Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS/RS PRO on 1s Lipo Q&A

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 01:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamTekin
In 198 checking the 1S box does the same thing as leaving the switch off, but intelligently and allows the lipo cutoff to work properly. So they should perform the same overall and are setup the same except for leaving the esc switch on.
Ok, help a newbie on the 1 cell issue. I'm wiring up a 1/12 scale now with the RS, your 13.5T, the 1 cell SMC, and the TQ Cells booster, the little Spektrum receiver, and I'll update to 198 software. Now will the ESC switch turn on and off the ESC completely or now instead of always leaving it off do I leave it always on?

By the way, I put your RS and 17.5T in my sedan and could tell (with the boost) it rips much better than my GTB or Sphere. Now I've switched over my buggy and now my 1/12 and am selling off all my other brands of ESC and motors - I'm sold, a complete convert.
Old 05-03-2009, 06:53 PM
Team Tekin

Using 194 you must leave the esc switch off.

Once the repaired version of 198 is up on the site you will be able to select 1s with the Hotwire and then leave the switch on.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Once the repaired version of 198 is up on the site you will be able to select 1s with the Hotwire and then leave the switch on.
Randy what was wrong with the 198 software that was posted on the web site?
Old 05-03-2009, 08:31 PM
Team Tekin

There is a glitch that doesn't apply the 1s setting after you hit "save settings."

We're working on it...
Old 05-18-2009, 07:35 PM
Tech Addict

There is a glitch that doesn't apply the 1s setting after you hit "save settings."
We're working on it...
What is the current status?

Using 194 you must leave the esc switch off.
Tell me if I did something wrong. I loaded up the 198 into my RS, installed the TQ Cells booster, and set the ESC switch on. When I measure the voltage coming out of the booster it is the same as the battery. I think I miss-read your note and didn't catch the "Once the repaired version of 198 is up on the site" statement to mean not the current 198. When I set the ESC switch on could I have ruined the booster?

I'll admit that this would be my fault, I'm not trying to claim anything is defective except for possibly my wits, just want to know if this could have caused the booster failure.

Thanks,
Jeff Smith
Old 05-19-2009, 12:08 PM
Team Tekin

There should be nothing we can do in any version to harm the booster unit. The error was actually in the hotwire and not the 198 version for the speedo. It simply was not setting the 1S settings correctly. New version should be up today.

Tekin Prez
Old 05-19-2009, 01:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

Originally Posted by TeamTekin
There should be nothing we can do in any version to harm the booster unit. The error was actually in the hotwire and not the 198 version for the speedo. It simply was not setting the 1S settings correctly. New version should be up today.

Tekin Prez
Excelent , any guidence on what we should set the voltage cutoff at?
Old 05-19-2009, 01:06 PM
Team Tekin

3V is the standard for 1S. Some set it a little higher for some headroom. Some batteries claim they work lower, but it is never good for the life of the battery to use all the capacity.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I like what I am hearing here..... but is there any hope for the Mac Guys? My PC effectively let the magic smoke out and I have never looked back!
Old 05-19-2009, 04:57 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
I like what I am hearing here..... but is there any hope for the Mac Guys? My PC effectively let the magic smoke out and I have never looked back!
I'm running mine on a Mac under bootcamp. Works fine but a native Mac version would be great.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:13 AM
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i just updated an RS to 198 to use the 1s option on a 1/12 scale.

now i get an ominous message:

"Some of the user values are outside the expected range, your ESC may not be compatible with version of hotwire"

the values i am trying to use are

1s lipo
sensored
drag brake off
rev strength 30
brake strength 100
neutral 14
BL-FW
throttle 3
cutoff 3.350
pushcontrl off
boost 15
currentlimit off

it seems that if i pick 1s lipo, then i get a message
"warning the voltage cutoff has not been set"
no matter what i set the voltage cutoff at. i presume that i should use the 'custom' cutoff option.

are these unimportant nuisance warnings, or do they indicate a problem?
thanks for the help.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:19 AM
Tech Master

I have the same warning. The message is received after i installed the new version. When i excute the program i get that message in a green box. "Some of the user values are outside the expected range, your ESC may not be compatible with version of hotwire"

After that hotwire fires up and i can adjust my settings. No idea if it will harm the esc. I am a little wary to try it out. I use 2s lipo.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:13 PM
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by avs
i just updated an RS to 198 .. . and get a message:

"Some of the user values are outside the expected range, your ESC may not be compatible with version of hotwire"

...are these unimportant nuisance warnings, or do they indicate a problem?
thanks for the help.
i would still like an authoritive response from Tekin, but i tried it out at the track today and the motor seemed to run a little cooler and it definitely had the edge on the straights (my 17.5 4cell vs a 13.5 1slipo)
i still didn't try out the lipo, maybe next week?
Old 05-25-2009, 11:44 AM
Team Tekin

We're working on the error. It seems to be somewhat dependant on your operating software. Either way you know you have our support and it will get resolved.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default software

We're working on the error. It seems to be somewhat dependant on your operating software. Either way you know you have our support and it will get resolved.
Randy,

I have no problem with the old 198, it's the new one that everyone is having.

I installed it on my custom pc and the laptop that was running the old 198 and have a problem. My custom PC (XP) gives me the same problem. My custom has never seen Hotwaire before yesterday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.