Wiki Posts
Search

Trinity Pulse motor

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 03:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Here's my .02

It's mostly about matching a rotor to an inductance can. I think certain ranges of one prefer certain ranges of another. An RPM rotor would prefer to be in a lower inductance can and allowed to wind up. A torquier ROTOR might go into a slightly higher inductance can and it may need (and can pull) another tooth or two.

Aside from that there is still a whole bag of tricks. This is assumed since I DO NOT have first hand knowledge: zap rotor, balance the rotor, better quality bearings, shims & spacing, Dynoing (if it ain't right, do it over again). Ensure general quality ie; amount of solder on the ring, equalness of rotor poles, etc. It would not be to much to expect for them to send back(or trash) a bad rotor.
And that's just the stuff we can imagine, who knows what other Black Magic is possible in this relatively new Technology.

All that said I run for Putnam Propulsion. I have motors directly from him, 17.5, 13.5, and 10.5. I also have several people in the area running motors "off the shelf" from him. They all run similar and I think there are 2 17.5's that pull mine, but none of us have gotten a dog motor or one that just blew up, same can't be said for my and other's experiences with certain other OEM products.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:13 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trips
Presumably you won't get a really good one either, unless you're on the team.

Also, if Trinity cherry picks first, then ships their cases of OEM motors to the tuners, if you buy a tuner motor you're getting a "twice cherry picked" motor... I'd rather buy a "once cherry picked" variant right from Trinity... better odds that way...
I'd doubt Trinity would take the time to go thru every case of motors they shipped out as OEM to save the best for themselves. I'm thinking it would take too long, and cost too much to pay someone to do that work.
Old 02-19-2009, 06:36 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

guys, how is his discussion about "blueprinting" motors relevant to the trinity pulse motor??

please keep the discussion on topic
Old 02-19-2009, 06:49 AM
Tech Master

i can tell you first hand trinity does not go through motors anymore to keep the best for the team it would take way to much time to do this and jim and chad have lots of other stuff to do

now as for blueprinting you check rotors check cans write it all down shim rotor and change bearings to cerimic then dyno that would be a blue printed motor brushless stuff is not to hard no one motor run better then another once you figure out gearing for that specific motor
Old 02-19-2009, 07:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mr. losi
guys, how is his discussion about "blueprinting" motors relevant to the trinity pulse motor??

please keep the discussion on topic
HOLY COW!!!are you serious, do you go through ever thread for relevancy!!!

Blueprinting holds true to Pulse as it does any other, someone mentioned benefits of buying from a tuner and that's where the thread went!!!

No negativity or brand bashing, you really need to find something to do in your spare time.

Just to 'Stay on topic'...
I can't wait till the pulse gets the bugs ironed out, the lighter weight, 1/12 friendly solder tabs, and easier adjusted timing make this a very attractive product.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Has anyone put the Pulse in a Type-R? Based on the pictures of the motor that I have seen, it looks like the back of the can could hit a pivot block.

Thanks
Old 02-19-2009, 08:24 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by miller tyme
HOLY COW!!!are you serious, do you go through ever thread for relevancy!!!

Blueprinting holds true to Pulse as it does any other, someone mentioned benefits of buying from a tuner and that's where the thread went!!!

No negativity or brand bashing, you really need to find something to do in your spare time.

Just to 'Stay on topic'...
I can't wait till the pulse gets the bugs ironed out, the lighter weight, 1/12 friendly solder tabs, and easier adjusted timing make this a very attractive product.

i am serious....i have taken a lot of heat on this topic in other areas....this thread is about the trinity pulse motor. if you want to talk about blueprinting, start a thread,

if you read, the thread was beginning to go south after a few suggested that trinity goes thru all the motors and takes the best parts.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

We aren't selling Pulses yet, as I have been so tied up with crawler stuff, that I have yet to put them on the site. I was also waiting to get all the different versions before listing them.....I never got any 10.5, 13.5 or 17.5, just the version 2 of the mods and version 3 of the 21.5.

As for what we do for blueprinting, still fully working on that, hence why nothing is for sale yet. I was just simply getting started on putting stuff on the site to let people know we would be carrying them. In the end, will be similar to what Putnam does, though I have found a few other things I can do, but yes it will be more cherry picking, along with mix and matching components.

While I can't speak for all other companies, we never cherry picked brushed components. We built the motors the right way and dynoed them. If the numbers were below the threshold, it was set aside and sold to hobby shops for joe blows traxxas rustler as a regular stock motor or used as a prize give away. Just like batteries, the premium stuff gets a premium, the not so great stuff is sold as a sport version. Will do the same thing with the brushless stuff....

And as for cherry picking team stuff....its a HUGE waste of time. We never did it. I think we kept one motor from a batch of 100 for a euro dealer cause it dynoed off the charts. Was more of a curiousity piece. We ended up letting a local kid run it at a 2 day race in the sport class. He wasn't sponsored, just a kid.....it was fast, but not anything nutty like the dyno showed.

At the 2006 Novak Race and the 2006 Vegas race, both allowed bring yer own 19t motors. I simply grabbed a flat of 19t (20 motors) and built them right. Sure, a few were slow, so we grabbed another and built it. I would stab myself in the eye before I tore apart hundreds of brushed teardowns looking for a potential rocket. I would rather just build them and see if its fast, if not, build another. Dieter came over during vegas and looked at my 19t I brought, and said they were untouched from trinity.

And good luck finding a magnetizer for rotors. The current ones we have don't have anywhere near the juice to do it. I found a smaller unit, which brand new was 20k+. I know the one novak has is like the size of a mini van and dims the lights when they zap one....

Later EddieO
Old 02-19-2009, 09:04 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EddieO

And good luck finding a magnetizer for rotors. The current ones we have don't have anywhere near the juice to do it. I found a smaller unit, which brand new was 20k+. I know the one novak has is like the size of a mini van and dims the lights when they zap one....

Later EddieO
Not necessary. One can be built about the size of a computer desktop tower for around $3,000.00 and yes, it would be powerful enough to saturate and even reverse the polarity of any magnet material on earth.

I've seen the massive, light dimming varieties. Technology has come a long way in the last few years. If you are trying to zap a magnet the size of a beach ball then you might still need one but a small rotor is much easier to do.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:06 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by mr. losi
i am serious....i have taken a lot of heat on this topic in other areas....this thread is about the trinity pulse motor. if you want to talk about blueprinting, start a thread,

if you read, the thread was beginning to go south after a few suggested that trinity goes thru all the motors and takes the best parts.
Look at you, trying to act all tough. Everybody can see you're a big bitch with a little stick, running around on a power trip like an insecure child. Could you please shut your fucking mouth and let us get back to business here? The last thing anybody needs is some half-retard with the grammar of a third grader telling us how to act. Thanks.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:07 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Yeah, that's going to change his mind.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:24 AM
Tech Legend

If this thread gets ban again I will report and complain to the owners ....
A promise....

This is not Tech Talk , Its RcTech ......
Old 02-19-2009, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

It seems to me, if anything, brushless motors will require the same amount of tuning skills as slotcar motors do. Balance, magnet power, and air gap, all basics of the motor required to get more performance. Far from a level playing field for the average racer.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:36 AM
Tech Regular

^^^^^^

Last edited by loopedeloop; 02-19-2009 at 11:42 AM. Reason: trinity are obviously protected on here and can do no wrong......
Old 02-19-2009, 12:42 PM
Administrator

i am going to leave the above post on the site, i feal it shows the lack of respect or understanding of what it takes to try and deal with a site of this magnitude.

for the record. i have no affiliation with trinity, only that i have used some of their products, some i liked , some i did not. i know first hand that there are problems with the pulse motor, i understand that, ppl can feel free to discuss their problems in a respectful and courteous manner. discuss what ever you want as it relates to the motor....

i would not expect a company rep to be on this forum though, that is what customer service is for.

if the customer service is bad, fine. state it, in a professional courteous manner. likewise if you have gotten good service..

to use the words of rodney king cant we all just get along

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.