R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-25-2009, 03:18 PM   #151
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to picco007 Send a message via Yahoo to picco007

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdu verney View Post
It's been October of 08 for me and no response from Chad as well? Hmmm...
I emailed Chad a month ago and still have not heard back. Do you think I should just send the motor in? Can anyone let me know where exactly to send it too?
Old 05-25-2009, 05:00 PM   #152
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD916 View Post
I may have pissed Chad with one of my e-mails

just getting old not hearing anything firm from them, and seeing others get them back, and honestly it's been seven plus months..

guess I'll send another once they say there open again
One of the possible advantages of Trinity being taken over by Epic is that Trinity will probably just dump the whole Pulse disaster in the trash with no obligation to replace the defective Pulse motors.

I don't know what happened with Trinity, if the owner(s) sold out, filed bankruptcy, or just about closed their doors, but the reality and lack of communication you guys are getting doesn't look good.

Best thing anyone can do that has not heard back from Trinity is to forget about the defective Trinity Pulse motors and chalk it up as a loss. This is not the first Trinity product that was bad out of the gate.
kn7671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 05:42 PM   #153
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kn7671 View Post
One of the possible advantages of Trinity being taken over by Epic is that Trinity will probably just dump the whole Pulse disaster in the trash with no obligation to replace the defective Pulse motors.

I don't know what happened with Trinity, if the owner(s) sold out, filed bankruptcy, or just about closed their doors, but the reality and lack of communication you guys are getting doesn't look good.

Best thing anyone can do that has not heard back from Trinity is to forget about the defective Trinity Pulse motors and chalk it up as a loss. This is not the first Trinity product that was bad out of the gate.

You been stuff full with miss information ...
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 09:25 PM   #154
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Cherry View Post
You been stuff full with miss information ...
what is the fdr of the pulse and also it not listed in the instructions how would u gear it thxs reggie
tc3 racer sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 09:39 PM   #155
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kn7671 View Post

Epic is still owned by Ernie, it mostly sounds like they are moving their facilities to Florida. I don't know if that includes a change in name only, or if Epic was formed for other reasons...

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 09:41 PM   #156
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The misinformation is a huge problem. Does anyone have any non-misinformation? Or information?

Specifically:
* Like a previous poster asked, how do you know if you got the newer, fixed motor?
* How do you gear a 17.5 for an RCGT car with a 130' straight?
* What are the normal running temperatures?

Mine got up to 230* in 7 minutes while only getting up to 110* in a 4 minute test. It still works after letting it cool overnight. What does that mean? New or old motor?

I was told by more than one person that the best thing I could do is run the motor into the ground then request a DUO from Trinity. But since that takes 6 months or so, I should write off the $80, toss it in the garbage, and buy a Tekin or LRP. Is this accurate?

What do you think?
xevias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 06:20 AM   #157
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xevias View Post
The misinformation is a huge problem. Does anyone have any non-misinformation? Or information?

Specifically:
* Like a previous poster asked, how do you know if you got the newer, fixed motor?

Mine got up to 230* in 7 minutes while only getting up to 110* in a 4 minute test. It still works after letting it cool overnight. What does that mean? New or old motor?

I was told by more than one person that the best thing I could do is run the motor into the ground then request a DUO from Trinity. But since that takes 6 months or so, I should write off the $80, toss it in the garbage, and buy a Tekin or LRP. Is this accurate?

What do you think?

I would think you have some gearing issues to work with. 230* is way too hot for any motor to get. For brushless, I personally try to keep mine below 125* at all times. But that differs with other people, and track selection.

Even though most people aren't getting them back there motors, I would send it in. I personally ask Chad for a Dou as a replacement, but there just sending out pulses from all I know. It might be a wile, but that might be your only choice if your not satisfied with it.

l MOMO USA l OZ Racing l Willwood Brakes | Dunlop Tires |

The Raceway at Beaver: Forever In Blue Jeans
Mark506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 08:54 AM   #158
Tech Legend

[QUOTE=Mark506;5859491

Even though most people aren't getting them back there motors, I would send it in. [/QUOTE]

more misinformation ....

Everyone that had sent in their Pulses at my track had their`s returned over a month ago ....
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:40 AM   #159
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have a 17.5 pulse that runs good- I don't know what ver.it is it has solid red can and endbell w/ adj.timing.After i got it 2nd hand from a guy who had it timed at 35*,after it desoldered itself at 220*I resoldered it all and it runs good.I ran this motor in the 13.5 class all day at my track it temped at 145-158,air temp mid 80's track temp 118 and kept the 13.5's at bay till around the 4 min. mark .I like it.Maybe (I hope)it's a good one,we will see.
ft4 MT wallet
cyclone;xxx-s;x-rayT2;crc gen xl;bmi 12rrl
GasGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:12 PM   #160
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xevias View Post

Specifically:

What do you think?
I tried to run a pulse at 4.1 fdr in rcgt. It went soft at 4 minutes and thermaled or whatever at about 6 minutes. The same ratio on a duo motor runs like a raped ape. I also was told 17.5 motors should run around 3.5 to 3.7 so I figured I was at a safe ratio.

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:19 PM   #161
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Mine was geared 4.05 fdr-go figger10*timing xceloron esc std profile.with BIG cap.
ft4 MT wallet
cyclone;xxx-s;x-rayT2;crc gen xl;bmi 12rrl
GasGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:17 PM   #162
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
I tried to run a pulse at 4.1 fdr in rcgt. It went soft at 4 minutes and thermaled or whatever at about 6 minutes. The same ratio on a duo motor runs like a raped ape. I also was told 17.5 motors should run around 3.5 to 3.7 so I figured I was at a safe ratio.
That is exactly what happened to me, but I got through the 7 minute main. The motor got real soft around 4-5 min. I ran at 4.17 and was getting blown away down the Strictly straight running about 35* timing.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Hoping to bring Socko up there to run at Strictly a couple times in June....
xevias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 06:08 PM   #163
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Quote:
more misinformation ....

Everyone that had sent in their Pulses at my track had their`s returned over a month ago ....
Count me out. Never got mine back.

l MOMO USA l OZ Racing l Willwood Brakes | Dunlop Tires |

The Raceway at Beaver: Forever In Blue Jeans
Mark506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 06:41 PM   #164
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
more misinformation ....

I still have not gotten anything back from them, I am glad i used a delivery confirmation, that way i have record of it and will keep trying to get an answer about a refund or new motor. this is ridiculous!
I guess we got what we paid for in the end! nothing special!!!
katfish317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:24 PM   #165
Tech Regular

Chad is the Director of Warranty and Customer Service. He emailed me in February, told me it would be a couple more weeks, I would not be sorry....

I'm sorry

I also paid for some items from the trinity on-line going-out-of business site. They sent me exactly half the items, still charged me for everything. It is impossible to contact them, Chad will not respond to emails...

I'm sorry

I can't wait to buy some Epic stuff!!

I'm sorry
tharris1959 is offline   Reply With Quote