R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-13-2009, 07:44 PM   #211
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I believe in waiting, but at this point Jesus will return faster then you will get you motors back. I know I will not get one back, and I sent it signature required for tracking. I hav emoved on and would not want another of their products at this point!!!
katfish317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 12:13 PM   #212
Tech Adept

Default Yep - Still Waiting

6 months for me. Still waiting, emailing, calling. Trinity/Epic got paid for the motor I originally bought, Retailer got paid. I'm out the $70 and out the motor. How can they be selling new ones without replacing the returned ones? I'm going to be in Orlando Sept and Nov, guess I'll stop in their office in person and start raising hell. It's now a point of getting them to do the right thing.
VRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 12:38 PM   #213
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to TC3MIKE

Report them to the Better Business Bureau. Make them do something about it.
TC3MIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 12:48 PM   #214
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC3MIKE View Post
Report them to the Better Business Bureau. Make them do something about it.
Unfortunately, I doubt this will do anything. Those motors were "made" by Trinity, from Edison, NJ. They are now doing business as Epic, out of Florida. And, since they already got your money, they couldn't care less. Legally, they are more than likely two separate companies, even if it is still the same people behind the scenes.
CarbonJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 12:50 PM   #215
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRacing View Post
6 months for me. Still waiting, emailing, calling. Trinity/Epic got paid for the motor I originally bought, Retailer got paid. I'm out the $70 and out the motor. How can they be selling new ones without replacing the returned ones? I'm going to be in Orlando Sept and Nov, guess I'll stop in their office in person and start raising hell. It's now a point of getting them to do the right thing.
The problem lies with Trinity, not Epic. Epic took over the Trinity company and their woes a few months back. I'd call Epic and ask if they have your motors. I'm still sitting on a Pulse 13.5 that needs repair, but am waiting until they have some sort of swap program.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:20 PM   #216
Administrator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljohn1064 View Post
The problem lies with Trinity, not Epic. Epic took over the Trinity company and their woes a few months back. I'd call Epic and ask if they have your motors. I'm still sitting on a Pulse 13.5 that needs repair, but am waiting until they have some sort of swap program.

actually, trinity is epic and epic is trinity.....they shut down the trinity name, and went with one of ernies other company names. if you look on the endbell of every trinity stock motor it has epic molded in it...

UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot,nothing is going to get better. It's not. Dr. Seuss
Matt M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 02:40 PM   #217
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. losi View Post
actually, trinity is epic and epic is trinity.....they shut down the trinity name, and went with one of ernies other company names. if you look on the endbell of every trinity stock motor it has epic molded in it...
Ah, I learned something new today. I had thought they completely swapped management too.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:20 PM   #218
Tech Adept

I filled a compaint with the BBB today, i think everyone who got screwed should file a complaint also with BBB it takes about 5 min to do online, you never know they might be able to do somthing for us.
Bawdy Shop
Express Motorsports
sukh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 07:13 PM   #219

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonJoe View Post
LMAO

r
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 08:40 PM   #220
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

All of the pulse motors are going to be replaced ONCE THE PROBLEM IS FIXED. Does it make sense to ship a motor to someone that has the same manufacturing problem as the one they returned? The replacement pulses are about 60 days away from being in and ready to ship back out. I know this doesnt help people that have been waiting for months but we are trying to make sure the problem doesnt happen again.
thisguy2849 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:19 PM   #221
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation Potential buyer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisguy2849 View Post
All of the pulse motors are going to be replaced ONCE THE PROBLEM IS FIXED. Does it make sense to ship a motor to someone that has the same manufacturing problem as the one they returned? The replacement pulses are about 60 days away from being in and ready to ship back out. I know this doesnt help people that have been waiting for months but we are trying to make sure the problem doesnt happen again.
What exactly is the problem with the motors, or is it a variety of issues. Is it one type of motor or is it all motors regarless of turn. I've seen a few racers use their motors and they look like their well built and when they work right they seem very very fast, I hope I'm not opening a can of worms asking this question!
Potential customers should know what they may be buying into!
Just my 2$
maxepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:51 PM   #222
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisguy2849 View Post
I have a brand new one I won as a door prize last week, can I send it back and get one of the new ones?
Old 08-19-2009, 10:04 PM   #223
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The mod motors are fine. And it seems like not all of the motors had problems but enough of them did that a decision was made to fix them all to be safe
thisguy2849 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 08:10 AM   #224
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxepower View Post
What exactly is the problem with the motors, or is it a variety of issues. Is it one type of motor or is it all motors regarless of turn. I've seen a few racers use their motors and they look like their well built and when they work right they seem very very fast, I hope I'm not opening a can of worms asking this question!
Potential customers should know what they may be buying into!
Just my 2$
Its just the original Spec versions of the Pulse motors, 13.5s mostly. Mine is finally going in. They need a full count on motors to replace, so send them in if you're holding onto one.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:08 AM   #225
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 98 (99%+)

I've had a pulse 17.5 ,back to Trinity for awhile now ,no responce,so I did the logical thing,I bought the new novak ballistic 17.5 ,this thing rocks!!