Wiki Posts
Search

Xray T2 Servo fitting issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 01:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Xray T2 Servo fitting issues

Hi All

First post here on RC Tech! Just finishing off T2 pro for my first attempt at TC racing and having issues fitting servo.
Using Savox servo which I think is no bigger than any other standard size servo but it wont fit!
When I put it in chassis using kit mounts the horn hits the top deck. The shims the manual suggest you use to avoid this would bring it further towards the top deck????
Am i being completely stupid or have missed something. Tried using countersunk screw as it is only a couple of mm but it is not enough.

Thanks in advance
Old 02-14-2009, 01:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 134 (100%+)
Default servo

try putting the shims and the servo on the outside and not the inside of the mountsand send the screws in from the back towards the middle, you may half to get different spacers to get the right spaceing hope that helps
Old 02-14-2009, 02:13 PM
Tech Elite

As mentioned, the shims go onto the outside of the posts which will move the servo towards the outside of the car, away from the top deck.

I would also advise using the rubber grommets that come with the servo's (it it came with some), use those as well as the posts that come with the T2's never seem to line up as well as they should, they always seem just a bit too far apart.

Skiddins
Old 02-15-2009, 01:05 AM
Tech Initiate

Default T2 PRO Servo issue

Thanks guys, I'll try that although the mounts do not have holes drilled all the way through so will need to do that if I am to mount servo from behind.
I notice the Savox is about 3mm higher than a Hitec which is causing the issue.

By the way, anyone know anywhere on web with help setting up genius pro 120 esc? Think I've done it but want to be sure it is right.