Reedy race 2004 sedan format.

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2003, 03:18 PM
Tech Addict

That's right. My bad
Old 11-13-2003, 03:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

It should be held at speedworld, in Roseville, California.
Old 11-13-2003, 03:53 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

When is the next Reedy race anyway?
Old 11-13-2003, 03:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

It's usually Memorial day weekend.
Old 11-13-2003, 04:13 PM
Tech Addict

Gidday,

TRF racer: are you Paul from Auckland? If so I meet you at the Taranaki Ultimate open. Which track is the nec? I went to the Halifax race this year and raced in open. Got 14th.

Hows it all going over there. I love their racing aye its brilliant.
I have been thinking about returning for next years race as it was an awesome event last year

Thanks
Michael Jones
Christchurch
NZ
Old 11-13-2003, 04:29 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by jkerr0043
It's usually Memorial day weekend.
Cool, I dont really understand what the discussion is about, what's this "lottery" deal?
Old 11-13-2003, 04:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

i dont like the reedy race beacuse tamiya drivers have the advantage beacuse they get to race the track when ever they whant
Old 11-13-2003, 04:31 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by nick b.
i dont like the reedy race beacuse tamiya drivers have the advantage beacuse they get to race the track when ever they whant
But if you travel to a large race in another state, the home track drivers will have the advantage there... It's going to happen at any track, you just have to practice as much as you can while you can.
Old 11-13-2003, 04:34 PM
Tech Addict

The simply fix, get a tamiya car. Remember it's a privelage that Tamiya America allows it's facility to be used by it's customers. The track is only open Saturday from 10AM to 4PM. I see no real advantage.
Old 11-13-2003, 04:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by Randman
But if you travel to a large race in another state, the home track drivers will have the advantage there... It's going to happen at any track, you just have to practice as much as you can while you can.
i see you're point but when they have practice i have to go to school i am only 16
Old 11-13-2003, 04:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally posted by nick b.
Track time is track time. Buy a Tamiya and practice at the track. Seems fair enough. The venue is open to all Tamiya owners year around. You dont have to be on the Team to get on the track.

Just put in the track time.
Old 11-13-2003, 04:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm down for another throwdown. This time Open Mod so that way I can get into Invitational and give Barry a beat down hehehe. He's given a buddy of mine a nice salsa and matching guacamole bowl during the last two years and by the time I get Invited, I hope I can return the favor
Old 11-13-2003, 04:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Randman,the lottery is the random choosing of entries sent in by those who want to run the race.Out of all the entries there will be a specific limit on how many will be chosen from the pool of drivers that sent in the entry forms.

Nick....randman is correct.When it was up here in Northern Cali,the Local guys especially in the open classes were the fastest and usually did well or won.Invite was a different story as the factory guys wuld come weeks in advance to club race.

gtypecanare:I wouldnt exactly say its a privelage to race at tamiya.Nice track and all but to make it out like they are doing us a favor that we can only run thier cars on thier track is going a bit far.I like tamiya cars,dont get me wrong.But the whole you can only run our cars thing is not exactly doing anyone any favors.Its lining tamiya usa pockets.
Old 11-13-2003, 04:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

nick- i know what you mean, i'm 15(and a half, hehe, okay), and i can't go to any big race, because i can't get off of school on friday to practice, or even qualify, it sux.
Old 11-13-2003, 05:00 PM
Tech Addict

Here's an excerpt from www.ttlocals.com

The track broke ground back in 1995 at first it was not open to the public and was created as a "Test Facility". Mr. Tamiya then agreed to allow the track to be open to the public soon afterward with some nudging by some of the locals. Though the one cardinal rule still remains you must have a Tamiya car, as the facilities are there for us for FREE. I feel and many people agree that this is more than fair as it is such a great facility. Rumor has it, Mr. Tamiya when asked about his allowing only Tamiya cars on the track said that he opened his facility for his customers to enjoy his product for free and that he does not understand why the other manufacturers did not follow suite, I agree with this. If you have a car from another manufacturer and you want a place to run it then call them and ask them to create a track. Soon after opening the track for Saturday practices a driver’s stand was built and pits were put in and electricity was brought in as well. Soon the TCS Series started holding races as well as the monthly "fun races" the track gained popularity fast for a couple of years. Then 98 the crowds started to die down, some weekends only the TTL would be seen there racing but then in the winter of 2000 the crowds started coming back and have grown with the introduction of the TAO-4, The TB Evolution series and now the World Championship winning M2 and the Next revolution in RC racing the F201. It is not uncommon to see as many as 40-60 drivers there on Saturdays and with the surge in attendance there might even be a return of the monthly "fun races" as well as the other events such as the various Tamiya Enduros that have happened over the year. Infact Tamiya had the Honor of hosting this years REEDY Race of Champions in which ALL the manufacturers sent their best drivers names like Hara, Masami, Kinwald where all in attendance for what was an awesome display of driving skill. Tamiya's own David Jun (a member of the TTL) placed a very admirable 5th in the A Main beating many of the world’s top pros in the process. Please understand that it is a privilege to be able to race at the Tamiya Raceway and as long as everyone continues to have fun and treat the facilities with respect there is no reason why this privilege should not continue

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.