R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-25-2011, 08:18 PM   #1006
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreCee View Post
I'm sure your buddy means well but you can leave the Tekin's switch on to use the LVC or leave it off if you have enough discipline to pull off before you over discharge the pack.

You can leave the power wire plugged into the receiver. I and all the other RX pack users with Tekins at my track set it up the same and in two years have not had one failure of a receiver pack or of an ESC unless you count reversing the battery wires when plugging it in.

Check with Tekin and they'll tell you the same thing.

Also from what I understand about LiFe is that they can be discharged much deeper than Lipo. Check to see if you used a LiFe compatible charger because using a Lipo charge profile will overcharge the pack.
Got it, what kind of run time should i expect to get with a 220mAh pack? (ie do i need to recharge everytime i run or every couple of times?)
Charlie 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 08:48 PM   #1007
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie 13 View Post
Got it, what kind of run time should i expect to get with a 220mAh pack? (ie do i need to recharge everytime i run or every couple of times?)
Typically we burn about 110 to 130mah for an eight minute heat and several warm up laps. As a rule I charge mine after each run it only takes a few minutes. Consumption will depend on your servo, I am using a Futaba 9650.

Remember that your milage may differ.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:22 AM   #1008
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie 13 View Post
Today i ran a life receiver pack for the first time, after the 2nd practice session the car died (12th scale 17.5 blinky). A buddy came over and said it was because the tekin switch was on, it needs to be in the off position otherwise it back feeds the motor from the receiver pack. I killed the receiver pack (brand new), shows 1 volt.

What am i missing, nothing for the last few posts about receiver packs mentions this?

switch on the pack only allows lvc as long as the 1s box is checked. I was pulling about 90 out of my lipo Rec pack last week. I recommend charging each run I was looking for a simple life charger and could not find one.. But small lipo's were easy to find small chargers. just plug them
in no buttons to hit.

MMR Direct Minneapolis World Class Indoor Race Facility.
On Road and Off Road racing year round.

www.molzermoweryracing.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/MMR/160679913944205?__req=9

Check out You Tube mmrswracing. Every qualifier and every main uploaded at the end of every race day.
ammdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:14 PM   #1009
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammdrew View Post
switch on the pack only allows lvc as long as the 1s box is checked. I was pulling about 90 out of my lipo Rec pack last week. I recommend charging each run I was looking for a simple life charger and could not find one.. But small lipo's were easy to find small chargers. just plug them
in no buttons to hit.
For a nice li-fe charger, try Zipp Racing at http://www.zippracing.com

Purchased a small li-fe charger from Dave Zipp for $15.99 plus shipping. Have been using it for the past 6 months with no issues.

Dave Zipp
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 517-881-0410

Bill

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:34 PM   #1010
Tech Adept

Hi i was wondering if anyone could post up an rs pro 212 esc setup for WGT car on 1S 10.5t please. I have been reading through but i am new to the timing profiles and boost settings the tekin has.I have been using a 200mah life pack with esc switched off and it has been running well. The track i race at is outdoor asphalt 19 sec lap roughly with lowish grip. I have it running but am interested to find some esc settings.
Thanks in advance
ace955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:36 PM   #1011
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 217 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
For a nice li-fe charger, try Zipp Racing at http://www.zippracing.com

Purchased a small li-fe charger from Dave Zipp for $15.99 plus shipping. Have been using it for the past 6 months with no issues.

Dave Zipp
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 517-881-0410

Bill
I have one of these and it works very well!!! Red light means charging and Green, it's done!
Andy Koback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 09:55 PM   #1012
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace955 View Post
Hi i was wondering if anyone could post up an rs pro 212 esc setup for WGT car on 1S 10.5t please. I have been reading through but i am new to the timing profiles and boost settings the tekin has.I have been using a 200mah life pack with esc switched off and it has been running well. The track i race at is outdoor asphalt 19 sec lap roughly with lowish grip. I have it running but am interested to find some esc settings.
Thanks in advance
Just wait about 10 days and some of the best drivers in the world will know their settings from the IIC carpet race in Las Vegas.

Surprise, surprise! I pretty much run the same RS/RS Pro settings from carpet to asphalt with maybe a minor gearing change.

Bill

Old 10-16-2011, 12:19 AM   #1013
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

What 13.5 motors seam to work best with the RS for 1S? I have a 2 year old Redline in my WGT car right now and running boosted, but am not seeing any noticable speed over other racers running 13.5 Blinky. Mind you, it is a small, high traction track and the rollout is correct. The boost does roll in like it is supposed to. The motor runs well, is solid and does not overheat. Just looking for options or opinions and tired of searching.

Thanks in advance,

John
Old 10-16-2011, 01:29 AM   #1014
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljohn1064 View Post
What 13.5 motors seam to work best with the RS for 1S? I have a 2 year old Redline in my WGT car right now and running boosted, but am not seeing any noticable speed over other racers running 13.5 Blinky. Mind you, it is a small, high traction track and the rollout is correct. The boost does roll in like it is supposed to. The motor runs well, is solid and does not overheat. Just looking for options or opinions and tired of searching.

Thanks in advance,

John
Personaly i would do a D3 the tekin motors dont seem to be very good in the 1s department
Old 10-16-2011, 06:04 AM   #1015
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

i never had a problem with my redline,i even had these so called 1s motors and performed no difference,if you can wait on the gen 2 i would
Old 10-16-2011, 11:54 AM   #1016
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE View Post
i never had a problem with my redline,i even had these so called 1s motors and performed no difference,if you can wait on the gen 2 i would
I've not had any problems with mine. I like the torque of the Redline series, so I think your advice is best. I'll wait for the new one.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:13 AM   #1017
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Their has to be a reason why you don't see any tekin motors in the a mains in pan car at big races look at iic not one tekin motor ,if they where as fast as other motor wouldn't you see a few in the mains. Don't get me wrong the tekin motors work fine but in my oppinion they are not as fast as other motors on the market.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:34 PM   #1018
Tech Fanatic

Default Speedo Question

Hi Tekin guys, Made all my decisions about how to set my 12th up except the speedo part. Please be patient with me as this esc/motor brush less is totally new to me and I'm just trying to look ahead as to what I would need esc wise

I've asked the question in several threads about a speedo that can run a mod 4T and say 13.5/17.5 both blinky and ramped. I'm asking so I don't need two speedo's or two cars. I understand that gearing/tires/etc may be different from mod to .5 classes blinky or ramped but my question is not about all that stuff just the esc part

I've basically purchased all the stuff needed to race except esc and want one that will work well in both mod and .5 classes

I know that I'll need a booster and I've also heard I can set two profiles but I want that best advice from the Tekin guys as to is it possible to be competitive in both mod and 13.5/17.5 boosted/ramped with the RS Pro

I appreaciate any awesome replies to satisfy my curiosity about this esc question

On a similar note I noticed that Mike B. at IIC did well in both 13.5 (1st) and mod (3rd)

Does anyone remember if he ran two cars or what he ran in regard's to 12th scale for both classes he ran

Thank you kindly

Old 10-19-2011, 11:48 PM   #1019
Tech Champion

RS Pro is all you need if you intend on getting into mod at some point.

However, if you are planning on racing at Nor-Cal Hobbies, please note that most locals run 17.5 unramped/ramped. The carpet track will open the first weekend of November; so, you might wait before purchasing a mod motor.

Mike Blackstock can have all the Associated pan cars he wants...LOL He is an exceptional driver...that appears to be back after his showing at the IIC.

Bill

Old 10-19-2011, 11:54 PM   #1020
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
RS Pro is all you need if you intend on getting into mod at some point.

However, if you are planning on racing at Nor-Cal Hobbies, please note that most locals run 17.5 unramped/ramped. The carpet track will open the first weekend of November; so, you might wait before purchasing a mod motor.

Mike Blackstock can have all the Associated pan cars he wants...LOL He is an exceptional driver...that appears to be back after his showing at the IIC.

Bill
Hi Bill, I already know about the class range at Norcal as Have I posted a new thread at rcracing.com to try to get 12th communication going but my question is not about that

I am already an experienced mod racer Bill so again my question is about running the non-mod classes with the same equipment as mod hence which esc can be used with both classes and with perhaps two profiles for each to make it easy to go from one class to another at a big race?

My question was specific in that I have been asking many times about having ONE speedo for both 13.5/17.5 ramped/blinky and mod

If someone who knows exacltly if the RS Pro would perform competatively with 13.5/17.5 ramped/blinky and mod please respond

Also my question was not about associated cars it was about Tekin and the fact I thought Mike B. was running Tekin perhaps for both classes which is why I posted in this thread and why I mentioned him specifically cause I was curious if he used the Tekin RS Pro for both