Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tekin RS/RS PRO on 1s Lipo Q&A >

Tekin RS/RS PRO on 1s Lipo Q&A

Tekin RS/RS PRO on 1s Lipo Q&A

Old 08-19-2010, 09:32 AM
  #886  
Team Tekin
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
Randy_Pike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Norcal
Posts: 9,912
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Glad to help Bill. Your car looked good on the track. I'll have to get my WGT going and throw down with you.
Randy_Pike is offline  
Old 08-24-2010, 06:05 PM
  #887  
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,191
Default

I'm not sure if I saw it in this thread or in the RS thread but...I remember seeing someone who had wired their LiPo RX pack into the servo lead of their RS so that it would use the BEC in the RS to regulate voltage to the RX and only use the 1 switch. Someone from Tekin said it would work at the time but wanted to evaluate it more. Did this turn out to be something bad to do or was it OK? The only issue I remember hearing about was the voltage cut off wouldn't work which isn't much of an issue for me as I'll be running 17.5 and 13.5 both limited profile in 1/12th and WGT so I won't be anywhere near low voltage at the end of a run.
InspGadgt is offline  
Old 08-24-2010, 06:10 PM
  #888  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (103)
 
20 SMOKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HVR_ WEEKI WACHEE FL
Posts: 10,437
Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)
Default

I seen that,jim was the one talking about it
20 SMOKE is offline  
Old 08-24-2010, 08:33 PM
  #889  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (16)
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,379
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
Glad to help Bill. Your car looked good on the track. I'll have to get my WGT going and throw down with you.
Randy, You gave me some food for thought about my high/low rev settings brought over from carpet.

Now I have to figure out how to make the car go at the IIC with no boost or turbo...

Bill
Still Bill is offline  
Old 08-24-2010, 09:02 PM
  #890  
avs
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
avs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,175
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
I'm not sure if I saw it in this thread or in the RS thread but...I remember seeing someone who had wired their LiPo RX pack into the servo lead of their RS so that it would use the BEC in the RS to regulate voltage to the RX and only use the 1 switch. Someone from Tekin said it would work at the time but wanted to evaluate it more. Did this turn out to be something bad to do or was it OK? The only issue I remember hearing about was the voltage cut off wouldn't work which isn't much of an issue for me as I'll be running 17.5 and 13.5 both limited profile in 1/12th and WGT so I won't be anywhere near low voltage at the end of a run.
post 32
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ml#post7091098
avs is offline  
Old 08-25-2010, 08:16 AM
  #891  
Team Tekin
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
Randy_Pike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Norcal
Posts: 9,912
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Bill, crank the timing up in the motor, select timing profile 1, find your rollout...
Randy_Pike is offline  
Old 08-25-2010, 11:38 AM
  #892  
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,191
Default

Thanks AVS that's what I was looking for...just hadn't got that far back yet after a couple hours of searching.
InspGadgt is offline  
Old 08-25-2010, 12:30 PM
  #893  
Tech Master
 
Julius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Amsterdam Netherlands
Posts: 1,047
Default

Randy,

Any comments on this? I'd really like to use it as it saves all the issues with regulators etc. and the weight of a LiFe or 2s Lipo. I'd run a 1s lipo in series with the switch.

I can see you're not going to make this a "normal" setup but I'd like to get an "unofficial" nod before wireing my RS-pro like this.

Thanks
Julius is offline  
Old 08-25-2010, 01:48 PM
  #894  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (103)
 
20 SMOKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HVR_ WEEKI WACHEE FL
Posts: 10,437
Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)
Default

why not use the booster and save the weight,unless this will be in a wgt
20 SMOKE is offline  
Old 08-25-2010, 01:58 PM
  #895  
Team Tekin
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
Randy_Pike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Norcal
Posts: 9,912
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

It works, nuff said.

We still prefer to see the life packs,etc.
Randy_Pike is offline  
Old 08-25-2010, 02:20 PM
  #896  
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,191
Default

Are you planning on being at IIC again this year Randy?
InspGadgt is offline  
Old 08-25-2010, 06:31 PM
  #897  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (16)
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,379
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
Bill, crank the timing up in the motor, select timing profile 1, find your rollout...
That I knew...LOL
Still Bill is offline  
Old 08-26-2010, 05:30 AM
  #898  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (5)
 
Mike Mandio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Newark, Delaware
Posts: 155
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE View Post
why not use the booster and save the weight,unless this will be in a wgt
I run a TQ booster in 10.5 WGT on a large track (235 ft. back straight) with no issues. We run 6 minute heats.
Mike Mandio is offline  
Old 08-28-2010, 09:30 AM
  #899  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (103)
 
20 SMOKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HVR_ WEEKI WACHEE FL
Posts: 10,437
Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)
Default

i just got done doing the rx lipo mod,work great.testing tomorrow
20 SMOKE is offline  
Old 08-28-2010, 09:42 AM
  #900  
Team Tekin
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
Randy_Pike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Norcal
Posts: 9,912
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Yes I will be at IIC. Flying in first thing tuesday morning.
Randy_Pike is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.