R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-20-2009, 12:06 PM   #226
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Wow guess I should have searched a little before my post this morning, the thread is now locked but up towards the top its called Trinity customer service. Just another page in the book of Trinities non customer service. Moderater locked the thread because a individual stepped in well you can go read it.
chuckharrisjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:23 PM   #227
Regional Moderator

This whole issue should be a classic business school case study on how NOT to handle customer relations. All of this could have been avoided if Trinity would have been proactive in keeping their customers updated. A few simple posts like "We are investigating the issue" to "we have found the problem, and are working on a fix", followed by "we expect to have replacement motors available on this date", and "the supplier's delivery date has slipped, the new expected date is X" could have nipped this in the bud.

Ignoring customer requests for information is just a bad business practice.
CarbonJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 03:48 PM   #228
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to tenpins77

Hey All :

Lets remember its "team Epic", Now Not "Trinity"...

www.crgraphicsonline.com
tenpins77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:34 PM   #229
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I understand the anger in the fact that people have been waiting a while to get the motors replaced. Epic is trying to do the right thing by making sure that the product that gets returned is a better product than what was sold so that the problems are gone. Im sure my words dont help but I think that people will be satisfied with what happens when the motors actually come back in.
thisguy2849 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 08:23 AM   #230
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

I thought that they had fixed the problem with the original Pulse motors?

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 10:29 AM   #231
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

someone was selling Version 2 pluse motors, I think those were the ones that were fixed.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:41 AM   #232
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
someone was selling Version 2 pluse motors, I think those were the ones that were fixed.
There was a second wave, but the only the manufacturing process was changed. I don't think it fixed any flaws. There were still issues with those too in the end.
Old 08-29-2009, 05:59 PM   #233
Tech Addict

Questions??

I haven't read through all of the posts in this thread but I just wanted to ask a quick question. Should I be concerned about buying a Pulse 3T motor? They are the ones with black cans. I'm building a new chassis and researching BL motors that are cheap but with very high KV ratings. The Pulse 3T is rated 12000KV.
PaPeRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 06:21 PM   #234
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I sent a motor in to Trinity in January. No replacement! I have since then just wrote that experience off. I recently bought the new Epic 13.5 and this motor even has a problem. The phillips head screws on the end bell have stripped. 2 of the 3 were bad. They just spin in the hole. Their quality and service sucks. I will be hard pressed to ever buy a another product from from Trinity/Epic ever again.
"If you're not first...you're last!"
jammincrtjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 08:57 AM   #235
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPeRo View Post
I haven't read through all of the posts in this thread but I just wanted to ask a quick question. Should I be concerned about buying a Pulse 3T motor? They are the ones with black cans. I'm building a new chassis and researching BL motors that are cheap but with very high KV ratings. The Pulse 3T is rated 12000KV.
With their current customer service reputation, I think you should be concerned indeed...
94eg! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 01:22 AM   #236
Tech Adept

Default Trinity 5.0 pulse 1/12 scale

Hey guys need urgently help. I just borrowed a 5.0 T motor from a mate for a big meeting tomorrow and need to get the most out of it quickly as I will have only 1 prractice run

I run a ko BmC and a 5.0T in my 12th scale. I have got the timmign on 0 [zero] ... what the recommended timming for 12th scale...
Thanks
Didier
ds400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 03:03 PM   #237
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I was told they are replacing them with the nemesis motor
Old 11-28-2009, 09:21 PM   #238
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I bought a 7.5 and 10.5 this spring- near/at the end of the indoor offroad season. I ran them 2 times in the spring, the last 2 meets... and then today for the opener at our new indoor offroad facility. I dont race in the summer, and I have separate motors for onroad.

after one practice in 4wd, the 7.5 dropped.

I put the 10.5 in, and after round 2- it dropped.

So what is the procedure here? Do I send these in? I dont know what a Nemesis motor is-- but i wouldnt mind Duo 2's.. my onroad motors (Duo 2's) all run pretty well.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:04 PM   #239
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk

Im pretty sure the solution to this problem is to just buy a new fricken motor but ill ask anyway.

I aquired what i believe is a trinity pulse 13.5 with my wgt car and trying to get it to work to maybe save me a couple bucks.

somone at the local group suggested i time it like i would time a 17.5 for 12th scale so my starting setttings;
endbell timing - 10
Rollout - 69
Battery - Reedy 1S 6500mah 65c

tekin settings;

boost - 35
start -2559
end - 8114
turbo - 10
ramp - 2
delay - 0.34

Car came off at 84f after 6 minutes this evening.
i raced it last weekend with 50boost, 10 turbo, zero endbell timing and it came off around 108 but it was warmer out. so not sure if this motor responds well to timing, or if i should gear it higher and just ad a little bit of boost.
car is very smooth but lacks punch and top speed on the straight. i get slaughtered on the straights of our outdoor track.
I have heard these arent great motors at all, i just got it with the car for like $20, so before i drop money on a new motor, i had wanted to give it a go.

any suggestions from people who may have had success?
valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:29 PM   #240
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The main issue with the Pulse motors was the collector ring would unsolder itself whenever the motor got upwards in the motor temps. So you couldn't gear them or time them high enough where they could compete with the other motors out there at that time.

The initial V1 motors where notorious for the de-soldering issue, the put out a V2 version that was suppose to have fixed this problem, but not really sure how to distinguish between a V1 and a V2.

I would run the thing changing gearing and timing till you get the performance your after or it stops working, but don't be surprised if it fails before you hit that sweet speed.