R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-08-2010, 03:03 PM   #241
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Touch all the way! I went through 2 sets of Legends that did not work correctly out of the box. Finally sent them all back and bought a touch. Dont regret it one bit and will be getting another one soon.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 03:46 AM   #242
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Has anyone got good experiences of these, doesn't seem good on here?

I love the look of them, but only interested if the balancer is accurate and it cuts off at 8.4v!?
Old 12-26-2010, 07:37 AM   #243
Tech Regular

Got the 1st batch of legends set and its abt a year old 1 unit went up in smoke today the black and red wires melted. The power supply and the other unit seems ok.
Was trying to charge a new battery and it could not detect cell and gave me a low batt reading. Retry and then it went up in smoke, Opened it up and inside is all fried up. What could be the problem with it and not sure to sent it back to muchmore or throw it away.

Dont thing its a bad charger at all when it was working right.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:56 PM   #244
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Hey Guys,

Just got my legend chargers and power supply. PLugged it all in and turned it on and only one charger works?? The rest is fine. The one that doesnt work, it does the start up sequence but doesnt display a menu it just stays lit up, but blank screen. Anyone had this problem? Seems like there is no software loaded onto it.

thanks
Old 01-14-2011, 05:06 PM   #245
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to olhipster1
Default mine

My Legend. Set has been rock solid to date been about 1/2 a year, balances perfect. The whole system. Is big big but could probably power up a small city.
CAUSE and EFFECT

Last edited by olhipster1; 01-14-2011 at 07:58 PM.
olhipster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 06:25 PM   #246
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterlzy View Post
Hey Guys,

Just got my legend chargers and power supply. PLugged it all in and turned it on and only one charger works?? The rest is fine. The one that doesnt work, it does the start up sequence but doesnt display a menu it just stays lit up, but blank screen. Anyone had this problem? Seems like there is no software loaded onto it.

thanks
Went through 4 of them with these types of concerns either out of the box or withing a week of getting. Ended up sending them all back. There is a fix but its hardware and software that you must send back to Korea to get fixed. Its free except the shipping to them.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 08:11 PM   #247
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default Charger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterlzy View Post
Hey Guys,

thanks
Swap chargers from one side to the other. Also make sure the pins are tight that plug into the bottom of the charger. They are to be tightened by an Allen wrench on not by hand.

I had a problem with mine poising connection. Then realized I never tightened up the pins.
jgraham37128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 08:43 PM   #248
Tech Rookie

Angry stay away!

stay away from this charger is my advice...
mine has little use and already ruined a lipo with autobalancing.

this mode brought one of the batt cells to very low voltage rendering the batt useless!

Also when charging, or storage mode, batt doesnt get balanced and charger stops at something like:
A: 3,9 B:4,2

my other 40dls charger does the job and never ruined batteries...
hybridM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:44 PM   #249
Tech Initiate

i have noticed my charger only goes up to 6000mah. I would like to get some new lipo's 6200 0r 6500 but not sure how to charge them if my charger will only go up to 6000mah?
carl_Bennetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 02:17 PM   #250
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

What version software is on your chargers?

Hyperform racing--In memory of Lino
Bigdaddyswank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 02:30 PM   #251
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdaddyswank View Post
What version software is on your chargers?
I think 1.15. Would this explain it? I need 1.23b?
carl_Bennetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:54 PM   #252
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
Went through 4 of them with these types of concerns either out of the box or withing a week of getting. Ended up sending them all back. There is a fix but its hardware and software that you must send back to Korea to get fixed. Its free except the shipping to them.

EA
Hey Eric, Josh here. We met at IIC, you helped me with my 1/12, I got everyone to sign the shirt for Scotty, then presented it to him.

Podiumed with Paul L just a few weeks ago in BC, Canada, had a great weekend!

Looking forward to this year at IIC.

Anyway, I've got 2 sets (4 chargers and 2 power supplies). I had heard that the Legends hardware and software upgrade will be offered in the US soon, is there any news on that?

Josh
IronRing Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 05:10 PM   #253
Tech Apprentice

Had my legend and 2 chargers for a while now with latest software on and im really impressed had no issues what so ever charges my lipos well not even had to use the balance charge with them yet.

Bonus being it looks the best and neatest power supply and chargers in the pits.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:22 AM   #254
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Took the plunge eventually, gear just arrived and having an issue with one charger:

1. Might have the cell A high cell B low problem, but I do think it's accurate as my separate balancer shows the same.

2. Sometimes one of the chargers refuses to do anything with batteries if they are nearly fully charged before I put them on. If I try to charge it says "battery over voltage", if I try to discharge it says "temperature error" and shows 0 ohms resistance on the screen too!?

Has anyone else had issue 2??
Old 04-15-2011, 05:05 AM   #255
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Looking for a Blue 40A Legend Power Supply. If you see something new or used - I would appreciate a heads up. Thanks!
MDawson is offline   Reply With Quote