What F1 RC car to buy?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hi

    Im looking to sell a couple of old cars to purchase a F1 style RC car.

    what would be a decent but cheap Car for me?


    Thanks.
  • Well depending what you want...do you want a performance car made to look like a F1 or one geared more toward scale appearance. For scale appearance your best bet currently is the Tamiya F103RM or the 15th Anniversary F103. For a more performance oriented F1 look at some of the pan cars converted to F1s like the Corally. I know there are a couple others out there but I can't think of them off hand.
  • The cross cf01 is only slightly more expensive than the Tamiya F103 anniversary edition, but has much more adjustment.
  • It depends on what you want to do. If you want to race TCS or have the most realistic car, Tamiya is the best bet. Tamiyas can be as fast as anything, but Corally, RcIndyCars, and other Pro-10 pan car based chassis will have easier access to tires and parts, and may be more adjustable, though you can get a ton of aftermarket stuff for the F103 to be on a par with the pan car stuff. Not to mention the F103 based cars like Cross, Tech, etc., which are very racey but just harder to find.
  • +1 F103R (15th Anniversary)

    we have an F1 class at our local track and most race F103s..
    there is a Corally NGX with us as well but despite all its design advantages isnt a clear leader, everyone is in with a chance for the podium

    -Mark
  • Quote: The cross cf01 is only slightly more expensive than the Tamiya F103 anniversary edition, but has much more adjustment.
    Yeah the Cross car is really slick. I wasn't sure if they were still available though so I didn't list them.
  • Quote: Yeah the Cross car is really slick. I wasn't sure if they were still available though so I didn't list them.
    Cross have released a 2008 edition with updated shocks.
  • F103GT
    Hi all,

    I just purchased an F103GT with a S2000 Bodyshell. I have no esc and batteries installed. As for motors, i have Mabuchi RS-540 and HPI R2 23T. I would like to enquire what are the items i need to buy best for the kit. I am in need of a good motor, esc and batteries. I have been playing nitro powered rc for awhile, so i am new to EP racing. Thanks all. You can PM me too. Thank you.
  • I have one for sale
    http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-indy-car.html
    we use to race them in RI about 10yrs ago
  • MLP makes the Viper F1 pro, It has far better tuning adjustments than the F103RM and CF01, but costs two to three times as much.

    I would suggest going with the F103R. It already comes with a oil fill shock and good turnbuckels.
  • What about the Corally F1 New Generation - NGX

    T-Bang has them onsale

    -=light=-



    http://www.t-bang.ca/catalog/product...59027ef08aa481
  • The RC Indycars Spitfire kit is nice. Mine is nearly complete using their chassis only kit and IRS components. They also make a complete kit less body, tires and wings. I started this one to compete with the Corally's. We race locally with a couple of Corally's and between the driving ability and the mechanical grip they make, they are hard to beat. The only aspect of these cars not looking completely authentic is where the rear suspension passes through the body.

    F103 15th Anniversary: If its out of stock, its gone. Limited production run. They are not making more. This news comes from RC Champ.

    F103RM: RC Champ has the L body kit in stock. These can be modified to "R" type components easily. The only part any F103 really is missing is an aluminum right side pod plate. If you're not concerned about TCS, get the 3 Racing complete aluminum rear pod and axle height adjusters, you'll come out ahead in strength and weight.
  • Quote: The RC Indycars Spitfire kit is nice. Mine is nearly complete using their chassis only kit and IRS components. They also make a complete kit less body, tires and wings. I started this one to compete with the Corally's. We race locally with a couple of Corally's and between the driving ability and the mechanical grip they make, they are hard to beat. The only aspect of these cars not looking completely authentic is where the rear suspension passes through the body.

    F103 15th Anniversary: If its out of stock, its gone. Limited production run. They are not making more. This news comes from RC Champ.

    F103RM: RC Champ has the L body kit in stock. These can be modified to "R" type components easily. The only part any F103 really is missing is an aluminum right side pod plate. If you're not concerned about TCS, get the 3 Racing complete aluminum rear pod and axle height adjusters, you'll come out ahead in strength and weight.
    i should have asked this question before i got mine... lol...

    i got a f103GT and THOUGHT it could be an F1 car. i was wrong. there are really only 3 things needed to convert it.
    1) 3racing front arm set(for f103lm and f103gt)
    2) f103lm front steering knuckles(3 racing also)
    3) f103lm rear diff set(3racing makes also)
    (wheel bearings carry over, springs and such are all included with the kits mentioned above...)

    all cost $60 together shipped... so you may buy a f103gt (all on ebay for CHEAP!) and spend a little more for the conversion.


    i will post pix when the arems and diff are in.
  • The F103RM does not come with turnbuckles. The 15th anniversary does.
  • Thanks guys but i dont really think I am going with buying a new car anymore,

    i might but not moment thanks anyway

Similar Threads