R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Integy Octane 2 VS Rayspeed EXceed (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/27549-integy-octane-2-vs-rayspeed-exceed.html)

FUK_WRX 11-11-2003 11:46 PM

Integy Octane 2 VS Rayspeed EXceed

Hello guys just wondering which you think is better, the Octane 2 or the new Rayspeed Exceed discharger ??

What are there Pro's and Con's

Share your experience with them ??

og_capone 11-12-2003 12:01 AM

My friend just bought the Exceed and he loves it. The main difference between the two is that when you discharge with the Exceed you will have to plug it in to a power supply to make it work. The second difference is that when you discharge batteries on the Exceed it will actually shut of when the batteries reach safe discharge levels; I think it's .90 cut off. The octane discharges with lights as you know, and you have to watch to make sure your batteries don't stay on too long and discharge too much if your useing Nimh batteries.

FUK_WRX 11-12-2003 12:09 AM

Originally posted by og_capone
My friend just bought the Exceed and he loves it. The main difference between the two is that when you discharge with the Exceed you will have to plug it in to a power supply to make it work. The second difference is that when you discharge batteries on the Exceed it will actually shut of when the batteries reach safe discharge levels; I think it's .90 cut off. The octane discharges with lights as you know, and you have to watch to make sure your batteries don't stay on too long and discharge too much if your useing Nimh batteries.
I see. I think this ends the story :)

Is there anymore feedbacks ??

dontfeelcold 11-12-2003 12:26 AM

what is the discharge rate for the Exceed?

if it isnt 20amps, can some some be changed in it so it does discharge at 20amps?

Carbon_Fibre3 11-12-2003 02:53 AM

the indi octane 2 discharger is 20 amp discharge..
and has an 0 volt cut off so u cannot have cells go into reversal. this is useful for dead shortin packs as they need to be at 0 volts.

Ooj 11-12-2003 03:28 AM

so basically the integy is a expensive light bulb discharger??

Can you set the cutoff on the rayspeed? does it cutoff at 0 so you can deadshort?

dontfeelcold 11-12-2003 03:43 AM

does anyone know what the discharge rate for the exceed is?

caveman 11-12-2003 04:16 AM

The exceed has 5amp discharge at equalizing mode, and 1amp at condition mode. Connecting to the 12v power supply is to power the cooling fan, I think.

dontfeelcold 11-12-2003 04:32 AM

does it matter what the discharge amperage is? when racing you pull at least 20amps, so shouldnt you discharge at a high amp rate or is this not a issue with nimhs?

this is one of the things im not sure about.

caveman 11-12-2003 05:12 AM

The exceed is designed for conditioning, not actual discharging.

FUK_WRX 11-12-2003 05:14 AM

Oh no

You meat to say the Exceed is just like integy's SP saddle pack thing !! But i guess if you have a discharge function like on the CE or integy 16X9 it would not matter. Cause you can discharge at 20amps then slap thme on the exceed so that they get equalised.

Please correct me if i have the wrong idea ??

FUK_WRX 11-12-2003 05:25 AM

Exceed specs

here's the specs of the exceed

Equalizes and conditions batteries for maxminum performance.
- Input voltage: DC12-14V
- Discharge capability: sub-C single-cell, 3-cell, 4-cell or 6-cell
- Battery compatability: NiCd or NiMH
- Equalizing-Mode Discharge rate: 5A
- Conditioning-Mode Discharge rate: 1A
- Discharge cut-off for NiMH cells: 0.9V
- Discharge cut-off for NiCd cells: 0.1V

Geppetto 11-12-2003 05:26 AM

caveman is correct! The Rayspeed Exceed is only connected to an external power source when you want to run the fan. Otherwise, the 12VDC cable is disconnected.

Carbon_Fibre3 11-12-2003 07:11 AM

so basically the integy is a expensive light bulb discharger??
no, it has resistors inside it also. a light bulb discharger can also put cells into reversal

Ooj 11-12-2003 07:39 AM

I am still a little confused guys. At the moment I discharge a pack at 20A using my 16x9/cdc. What I need now is something that I can equalise to 0.9v/cell for charging and also to 0 so that I can deadshort my stock packs. Which one does both? Is there any indicators or automated cutoff at 0.9 and 0?