Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
HPI Cup Racer 1M >

HPI Cup Racer 1M

Like Tree2Likes

HPI Cup Racer 1M

Old 09-15-2010, 08:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yeah, I'm kind of guessing on the release in the fall. I figured since they are showing it on the RC Car Action forums as a September new release, that would mean sometime this fall. They already have had it available in the UK and Europe, so it's not like they have to start making them since they obviously already have for the European market.

Besides wouldn't anyone think that when it is referred to as a "September release" that it would mean in September or at least the fall?

Check out the RC Car Action forums under "Hot New Stuff" and you will find the thread about HPI's September new releases.

I think HPI is playing dumb with you so they won't be held to a date; they do that a lot I've found.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Boy, I'm kind of surprised that there isn't more interest and response to the 1973 BMW 2002 Turbo body from HPI for the Cup Racer! So far, only 1 person has responded. Maybe now I understand why HPI isn't in any hurry to release new bodies for the Cup Racer. I really thought that more people would be excited to finally see a new Cup Racer body, and a great one at that!

Oh well
Old 09-17-2010, 11:36 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Lotus
Boy, I'm kind of surprised that there isn't more interest and response to the 1973 BMW 2002 Turbo body from HPI for the Cup Racer! So far, only 1 person has responded. Maybe now I understand why HPI isn't in any hurry to release new bodies for the Cup Racer. I really thought that more people would be excited to finally see a new Cup Racer body, and a great one at that!

Oh well
Not my cup of tea. They need to release the Fiat Abarth separately from the SWITCH
Old 09-17-2010, 11:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bodywerx_rc
Quote: Originally Posted by Team Lotus Boy, I'm kind of surprised that there isn't more interest and response to the 1973 BMW 2002 Turbo body from HPI for the Cup Racer! So far, only 1 person has responded. Maybe now I understand why HPI isn't in any hurry to release new bodies for the Cup Racer. I really thought that more people would be excited to finally see a new Cup Racer body, and a great one at that! Oh well Not my cup of tea. They need to release the Fiat Abarth separately from the SWITCH
I think there is interest.. They don't want to get their hopes up and wait 6 months to get it. I wanted the Porsche RSR and they took their sweet time to bring to states.. Then Came the wait for the Fuchs wheels.. I complained so much that HPI sent me a free set.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

I hear ya Raman. I also don't like to get my hopes up for nothing, and HPI has a history of doing just that! If it helps at all, I was just on the HPI website and they now have the BMW body on there, with it's own page. It is listed as "out of stock" at the moment, but at least it's officially there. Shouldn't be long now.

Hopefully we will see more bodies like the ones that myself and some of you have listed on this thread.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:58 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Team Lotus
I hear ya Raman. I also don't like to get my hopes up for nothing, and HPI has a history of doing just that! If it helps at all, I was just on the HPI website and they now have the BMW body on there, with it's own page. It is listed as "out of stock" at the moment, but at least it's officially there. Shouldn't be long now. Hopefully we will see more bodies like the ones that myself and some of you have listed on this thread.
By the way, if you're looking for the Fiat Abarth, take a look at Tamiya's site, they have 3 versions that would fit the CR

1. Stock Fiat 500
2. Fiat 500 Asetto Corsa
3. Fiat Abarth Berlina TCR (1960's version)
Old 09-18-2010, 01:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Raman
I think there is interest.. They don't want to get their hopes up and wait 6 months to get it. I wanted the Porsche RSR and they took their sweet time to bring to states.. Then Came the wait for the Fuchs wheels.. I complained so much that HPI sent me a free set.
I wonder how long the wait will be for the true ten sized polished Minilite wheels?

Where are the Alpina wheels HPI?
Old 09-18-2010, 04:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I also think the BMW is cool but not my cup of tea and at 38.00 each I cant just buy one to have one. Needs to be a shell I really want.
Old 09-18-2010, 08:59 AM
Tech Initiate

Exclamation HELP!!!

I just received my cup racer in the mail (got it in a trade). For now i am just going to throw in some spare electronics until i can go brushless. The car is beautiful (datsun 510) but i am having a problem, I installed a traxxas xl-5 ESC, a trinity 19T motor(kymodo dragon), and a traxxas rx and tx. The motor turns but not the wheels? I took off the gear cover and can see that the large white gear is turning but nothing else...every so often the wheels will twitch but thats it. just feels like something is stripped? or is there a slipper clutch that could have gotten completely loose? Any insight would be GREAT!!! thanks
Old 09-18-2010, 03:31 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I like the BMW body, I've been waiting for an R/C company to release one for while...

Can anyone point me to some treaded tires for the cup racers? The surface I am going to run on is washed concrete...
Old 09-18-2010, 07:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JGRANT
I just received my cup racer in the mail (got it in a trade). For now i am just going to throw in some spare electronics until i can go brushless. The car is beautiful (datsun 510) but i am having a problem, I installed a traxxas xl-5 ESC, a trinity 19T motor(kymodo dragon), and a traxxas rx and tx. The motor turns but not the wheels? I took off the gear cover and can see that the large white gear is turning but nothing else...every so often the wheels will twitch but thats it. just feels like something is stripped? or is there a slipper clutch that could have gotten completely loose? Any insight would be GREAT!!! thanks
Did you get a manual? I'll check mine. Seems odd that the front or rear wont turn.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:56 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up manual

http://www.hpiracing.com/kitinfo/100594/
Old 09-19-2010, 11:15 PM
Tech Champion

HELP!!! I just received my cup racer in the mail (got it in a trade). For now i am just going to throw in some spare electronics until i can go brushless. The car is beautiful (datsun 510) but i am having a problem, I installed a traxxas xl-5 ESC, a trinity 19T motor(kymodo dragon), and a traxxas rx and tx. The motor turns but not the wheels? I took off the gear cover and can see that the large white gear is turning but nothing else...every so often the wheels will twitch but thats it. just feels like something is stripped? or is there a slipper clutch that could have gotten completely loose? Any insight would be GREAT!!! thanks
No slipper clutch. Since neither front and rear wheels turns .. My guess is your spur gear is not connected
Old 09-20-2010, 02:56 AM
Tech Elite

Look in the manual at page 20 at the pics in the middle of the page. See if part 85281 is installed and that the spur gear is installed properly on it (two of the holes in the gear needs to fit onto the two nibs on part 85281). Make sure part 86219 is tight on the spur gear.

If you don't have the manual you can download it here:

http://www.hpiracing.com/manuals/pdf/100594.pdf
Old 09-20-2010, 08:56 AM
Tech Adept

Morning guys,

I am looking to start racing my CR with our local minis. Any ideas for setups?

I am running on Carpet (ozite)

I have the basic kit with a few options
optional spur and pinion to match the M05
gear diffs without the springs F & R (much smoother)
HR Alum outdrives
R CF shock tower
Disc break set, but they are coming off to race.

I am running the laydown shocks, but I am going to switch them to the tower as I am running the CIVIC body.

Should I get the optional springs, and sway-bars?

Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.