R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-18-2009, 01:16 PM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo416 View Post
It would also be nice to see this work on Windows Mobile.
Can it be made to use with XRAY T2 008? If so I'll purchase it.
I'm working on the Xray T2008-2009 right now.

Most of the new speed controllers coming out will require a computer (laptop) to program and update software over the Internet.
Mr RCTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:22 PM   #17
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by luic View Post
It seem a powerfull program, i like buy for Hot Bodies Cyclone, is a very popular chassis

Greetings, Luis C.

PD: I use a UMHPC (eeepc), is 10" mini laptop, with windows XP and Linux, the resolution is 1024x600, working fine with this resolution?.
Yes. The nice thing about using excel that the size of the program screen can be made bigger or smaller with a click of a mouse.This is 25% picture below.

Also, the excel program size is very very small.
Attached Thumbnails
New E4 Excel Racing Software for Sedans-pic6.jpg  
Old 02-18-2009, 01:59 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)

Looks like a cool program lmk if you get one for the TOP scythe car.

CMDezigns Paint Works
https://www.facebook.com/pages/CM-Dezigns/259989190822177?ref=hl
chris moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 04:15 PM   #19
Tech Master

Thumbs up

So far the responds has been very positive.

We will be making a list of the popular sedans and create a custom program for each.

Xray T2008-T2009 will be finished in a few days to a week.
Next Associated TC5, Schumacher: SST 2000 '98

Thank you,

Mr RCTech
Old 02-18-2009, 04:58 PM   #20
Tech Apprentice

+1 TC5
Lugnutz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 06:05 PM   #21
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

How about the 416?
bjspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 06:18 PM   #22
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Nice work, +1 for an iphone app.
Tomradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 07:03 PM   #23
Tech Master

Heres a sneek peek of the New Xray excel program.
Attached Thumbnails
New E4 Excel Racing Software for Sedans-xray-screen.jpg  
Old 02-18-2009, 08:47 PM   #24
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr RCTech View Post
Heres a sneek peek of the New Xray excel program.
So the program is an excel sheet? If this is the case will it work with windows mobile?

If you want send me a simple version or something worthless and I will let you know if it runs.

When you have one for the JRX-S type R consider it sold.
Powered by Falco
Dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:11 PM   #25
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfire View Post
So the program is an excel sheet? If this is the case will it work with windows mobile?

If you want send me a simple version or something worthless and I will let you know if it runs.

When you have one for the JRX-S type R consider it sold.
hmm.. this looks like something I created for my type R.. I posted my version (also an excel version) a long time ago and recently again on the type R forum.

It is not hard to do either. If you wanted, I could create the same thing as this guy is doing.

To answer your question about working on windows mobile, the answer is "no". Because the validation lists do not work. This is one component of the excel work sheet. I know this because I tested this on an HTC data phone version 6.

Gordon
Stock Car - Xray T3 EU Rubber, Modified Car - Xray T4 '14; Xray X1; Tamiya M-06, and I run all Tekin ESC's - Youtube Channel "CARCAR videos" or follow this link https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7fp4qynjJzlXw13ocDpVAg - Facebook: CARCAR
MaxRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:37 AM   #26
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxRain View Post
hmm.. this looks like something I created for my type R.. I posted my version (also an excel version) a long time ago and recently again on the type R forum.

It is not hard to do either. If you wanted, I could create the same thing as this guy is doing.

To answer your question about working on windows mobile, the answer is "no". Because the validation lists do not work. This is one component of the excel work sheet. I know this because I tested this on an HTC data phone version 6.

Gordon
Hi Gordon,

Although this program is written in excel it takes a more of a scientific approach to the technical advances in racing.
This is not a fill in the blank setup sheet.

Just ask anyone who has used my programs will know this to be ture.

You will see more on RC TV Live show soon.

Thank you,

Ross Bartuccio
Old 02-19-2009, 09:43 AM   #27
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Looks like an awsome tool let us know when you have the TC-5 program ready
Fasthobbies1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 05:43 PM   #28
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr RCTech View Post
Hi Gordon,

Although this program is written in excel it takes a more of a scientific approach to the technical advances in racing.
This is not a fill in the blank setup sheet.

Just ask anyone who has used my programs will know this to be ture.

You will see more on RC TV Live show soon.

Thank you,

Ross Bartuccio
Thanks, but no thanks. I think you should learn how not to copy other people's ideas. I think it is only co-incidence that you came up with this so called scientific approach. I have browsed the E4 thread looking for thoughts and ideas on how to "improve" my setup, seeing that the Type R and E4 are similar in design. I am fairly certain, you took an idea and made it better. Thanks for the help, as I will now improve my setup sheet to match your "pro version" and contribute to the RC community vs making money off of it. If someone wishes to donate $$$ for your time to create the template, then so be it. But I think you should not request $$$ for a file that anyone can create on their own.

Secondly, I think Microsoft would have something to say that you are making $$$ using their software.

Thirdly, don't BS the public with your "pro" software. It is a worksheet that is utilizing the developer function, ranges, and validation lists. For those who know how to use the "Help function" can easily create the same.

This is a notice for everyone advising not to pay for this. Come and visit the Type R forum for a "free" version for the Type R that will be exactly the same or better than what Ross will create. The photos you posted is enough information for me to create the same. You don't need fancy photos that are owned by the manufacturers to understand what you are adjusting.

I hope you are mad at this post, because I am equally in the same position.

Lastly, I am a supporter of the Microsoft Office suite and have licensed copies to use the software. After posting a setup sheet similar to this, I asked for comments and or suggestions. No one replied or suggested anything, but I hope this will change and be recognized as someone who is giving back for the love of the sport.

Gordon
Stock Car - Xray T3 EU Rubber, Modified Car - Xray T4 '14; Xray X1; Tamiya M-06, and I run all Tekin ESC's - Youtube Channel "CARCAR videos" or follow this link https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7fp4qynjJzlXw13ocDpVAg - Facebook: CARCAR
MaxRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:23 PM   #29
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

This looks like a cool worksheet or what ever you want to call it.

There is no way I have time to make something like this. So I would be willing to pay someone to make it for me. I do not know why you have your feathers in a ruffle maxRain?

So your saying no one should take someones idea and make it better? I think this is how better products are produced.

I will consider the 008/009 program when it is finished.
dodgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 06:17 AM   #30
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxRain View Post
Thanks, but no thanks. I think you should learn how not to copy other people's ideas. I think it is only co-incidence that you came up with this so called scientific approach. I have browsed the E4 thread looking for thoughts and ideas on how to "improve" my setup, seeing that the Type R and E4 are similar in design. I am fairly certain, you took an idea and made it better. Thanks for the help, as I will now improve my setup sheet to match your "pro version" and contribute to the RC community vs making money off of it. If someone wishes to donate $$$ for your time to create the template, then so be it. But I think you should not request $$$ for a file that anyone can create on their own.

Secondly, I think Microsoft would have something to say that you are making $$$ using their software.

Thirdly, don't BS the public with your "pro" software. It is a worksheet that is utilizing the developer function, ranges, and validation lists. For those who know how to use the "Help function" can easily create the same.

This is a notice for everyone advising not to pay for this. Come and visit the Type R forum for a "free" version for the Type R that will be exactly the same or better than what Ross will create. The photos you posted is enough information for me to create the same. You don't need fancy photos that are owned by the manufacturers to understand what you are adjusting.

I hope you are mad at this post, because I am equally in the same position.

Lastly, I am a supporter of the Microsoft Office suite and have licensed copies to use the software. After posting a setup sheet similar to this, I asked for comments and or suggestions. No one replied or suggested anything, but I hope this will change and be recognized as someone who is giving back for the love of the sport.

Gordon
Is this a Joke??

I don't know who is Gordon aka MaxRain is or if he even has a racing program.

I have been writing programs for years and have several team drivers running
my excel based programs now.
Its in the Jan. issue of Xtreme RC Car magazine.

I give you credit for trying to write a program for R/C.
Its not easy to do.

If you need any help just send a PM.

You can check out all my excel based programs here:
http://rcsoftware.web.officelive.com/default.aspx

Thank you,

Ross Bartuccio

Last edited by Mr RCTech; 02-20-2009 at 11:07 AM.