Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

HPI Cup Racer 1M

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 09:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

The HPI website in England says they have the Fuchs Wheels, maybe I can order them from there.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Can I get some help over here?
Old 04-15-2010, 02:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DuffmanIVXX
Can I get some help over here?
i believe this is what you are referring to:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXMVE1&P=ML

not an esc, but something that aids in drifting
Old 04-15-2010, 02:39 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by David-M
It is always the same piece and nobody does it aluminum (almost incredible), and as Mike said, take a back one and mount in the front...
However, a 8.5t is ok but the setup has to be perfect ...otherwise you can use its power only on the straight...

http://www.hobbyetc.com/cgi-bin/item.cgi?part_id=60177
Old 04-15-2010, 03:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by k_bojar
i believe this is what you are referring to:

not an esc, but something that aids in drifting
Yeah, thats what i heard about, sounds kinda like a bitch aid to me. Should be able to drift without it right? What about the rest of the electronics? I'm kinda new to r/c racing and I dont want to buy the wrong stuff. What electronics would you put in a cup racer set up for drifting? I would prefer brushless if its worth it. What radio? Motor/ESC? Batteries? Etc... thanks
Old 04-16-2010, 06:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I'm planning on getting a cup racer. What electronics should I put in it? Radio? Servo? Li-Po? Motor? Im just getting it for fun, no racing, all I know is I want it brushless. I have a near by carpet track I have access to as well as smooth parking lots. I want the car set up for drifting but i also want it quick in the straight aways. I heard of a speed control that aids with drifting, i think it was programmable?? Im looking for as much info as you guys can throw at me, wanna do it right the first time. Thanks
I think the speed control you are referring to is the Novak Slyder, go to www.teamnovak.com and see if they have any refurbished ones for sale. The refurbished esc's come with the same warranty as a new one but is cheaper. I think a 13.5 or 17.5 brushless motor would be good enough for drifting, but I am not into drifting. Any 2-cell LiPo would be good, I have had good luck with Reedy, Venom, and True Rc(www.truerc.com) batteries. Any servo would work but a faster servo makes the car easier to drive, I would go with a Hitec HS-625MG, it's $35 and Hitec has awesome customer service.
Find the best Cup Racer driver at your local track and ask him what he has, he will be your competition so it only makes sense to get a step up on him.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

I am in the market for a CR and I want a speed demon as I will not be racing it. Of course I plan to go brushless but I wanted to know how far I could go KV wise on the motor setup and not end up grenading the diffs on it. Also with the power of the BL setup what upgrades should I look into for protection against the power of the BL setup? Are there any upgrades that I absolutely must have for the car to run efficiently.Does anyone make wider wheels for the CR? I want the stretched tire JDM look on my 510 just like in the pics below, I will also be doing the camber stance like the 510 to the left of the photo.
Attached Thumbnails HPI Cup Racer 1M-nos2days2009%3D110_196_nissanskylinec10_bluebird510coupe_rhfactory.jpg  
Old 04-16-2010, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speedemall
I am in the market for a CR and I want a speed demon as I will not be racing it. Of course I plan to go brushless but I wanted to know how far I could go KV wise on the motor setup and not end up grenading the diffs on it. Also with the power of the BL setup what upgrades should I look into for protection against the power of the BL setup? Are there any upgrades that I absolutely must have for the car to run efficiently.Does anyone make wider wheels for the CR? I want the stretched tire JDM look on my 510 just like in the pics below, I will also be doing the camber stance like the 510 to the left of the photo.
We have cup racers on special this month.

http://www.skyrocketbatteries.com/pr...roducts_id=106
We have a porsche, a 240 and a 510.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:54 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Chimer
I think the speed control you are referring to is the Novak Slyder, go to and see if they have any refurbished ones for sale. The refurbished esc's come with the same warranty as a new one but is cheaper. I think a 13.5 or 17.5 brushless motor would be good enough for drifting, but I am not into drifting. Any 2-cell LiPo would be good, I have had good luck with Reedy, Venom, and True Rc batteries. Any servo would work but a faster servo makes the car easier to drive, I would go with a Hitec HS-625MG, it's $35 and Hitec has awesome customer service.
Find the best Cup Racer driver at your local track and ask him what he has, he will be your competition so it only makes sense to get a step up on him.
Thanks for answering my questions, appreciate the help.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:47 AM
Tech Champion

those are very nice parts, and i have them on my CR - biggest reason? i hated those stupid M3 locknuts that was inside the plastic parts

BUT - that's not the part that everyone breaks..those are for the wheels - the part that breaks goes into the FRONT gearbox, has the center drive shaft on one side and the metal bevel gear (which drives the front diff) on the other side

its the ONE PART that no one has seem to think about making...MikeR metioned a 'work around' fix - but no one has come out with a true replacement/aftermarket part for it (hint, hint mike )
Old 04-17-2010, 03:54 AM
Tech Champion

Yeah, thats what i heard about, sounds kinda like a bitch aid to me. Should be able to drift without it right? What about the rest of the electronics? I'm kinda new to r/c racing and I dont want to buy the wrong stuff. What electronics would you put in a cup racer set up for drifting? I would prefer brushless if its worth it. What radio? Motor/ESC? Batteries? Etc... thanks
technically, that's the part you asked about...

there is NOT a speedo on the market to 'aid' in drifting...

novak makes their slyder - already mentioned by someone else - that is 'geared' towards the drift crowd...but ANY speedo can be used for drifting...even the box-stock Tamiya speedos that come in a TT01 can be used for drifting

this is what novak has it their site about the slyder:
Though the SLYDR Brushless Drift ESC has one throttle profile, the versatile ESC is completely programmable and packed with nine customizable parameters. Novak’s Throttle Curve gives drivers the ability to experiment with three throttle responses – Linear, Expo-1 and Expo-2 – which range between a quick burst of power to a smoother, more controlled low-end power delivery. In addition, the SLYDR’s Brake Frequency adjustment contains seven degrees of adjustability from a smooth and controllable brake to a more abrupt and grabbier feel. The dozens of adjustments allow drivers to fine-tune their vehicle’s throttle braking for better control and advanced drifting and racing.

the biggest different then this over the GTB?? one throttle profile vs 6 throttle profile on the GTB - the remainder is pretty much the same...

I'm not bad-mouthing the novak stuff - just pointing out there 'technically' isn't a speedo that will aid in drifting, just one designed with adjustments to the features mostly used by a drifter

enjoy your CR either way
Old 04-17-2010, 04:48 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up my bad.....

thx, for the clarification, kbojar...
I going break my down and adjust my diff. Surprisingly mine has not broken, but those axle cups I broke one on the 1st run.

Last edited by 1555Racing; 04-17-2010 at 06:09 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 05:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speedemall
Can anyone answer my questions? I really wanna by this in the next week or so but if I can't get answers I guess I'll by an M05
Old 04-17-2010, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

anybody have a good starting point (pinion) with a 17.5 using a stock spur gear.

Last edited by bigb11; 04-17-2010 at 07:52 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-17-2010, 08:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hi guys, i have finally (after 2 years of searching) found and purchased a Carson Opel Kadett C coupe bodyshell, same shape as my Holden/Isuzu Gemini coupe 1:1 i own, i want to make a replica of my real car, and i need a chassis for it. at the moment i can only find one chassis to fit it (M04L), as it runs a 240mm wheelbase. the shell is 175mm wide too, anyone know of some wraparound type chrome bumpers that will fit a shell this width also? i looked at the cup racer 510 ones but they'e way too narrow..

as well as that i want to find some slightly dished M chassis size mesh wheels, in 3 piece or a 3 piece copy/style...

anyone that can help me out gets an internet high five

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.