 19T motor. And one more thing. F201 plastic chassis only.

If you are interested, you can get more information on the Smack Down Thread

http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=169973

or

http://www.overgearedracing.com/

Or you can Pm me.

F201 still alive and strong!!!

Will

Over Geared Racing.
pac-man808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 04:40 PM   #355
Tech Addict

Default setup help needed

Hi All,

I'm having problem with the car spinning out when apply throttle during corner exit. I'm not applying too much throttle; have checked and rebuilt the diffs (front and rear); and did not hit anything. Pretty much it happens after I slow down to enter a corner and spins out after applying throttle during exit.

I got medium springs front and soft at rear, same issue whether using A's or B's. Got to have this resolve so I can join the next big race
f2000racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 05:08 PM   #356
Tech Elite

Try a little more ride height in the rear with the pushrods. A little will tell a lot if the frame is squatting. Mine did the same and that cured it. I switched to the MLP car and it did it also but not as bad. It came with stiffer springs and I just put a little more tension on them...back to racing! When and where is the next big race? Ours is in December with the builders cup for F1. Very cool race. Give me any info on this since we are trying to put together a national F1 event in 2008. We want to know how everyone runs the races to get a standard everybody can use. Here in the South we run 2wd and 4wd F1's together. 2wd w/stock motors and 4'wd's with down to 19T. Two classes, 6 and 4-cell with the same rules for each.
mxrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 03:31 PM   #357
Tech Adept

Quote:
Hi All,

I'm having problem with the car spinning out when apply throttle during corner exit. I'm not applying too much throttle; have checked and rebuilt the diffs (front and rear); and did not hit anything. Pretty much it happens after I slow down to enter a corner and spins out after applying throttle during exit.

I got medium springs front and soft at rear, same issue whether using A's or B's. Got to have this resolve so I can join the next big race
Hey Roy,

I had the same problem. I had Chris set up the car, and it went away. He added a little bit more ride height and told me to double stuff the tires.

Tested the car at the last club race and it drove fine.

There will be a F201 class at Smack Down. There should be ten drivers including you for F201.

See you there.

Will

Over Geared Racing
pac-man808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 12:02 AM   #358
Tech Addict

Thanks Will. I hope to make it for F1 so I guess you can add me in as unconfirmed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac-man808 View Post
Hey Roy,

I had the same problem. I had Chris set up the car, and it went away. He added a little bit more ride height and told me to double stuff the tires.

Tested the car at the last club race and it drove fine.

There will be a F201 class at Smack Down. There should be ten drivers including you for F201.

See you there.

Will

Over Geared Racing
f2000racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 03:06 PM   #359
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to rctouringracer

What is the IDR of the F201?
Thanks in advance.
rctouringracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 05:17 PM   #360
Tech Adept

i think you should change the chassis rule..... it wasnnt posted on the ogr thread for smakdown........i just bought the cf chassis and man i gotta say thats quite i big difference from run what ya brung to no chassis..... its not a points race..... its a fun class..... and there are a handfull of us wanting to run..... i wont be able to switch my car back in time. I understand why the rules are there just dissapointed that it wasnt mentioned in the smak down thread at all...... I hope you can sort it out as i planned to run this car all winter..... its a shame that some of these rules that pop up make it so i cant run the cars i buy.....
mr ektid is offline   Reply With Quote