R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-28-2009, 10:09 PM   #61
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
We will honor your warranty with a vaild receipt.

I'm happy to hear that everyone is happy with the Tekin RS. We're continually building upon it.

Next up the RX8!
HI Randy, I just purchased a R1 pro with 358 combo, after I finished setting up the system, I saw smoke coming out from the esc, then I immediately turned it off, now I am afraid to turn it on again, I am wondering where should I send it back to Tekin for warranty, I just purchased it a week ago and I still have the receipt here for the combo, I am new to Tekin equipment. Thanks in advance.
meon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 11:50 AM   #62
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by meon99 View Post
HI Randy, I just purchased a R1 pro with 358 combo, after I finished setting up the system, I saw smoke coming out from the esc, then I immediately turned it off, now I am afraid to turn it on again, I am wondering where should I send it back to Tekin for warranty, I just purchased it a week ago and I still have the receipt here for the combo, I am new to Tekin equipment. Thanks in advance.
Thats suck dude....
I hope Tekin will back you up since it is a new purchase..
And I am sure they will as this is their flagship model and GOOD LUCK..
Thanks for sharing as I am on my way to get one too.....
xxx123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 04:22 PM   #63
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike

From the sounds of it something isn't wired correctly. We don't just smoke when switch on. If the polarity of the battery wires is wrong there's no reverse polarity protection. Also make sure the cap was installed correctly as it too is polarized.

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:51 PM   #64
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
From the sounds of it something isn't wired correctly. We don't just smoke when switch on. If the polarity of the battery wires is wrong there's no reverse polarity protection. Also make sure the cap was installed correctly as it too is polarized.

I had similiar problem, esc smoked after 2 mins of normal driving, dealer luckily took it from me, but said it happens I wrote several mails to tekin, no answet, dissapointed with it, still use only their 278 motors which are nice. But I don't know where good customer care went... Dealers in Europe are not happy with it too.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:15 PM   #65
Tech Elite

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajman View Post
I had similiar problem, esc smoked after 2 mins of normal driving, dealer luckily took it from me, but said it happens I wrote several mails to tekin, no answet, dissapointed with it, still use only their 278 motors which are nice. But I don't know where good customer care went... Dealers in Europe are not happy with it too.

It is exactly what I had, it ran for 5 mins for just a test, then it stopped working. I talked to Ty at Tekin and he said he is going to take a look at it. I just shipped it out today and will let everyone know what's wrong with it....
by the way, I emailed Ty at Tekin couple times, Tekin has the best customer service in USA.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:45 PM   #66
okayplayer

tekin rs / rs pro + hotwire + tekin motor is really the way to go.

these guys @ tekin really know what quality means. a pure blast.

CÚdric
Old 03-03-2009, 05:16 PM   #67
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Yes, Tekin has their stuff together. I just had a nice conversation with Jim (president), and got a lot of very good information on setting up a RS and other stuff. Jim is a great guy, who is willing to put up quality products ONLY. Very stand-up guy and company. I just ordered a couple motors and ESCs. They deserve my support.
Old 03-06-2009, 05:35 PM   #68
Tech Elite

Quote:
I believe it is not the wiring issue, because it worked for 5 mins, after that it stopped working.......

anyway, I have sent it back to Tekin, and hopefully they know what is wrong with it.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:25 PM   #69
Tech Elite

pm to Randy.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:36 PM   #70
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by meon99 View Post
I believe it is not the wiring issue, because it worked for 5 mins, after that it stopped working.......

anyway, I have sent it back to Tekin, and hopefully they know what is wrong with it.
Quote:
Just got the ESC and Motor back from Tekin, all I can say is "Tekin has the best customer service" GOOD JOB TEKIN.

Special thanks to TY and RANDY.