R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-13-2003, 12:46 AM   #1
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Default Tight Track Rollout

Ok I've got a question for those who run/or have run on small track. My lhs has just made a new indoor asphult track (high traction) that is 54ft by 40ft. I usually run a 29mm rollout on their mid sized track, what sort of rollout do you think would be in the ball park?(Reedy Mvp) Around 26mm?

Also I've been itching to try out a front oneway and have one installed, are they a dead loss on a small track? (I don't know the track layout yet)....

Thanks.
fatdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 02:29 AM   #2
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

damn...the track i go to has a 80x40 track and its pretty small compared to my hometown! a 54x40 is really freaking small to me!! what do you run? 1/12th or micros?
disaster999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 08:09 AM   #3
Tech Master

26mm may be a little low fatdoggy, depends on the layout i supose, im running 27mm per rev and we have a really small track im using a rev monster, and i just try to keep the car rolling, i dont have a one way so i cant help you there.
berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 08:27 AM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

DOGGY!!!! WHAZZUP!!!! did you get to talk to G already? I stopped by yesterday and they will be closed until today, so I will stop in for a few. I know they are prob POed about how it terminates on the outdoor track...kinda rough, but it is on the very edge...... I can't race until the 29th, but hopefully I can get in to practice on Sunday...hopefully for a few hours on Sat morning too......

As far as one-ways go..... don't listen to people who say one-ways are just for open tracks... Sure they are easier to drive fast there, but the guys running 414's and Yok specials swear by them at RCO and it's nowhere near open..... my opinion is that if you can get the set-up correct and drive it a one-way will be faster on every prepared track...... HMMMM gotta order a one-way for my LOSI....LOL

I will start playing with teh 04R once I get the extra cash for new gearboxes and suspension parts......

Ken may be there this week with his YOK....

BTW: I think I may have to start calling oldman Bob "banger", not only because he likes to slam our cars every chance he gets on the track, but because in Europe they call "weiners" (hotdogs) bangers....LOL

Talk at ya later!!

Pitman for Team Dallas Austin...
IMPACTPLAYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 08:33 AM   #5
Tech Master

Hmm, in the UK you can get "bangers and mash" which is sausage and mashed potato. Or Hotdogs, which are weiners i think.
berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 04:35 PM   #6
Tech Elite

disaster999 - O no it's stock TC(hence the low rollout), but 1/12th and micros will probabely be run also.

berger - Ok thanks, I'll run it and then gear to 27 if needed.

IMPACTPLAYR - Yer I talked to G(email) about 7 days ago and he said it would be finished mon/tues. Thanks for the info on the one-way, when I come up (on the 29th) I'll finally get to try it out. I'll give "banger" a few taps for you. I'm *seriously* looking foward to racing.

Cheers.
Old 11-13-2003, 05:55 PM   #7
Tech Fanatic

could some one tell me what car this is for. Because on my xxx-s, i have like a 30mm rollout in stock? Sure the track is more flowing, but if u've been to trackside, it's tight. Is 30 to high, or a good neutral, not low on runtime, or just slow, but good.
pro3racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 10:48 PM   #8
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I should be there if these freaking assholes at work don't make me stay away.... I hate these sum' bitches.... looks like I have to work everyday til' Thanlsgiving!!! and I have worked everyday for the last 2 weeks!!!

Wonder if I tell them I am a racedayavenist and working on Saturdays is agianst my religion if I can get away with it?!?!?!?

BTW: there is plenty of love left in the nose of my vauxhaul for him!!!!

Always remember "when one drives a TC3 that one should be gentle on the competition, for when the competition gets rough back ones TC3 gets wounded!"

He gets too rough and I will break out the 04!!!!!!

Pitman for Team Dallas Austin...
IMPACTPLAYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 02:03 AM   #9
Tech Elite

pro3racer - This is for a Corally C4 but the type of car dosn't matter, the track does, since you can gear any car almost exactely the same. If your car takes too long to max out then gear down(higher overall gear ratio), if it maxes out to early then gear up(lower overall gear ratio). Your best bet for info on stock rollout at trackside would probabely be in the racing forum.

IMPACTPLAYR - Holy crap man that sucks, 4 weeks working every day. Dam! Hope they give you the thanksgiving weekend off, fingers crossed...

"racedayavenist" Might work if your boss is a few tinny's less then a six pack.

About your Vauxhaul, how's it hanging on? I've only done a weekend with mine and so far there is no cracking on the wheel wells which was nice to see. I always had that problem with the stratus 2.

The only thing body wise I think I'll have to do is move the wing to the foward position for indoors. The track will add another factor into racing, passing a hell of alot. With 7-9 second laps and 6 cars on the track it will be sick.

As for the TC3, bob isn't the only one, brandon will soon get sick of fixing his all the time. Heck he might go back to his XXX-S, I doubt it though my guess is his next car will be the tamiya evo3 or does he already have a new car?

Cheers