R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-21-2009, 01:30 PM   #361
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2056dennis View Post
i will be useing 13.5 in a 12th scale and i thought the 199 and the 200 are the same other then the 199 had some bugs in it and the 200 was the cleaned up version or am i wrong on that
You are correct. If you use the V200, there's not reason to use 199 though. Try a rollout in the low 70mm and work towards the 80mm.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:53 PM   #362
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike

We are expecting deliver of our publich shirts any day now.

They're not exactly like the team ones but they're quite nice. 3 colors if memory serves me correctly...

Should be able to get them at the LHS soon.

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 02:59 PM   #363
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Does anyone have a link to the TQ booster?

Thanks,
Steve
Fasttrax Racing Series / NORA On Road Series
corallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:04 PM   #364
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by corallyman View Post
Does anyone have a link to the TQ booster?

Thanks,
Steve

Here you go.
http://www.tqcells.com/

CMDezigns Paint Works
https://www.facebook.com/pages/CM-Dezigns/259989190822177?ref=hl
chris moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:49 PM   #365
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 126 (100%+)
Default anyone

Quote:
ok im getting ready to go indoors for winter, is what ive got is the old style tq booster and a rs esc and im going to run 1s packs , i do have 199 version so now do i use the esc switch to turn on or do i still just plug the battery in and leave the switch off . thanks for the help and what is a good starting point for gearing i will be running on a 40/85 size carpet track with good bite
and im running 12th scale with a 13.5 with 1s lipo
CRC Gen XL / Xray 09 , t2r pro / CW sprint and CW rocket / Kyosho evolva m3 / Tekin rs / Futaba 4pks / Trinity / Dirtburners thanks Bill / 1/8th racers of Toledo / Trex chassi / Summit Race way / Stateline
LAZER SPEEDWAY where all else IS just a parking lot / Hobby Stop West Raceway
2056dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:51 PM   #366
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 126 (100%+)
Default anyone

Quote:
i will be useing 13.5 in a 12th scale and i thought the 199 and the 200 are the same other then the 199 had some bugs in it and the 200 was the cleaned up version or am i wrong on that
yep does anyone have a answr for me thanks for any and all info
CRC Gen XL / Xray 09 , t2r pro / CW sprint and CW rocket / Kyosho evolva m3 / Tekin rs / Futaba 4pks / Trinity / Dirtburners thanks Bill / 1/8th racers of Toledo / Trex chassi / Summit Race way / Stateline
LAZER SPEEDWAY where all else IS just a parking lot / Hobby Stop West Raceway
2056dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 04:04 PM   #367
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
yep does anyone have a answr for me thanks for any and all info
Yes 200 is cleaned up 199. As far as gearing I would start around 71-76 spur with 35-40 pinion depending on spur size. Now the switch I still dont run 1s box selected so I leave switch for esc off but I have also been running receiver pack so I just plug it into receiver then it powers up. Settings I would start with full turbo and 15 or less boost with no can timing. Hope this helps
Old 09-21-2009, 04:54 PM   #368
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

+1

On a 100 x 60 track we run a 75 mm rollout with ~18 timing, full turbo, and .6 delay. This is roughly a 44 tire, a 76 spur, and a 40 pinion. 13.5 12th scale, with one of the Duo/Speedpassion v2/3 motors and no timing in the can. Motors are coming off around 140-155*
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 05:21 PM   #369
Tech Adept

Send a message via Skype™ to slotracer577

Was installing a booster today (dimension engineering) and was checking the power supplied using my watt meter. Interesting thing, almost no current supplied to the RX. It is almost like the booster is just supplying the voltage so the speed control will turn on, not really providing the power for the RX circuit. Anyone else actually measured the current provided by the RX pack or booster?

John
slotracer577 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 08:23 PM   #370
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
We are expecting deliver of our publich shirts any day now.

They're not exactly like the team ones but they're quite nice. 3 colors if memory serves me correctly...

Should be able to get them at the LHS soon.
Excellent!
Old 09-21-2009, 08:30 PM   #371
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdoherty View Post
+1

On a 100 x 60 track we run a 75 mm rollout with ~18 timing, full turbo, and .6 delay. This is roughly a 44 tire, a 76 spur, and a 40 pinion. 13.5 12th scale, with one of the Duo/Speedpassion v2/3 motors and no timing in the can. Motors are coming off around 140-155*
I ran on this track today with my 1/10 CRC and can confirm the rollout. At 73mm in my case I was able to put some very nice laps in and the car came off at 120*. I'll be back out there again tomorrow, time permitting. I'm running about 8* on the can and 20 boost on the ESC with full turbo and a delay of .5 sec. I wish my 1/12 stuff was all together for this trip, its really big at this track!
Old 09-21-2009, 08:37 PM   #372
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slotracer577 View Post
Was installing a booster today (dimension engineering) and was checking the power supplied using my watt meter. Interesting thing, almost no current supplied to the RX. It is almost like the booster is just supplying the voltage so the speed control will turn on, not really providing the power for the RX circuit. Anyone else actually measured the current provided by the RX pack or booster?

John
Unless there is a load on the servo you won't see much current draw on the booster. Once you're on the track and running (or if you load the servo up) it will draw more current.
Fred_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:36 AM   #373
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hi guys, ran the 1s last weekend for the first time. Unfortunately the track was pretty horrible grip wise but generally speaking my friends who are more experienced than me said that the 1s had no grunt. I was running a 5.5 in dual mode (although i think i was over geared).

I selected dual mode because the guys seemed to be running it at IIC and also because i didnt have time to play around with the boost/turbo. Just wondering if anyone has played around with boost/turbo with mod motors and what their thoughts were?

Also i was running a novak booster on the car. I found that a couple of times during the warm up laps it seemed like the booster was kicking in. But after a little while it was fine. This was with the switch on my RS on, i tried the last two runs with the switch on the RS off and there didnt seem to be any reoccurence of the problem.

I figured since the novak has the voltage cutoff i didnt really need it on the tekin.

If i dont have the switch to the tekin on, does that only effect the lipo cutoff? Will things like the boost/turbo still work normally with the switch off?

Thanks,
Martin

Oh also that was with the 199 software, ive been so busy/lazy i havent bothered updating the software on my laptop
craig mcphee ( WHERE'S MY BEER )
mangoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:13 AM   #374
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike

You should update to 200.

Donny Lia and Mike Dumas both were running in dual mode at the IIC. With the booster though I will tell you that you run the risk of dumping. I'm not saying how many mah's were being used but there were quite a few guys dumping in mod 1/12.

If you run with the RS switch off that means no voltage cut off control from us.

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:41 PM   #375
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Will do, i'll make sure i get my stuff updated before my next run.

Hopefully i can make the weekend meet because that track has enuff grip to be able to run some bigger motors. I have a 4.0 which i want to try out but i might switch back to a 5.5 and play with the turbo.

Unfortunately, we also run on asphalt and not carpet , so im hoping that run time will be ok.

Also do you know what the reason was for the mod guys running the current limiter? I noticed a little bit of current limiting makes the esc run so much cooler. Was it to try to extend run time perhaps?
craig mcphee ( WHERE'S MY BEER )
mangoman is offline   Reply With Quote