R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-25-2009, 01:46 AM   #481
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

Anyone had any issues with pigtailing the speedo reciever wire so unplugging the RS is not needed for hotwire connection??

Dan
Sideways_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 03:13 AM   #482
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Sounds like a good idea, although i hate soldering those little wires. I always seem to melt the insulation on the wires when soldering them up using a 25w iron. Although mainly just because it looks terrible.
craig mcphee ( WHERE'S MY BEER )
mangoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 06:33 AM   #483
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BLKNOTCH

So I have been messing with the setting once again on my RS in my GenX with 13.5 Redline with great results during practice.

Fixed timing set to 12 deg
ESC Boost at 15
ESC Turbo at MAX
Turbo delay .2
Drag brake set to 75%
Throttle Profile #5

This is with the V200 firmware.

I am able to be so smooth with this set up now and I will see how I make out in todays race.

Oh I am also running 46mm tires, 74 tooth spur and 41 tooth Pinion.
Old 10-25-2009, 08:05 AM   #484
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways_1 View Post
Anyone had any issues with pigtailing the speedo reciever wire so unplugging the RS is not needed for hotwire connection??

Dan
Won't work because it tries to power the receiver. The only way to make it work would be another switch in the system.

I just put a little pull tab of tape on the connector. Makes it easy to pull out.
Fred_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 08:18 AM   #485
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways_1 View Post

Dan
i'm lazy and used a short aileron extension. most are 6" but jr makes a 3" version. you still have to unplug something but it's no risk installation
avs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 10:40 PM   #486
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKNOTCH View Post
So I have been messing with the setting once again on my RS in my GenX with 13.5 Redline with great results during practice.

Fixed timing set to 12 deg
ESC Boost at 15
ESC Turbo at MAX
Turbo delay .2
Drag brake set to 75%
Throttle Profile #5

This is with the V200 firmware.

I am able to be so smooth with this set up now and I will see how I make out in todays race.

Oh I am also running 46mm tires, 74 tooth spur and 41 tooth Pinion.
How do you get the delay on the turbo to .2? I can only go to .5.

Also, has anyone had a problem with the RS Pro at the start of the main. When the horn sounds, I hit the throttle and the car just sets there with the lights flashing and then it takes off but slowly. The same thing happened to me at the IIC in my mains. This is not good as you get hit from behind or your great qualifying spot is lost because the speed control will not launch. I am hoping there is a set up change that will fix this.
Crashby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:21 PM   #487
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike

Simple trick I use on the servo lead is to take some clear scotch tape and make a tab on the plug by taping it up on both sides with a single piece. Then cut the bottom of the plug end and you're good. Makes it easy to pull while not stressing the wires.

If you're having flashig lights on the RS at the start this is showing no radio signal. I was at the IIC and would have liked to help you first hand.

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:00 AM   #488
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashby View Post
How do you get the delay on the turbo to .2? I can only go to .5.
crashby,

vegas 200 baaaaby

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 01:24 PM   #489
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
Simple trick I use on the servo lead is to take some clear scotch tape and make a tab on the plug by taping it up on both sides with a single piece. Then cut the bottom of the plug end and you're good. Makes it easy to pull while not stressing the wires.

If you're having flashig lights on the RS at the start this is showing no radio signal. I was at the IIC and would have liked to help you first hand.
You helped me a bunch at Vegas, Randy and much thanks for your support. Remember we had breakfast together early one morning.

The issue about the delay when the horn sounded did not show up until the mains and it was too late to do anything about it then But I raced again this past weekend and it happened again. I have to think that it's a setup issue with either my transmitter or my RS Pro. I use a Futaba 2.4 system. Any ideas? Another interesting observation. Because I have a very light coat of white paint on my body, when the car is going around the track under full throttle, I can see the lights are flashing. There does not seem to be any loss of power or control. Just the red lights flashing.

You also downloaded V200 on my flash drive for me at Vegas which I put on my lap top after dumping all previous versions but I still can't get below .5 on the turbo delay.

Great speed control and it will be even better once I figure it all out!!!
Old 10-28-2009, 03:59 PM   #490
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

I use a servo extension.

How are you guys wiring up a 2cell lipo RX?
Old 10-29-2009, 06:36 AM   #491
Tech Elite

rx pack straight to the rx. if you want you can put a switch on it. i run the switch off the negative lead

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
Old 10-29-2009, 09:18 AM   #492
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by theisgroup View Post
rx pack straight to the rx. if you want you can put a switch on it. i run the switch off the negative lead
Yang,

Are you using a regulator for your receiver pack?

s-
Old 10-29-2009, 09:22 AM   #493
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Has anyone used This in a single cell application?

Thanks

Someday, I hope to be the man my dog thinks I am.
StewartFan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:33 AM   #494
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashby View Post
Yang,

Are you using a regulator for your receiver pack?

s-
no sir. ko said that it would not be a problem. I know that a buddy called futaba and they said they would not support 2s to their rx.

Old 10-29-2009, 12:50 PM   #495
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by StewartFan20 View Post
Has anyone used This in a single cell application?

Thanks
No, but have used it in 4-cell. It is a capacitor that ensures that the receiver always sees a voltage above its minimum. NiMh cells can be dragged below this momentarily under hard acceleration at the end of a run. For that purpose it works perfectly.

In 1S, the voltage is too low to power the speedo and servo, and most receivers. To ensure that the speedo and receiver work, and the servo runs at a reasonable speed, it is necessary to supply 5v+ through a booster or external pack (see posts above about receiver packs) and that means a capacitor like this is not needed. HTH
SlowerOne is offline   Reply With Quote